Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Online CVS for Superhero

Post New Thread Reply   

Alphabet Soup
Old 02-16-2005 , 05:48   Testing CVS v1.18
Reply With Quote #21

Haven't been on here in awhile -- but I downloaded all the lastest files (includes, heroes that I do use, and the core sma's) and have them running on my server for about 8 hours now -- you must've fixed something because it seems to run more stable now. If I come across any bugs--I'll edit my post here. I'll have more data to analyze within 24 hours.

02/16/05
1) Hero "Poison Ivy" seems not to work anymore with this 1.18. I see that you hate this hero anyway so when I get around to it, I'll re-load her back onto my server and try to figure out the problem.

Additional Comments Ivy does seem to work (although I did modify code slightly) - I believe it's some memory issue that probably cleared up once I rebooted the physical server. Sometimes I get this with my Yoda and usually restarting the dedicated server program fixes it, but every now and then I have to rebooted the physical machine to fix it.

And yes - I recomplied all my heroes because of the new inc's.

2) Armor default values seemed like too much of an impact from what everyone was accustomed to, so I lowered them to armor_ratio 0.7 and armor_bonus 0.9.

Additional Comments I've always noticed that armor seemed to do nothing and the new armor calucation is great! It's just a bit strong with all the hero armor values (e.g. Colussus' 500AP (which has been removed from my server for 5 months anyway)), so it might be a good idea to make the armor bonus and ratio a CVAR instead for easy modification. (And explain that the higher the value the lower the benefits since most wont read how the calculations are done.)

3) Hero "Demolition Man": I was hoping the CVS version would be fixed and more stable but apparently if a bomb (from DE maps) blow up a mine, the server will crash. Guess the server get's stuck on trying to figure out who detonated those mines lol -- even though it reports that they have blown up.
vittu
SuperHero Moderator
Old 02-16-2005 , 06:21  
Reply With Quote #22

Did you recompile Poison Ivy? cause all heroes should have been recompiled cause of the changes to the include (probably a stupid question). And I have not looked at Poison Ivy, most likely poor coding...

As far as the armor... It hasn't worked in a long time, so what everyone was accustomed to was not getting any armor at all. The values in the sma are taken directly from the SDK, so they are actual game play armor values (like if you bought armor). Maybe now we wont see so many heroes with way too much armor since it actually works (yea right)... (Oh and those values are just for damage caused by extra damage)

But I'm glad someone is testing it, I've caught some things but I only have a personal test server. Nice that a public server will get some results.

Edit:
And for the demo man issue, you should have reported it in Bug Reports. I don't think anyone has brought up that fact to jtp, thanks for letting us know though.
Send a message via AIM to vittu Send a message via MSN to vittu Send a message via Yahoo to vittu
Alphabet Soup
Old 02-17-2005 , 03:08  
Reply With Quote #23

Ok I reported the Demolition Man v1.2 bug in the Bugs Forum as you suggested.

So far nothing new to report--the CVS v1.18 of Superheroes looks fine and definitely seems more stable then previous versions. If anything new comes up again, I'll post again. Thanks.
Superhero CS - 216.100.165.90:27010 (Non-Saved XP)
WarCraft CS - 216.100.165.101:27010 (Saved XP)
jtp10181
Veteran Member
Old 03-13-2005 , 23:59  
Reply With Quote #24

There is a CVS link up top now. And I finally fixed the "download this directory as a zip" link at the bottom of each page!
Enjoy. BTW I removed all the tpheroes zip files because the cvsweb will make the zip files on the fly for you
BANNED
Old 03-16-2005 , 01:59  
Reply With Quote #25

what is a debug and what does it mean?
Send a message via ICQ to Tassadarmaster Send a message via AIM to Tassadarmaster Send a message via MSN to Tassadarmaster Send a message via Yahoo to Tassadarmaster