Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Day of Defeat 1.3 Issues

Post New Thread Reply   

Holt1310
Old 10-08-2021 , 13:29   Day of Defeat 1.3 Issues
Reply With Quote #1

Hello, i understand the age of game and the plugins but i can not for the life of me get plugins like this:
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=377131

or this

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=439363

- To work at all - The player just spawns with no weapons and in the case of the mortar plugin i cant spawn it. (I can become it though)

Again i get this game is older but id love help and so would my small server...
Thanks!
DJEarthQuake
Veteran Member
Old 10-08-2021 , 18:29   Re: Day of Defeat 1.3 Issues
Reply With Quote #2

The first one, Class works fine for me. My config shows DoD 1.2. It's updated. Should be 1.3 then I guess.
version : 48/1.1.2.6/Stdio 8684 secure (30)
The other, never heard of it, but Luds have modernized Luds. Posted for all mods. Do not recall testing DoD now I think about it.

Here's simple plugin that will give you weapons. Have to know the name of the weapon and say it like weapon_bar, weapon_kar, weapon_scopedkar, so on, so forth.
Old 10-08-2021 , 22:11   Re: Day of Defeat 1.3 Issues
Reply With Quote #3

I would like to preface this with the fact that Day of Defeat may have been started a long time ago but it has had updates so you need to make sure that you're using AMX Mod X 1.9.0. So, due its age and various updates over the years it's possible that some old plugins may not work at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holt1310 View Post
I've never used it before so I don't know much about it. Maybe I'll test it on a local server some day.

Quote:
I think that most servers that allow you to get any weapon that you want use WeaponsMod2 by Toolz (though I could be wrong because I try to avoid servers with this type of plugin). It home is on dodplugins.net here but since it's currently down, I've attached it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEarthQuake View Post
The first one, Class works fine for me. My config shows DoD 1.2. It's updated.
It's been like that for many many years.
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (WeaponsMod2.sma - 128 views - 6.0 KB)

Last edited by fysiks; 10-08-2021 at 22:13.
Holt1310
Old 10-08-2021 , 22:16   Re: Day of Defeat 1.3 Issues
Reply With Quote #4

Hmmm.. IDK, when i spawn as the mortar class i have no weapons and cant spawn the mortar - Noob question - do i need the SMA file too or the the AMXX one fine. What are some other dumb factors that i could be causing with my lack of experience? - Im testing your script as i send this.
Holt1310
Old 10-08-2021 , 22:26   Re: Day of Defeat 1.3 Issues
Reply With Quote #5

Okay - Ill download AMX 1.9 - Also i have a hard time finding basic things like weapon ids - like weapon_NAME, as i would love to get to making my own scripts or maybe porting other scripts. What about changing playermodels? i cant seem to find any info on that.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 10-08-2021 , 23:24   Re: Day of Defeat 1.3 Issues
Reply With Quote #6

The .sma file is the source code, it is used to build the .amxx (binary) file, and it is not needed on the server to run the plugin.

I learned a lot by looking at other plugins and learning about mapping resources. dodplugins.net had a resource called DOD VERC which has map entities and I have backed up here. The "weapon_" entities are map entities that are listed in there. It might not be entirely complete but it's served me well.

Most concepts in DOD are the same as in other mods like Counter-Strike 1.6. Player models should be handled in the same way and there are player model plugins for swapping out player models. Many of these plugins I dislike (I really like a mostly vanilla DOD) so I won't have much experience with them.
Old 10-09-2021 , 11:28   Re: Day of Defeat 1.3 Issues
Reply With Quote #7

Yeah, it seems 1.9 is what I needed. Things are functioning now. I was gonna look to see if I can reverse Engineer a cs player model plug-in, thank you so thanks for that link, it's a start.
Holt1310
Old 10-10-2021 , 23:28   Re: Day of Defeat 1.3 Issues
Reply With Quote #8

Is there any news on DOD Plugins coming back...?
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 10-10-2021 , 23:45   Re: Day of Defeat 1.3 Issues
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Is there any news on DOD Plugins coming back...?
I'm told the owner is, or will, try to get the site back up. When that actually happens is unknown.
Old 10-11-2021 , 02:01   Re: Day of Defeat 1.3 Issues
Reply With Quote #10

Hmmmm i was not apart of this scene of the internet when it was around. Were there more plugins on that site or just repost? im looking for this artillery mod. cant find it for the life of me.