Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v9.1, 3-20-2024)

Post New Thread Reply   

TJGaming1157935
Old 11-18-2021 , 09:13   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.89, 9-11-2021)
Reply With Quote #1161

re-install.
mt_abilities.smx ([MT] Abilities Set #1): Library not found: mutant_tanks
mt_abilities2.smx ([MT] Abilities Set #2): Library not found: mutant_tanks
mutant_tanks.smx ([L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks): Native "ConVar.Plugin.get" was not found

How do I fix this? I'm still pretty new to this
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 11-18-2021 , 09:47   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.89, 9-11-2021)
Reply With Quote #1162

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJGaming1157935 View Post
re-install.
mt_abilities.smx ([MT] Abilities Set #1): Library not found: mutant_tanks
mt_abilities2.smx ([MT] Abilities Set #2): Library not found: mutant_tanks
mutant_tanks.smx ([L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks): Native "ConVar.Plugin.get" was not found

How do I fix this? I'm still pretty new to this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyk0tik View Post
Requirements

1. SourceMod 1.11.0.6724 or higher
Old 11-18-2021 , 20:15   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.89, 9-11-2021)
Reply With Quote #1163

Thank you! I forgot to update sourcemod
TJGaming1157935
Old 11-18-2021 , 22:35   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.89, 9-11-2021)
Reply With Quote #1164

Everything works but how do I spawn the tank? I've used the default ones for now, but it seems when I
use the admin menu and pick a tank, It says its loaded, but when the tank spawns, it's just the regular vanilla one.
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 11-19-2021 , 21:00   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.89, 9-11-2021)
Reply With Quote #1165

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJGaming1157935 View Post
Everything works but how do I spawn the tank? I've used the default ones for now, but it seems when I
use the admin menu and pick a tank, It says its loaded, but when the tank spawns, it's just the regular vanilla one.
By default, they are all disabled. Make sure you set "Tank Enabled" to "1" in the config file, which is located in: addons/sourcemod/data/mutant_tanks/mutant_tanks.cfg
Old 11-25-2021 , 05:51   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.89, 9-11-2021)
Reply With Quote #1166

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewintersoldier97 View Post
Hey Psyk0tik, about the custom config file...I created a custom one disable the plugin in "Tanks Playground" and some other map, but also made some configs for difficulty balance, used this setting on the main mutant_tanks.cfg:
Code:
"Custom"
		{
			"Enable Custom Configs"			"1"
			"Create Config Types"			"131"
			"Execute Config Delay"			"5.0"
			"Execute Config Types"			"131"
		}
But when I played that map, the Mutant Tank still appears :bee:...Checked my admin menu I see 2 or sometimes 3 different cfg file path defend on the difficulty. So is this mean the plugin will only use one of them (And ignore my map config along the way)? Anyway I can overwrite this and make your plugin prioritize the map configs file?
The difficulty can change at anytime while map configs are only executed once the map has loaded. That means difficulty configs will take immediate priority.

You will need to share your map and difficulty configs if you require more help.
Old 11-25-2021 , 06:46   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.89, 9-11-2021)
Reply With Quote #1167

Quote:
The difficulty can change at anytime while map configs are only executed once the map has loaded. That means difficulty configs will take immediate priority.

You will need to share your map and difficulty configs if you require more help.
Here is some of my config files, all in their respectively folder. Note that I'm using the txt format to bypass the attachment limit.
Attached Files
File Type: txt l4d2_tanksplayground.txt (162.2 KB, 95 views)
File Type: txt easy.txt (169.9 KB, 110 views)
File Type: txt normal.txt (169.9 KB, 142 views)

Looking for some fun!

Last edited by thewintersoldier97; 11-25-2021 at 06:46.
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 11-25-2021 , 07:56   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.89, 9-11-2021)
Reply With Quote #1168

Quote:
Here is some of my config files, all in their respectively folder. Note that I'm using the txt format to bypass the attachment limit. :bee:
Okay, yeah, the difficulty configs have higher priority since they can be executed whenever the difficulty changes. Since you copy-pasted the entire main config to each custom config, the map config's settings will only take effect once the map loads. Any other custom config that is executed afterwards will be the "most recent" config used by MT.

You will have to choose between the two config types. The reason MT allows using both types is because of the following example:

With map configs, you can set ABC to XYZ.
With difficulty configs, you can set DEF to UVW.

What you are trying to do here is this:

With map configs, set ABC to XYZ.
With difficulty configs, set ABC to UVW.
Old 11-25-2021 , 12:26   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.89, 9-11-2021)
Reply With Quote #1169

Quote:
Okay, yeah, the difficulty configs have higher priority since they can be executed whenever the difficulty changes. Since you copy-pasted the entire main config to each custom config, the map config's settings will only take effect once the map loads. Any other custom config that is executed afterwards will be the "most recent" config used by MT.
I thought if I set the "Plugin Enabled" value to 0, the rest doesn't matter so I copied it to save some time lol. Does delete all the tank list for example make any different? I've already set "Tank Enabled" value of each tank to "-1" on the map config tho.
Quote:
You will have to choose between the two config types. The reason MT allows using both types is because of the following example:

With map configs, you can set ABC to XYZ.
With difficulty configs, you can set DEF to UVW.

What you are trying to do here is this:

With map configs, set ABC to XYZ.
With difficulty configs, set ABC to UVW.
So the map configs have a wider range covered than the difficulty one am I get this right? Which mean I can't use those 2 config files? What if I created a somewhat "default" tank for that specific map for example #125 "Generic Tank" and make it the only tank enabled in my map config file, could it work? Damn those thing is giving me a headache

Looking for some fun!
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 11-25-2021 , 16:24   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.89, 9-11-2021)
Reply With Quote #1170

Quote:
I thought if I set the "Plugin Enabled" value to 0, the rest doesn't matter so I copied it to save some time lol. Does delete all the tank list for example make any different? I've already set "Tank Enabled" value of each tank to "-1" on the map config tho.
You disabled it for the map but if you enable it for a certain difficulty and the server switches to that difficulty, then it will be enabled again.

Each time a config file is executed, any setting in that config will override the cache with the most recent value(s).

Quote:
So the map configs have a wider range covered than the difficulty one am I get this right? Which mean I can't use those 2 config files? What if I created a somewhat "default" tank for that specific map for example #125 "Generic Tank" and make it the only tank enabled in my map config file, could it work? Damn those thing is giving me a headache :shock:
The letters I used are just name placeholders. They have nothing to do with the range of the config’s capabilities. This is what I’m trying to say:

The purpose of different config types is to allow users to override different settings. Example:

With map config you can set “Plugin Enabled” to “0”
With difficulty config you can set “Tank Enabled” to “-1”

The way you are describing your setup, it sounds like you are trying to do the following:

With map config you set “Plugin Enabled” to “0”
With difficulty config you set “Plugin Enabled” to “1”

If that sounds like what you’re trying to do, then it would make sense that the difficulty config takes priority because the difficulty can change often after the map has loaded. Again, the map config is only executed when the map loads while difficulty configs can execute whenever “z_difficulty” is changed.

If I’m misunderstanding your setup, then please explain more. It’s hard to tell which settings you’re overriding since you copy-pasted the whole main config file in each custom config.