12% 

[L4D2] All 8 Survivors For Windows [20/9/2018]

Post New Thread Reply   

thewintersoldier97
Old 09-15-2021 , 12:17   Re: [L4D2] All 8 Survivors For Windows [20/9/2018]
Reply With Quote #241

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrblz View Post
Unfortunately networking/lag issues are beyond my expertise, I'm just a regular user like you lol. I do know that the only map that I experience any type of lag is the helm's deep survival map, most likely due to the large number of zombies spawned on the map. However only the zombies lag for me, my survivor doesn't lag. I'm assuming you have it set up to show up in the steamgroup server list.

I see you have a ton of plugins installed. Several of them seem to be throwing errors. Tickrate enabler seems to be having gamedata signature issues, are you using the latest signatures for that plugin? Melee in spawn room also seems to keep throwing repeated errors. I would disable the plugins that are throwing errors and see if that helps the issue at all to try to narrow it down. When adding new plugins, I recommend testing each one for possible errors in the log one by one, until you're sure each one is stable. That's how I arrived at my setup.

If you don't experience any lag on the stock campaigns, then the problem is probably related to the custom map. Sometimes plugins can run into issues with custom maps.
Thanks for the input sbrblz. All those plugins, although showing errors in logs file were working fine before on my server, so I though the custom map I installed maybe the cause...Still, I tried disable those that getting errors warning, freshly reinstall sourcemod and delete the map, my server is running normally again. I'll try to slow down on the plugins hoar this time lol. If you have time, maybe you could try to run your server with the "Road to Nowhere" campaign and see if that's the cause here?
Quote:
As a side note, Harry has now added the ability to save bots' gear and health to his fork of the save weapons plugin, now available here. I tested it out, using ABM any survivor over the number of 4 does not have their gear saved, so myself with 7 bots, 3 of them are not saved. The plugin works fine using Multislots. If saving extra bots' gear is a priority for you, you can swap ABM with Multislots and keep SuperVersus if you don't use any of the extra ABM features. You can also use Merudo's fork of the save weapons plugin with ABM as well. I'll update the guide.
That's good to hear! Always nice to have a alternative method incase the one I'm running goes crazy. Bookmarked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit_12 View Post
That sort of lag can happen if the map has forced zombie spawns. In short, map tries to spawn too many zombies and it goes over the entity limit of the server.

Another big thing that can contribute to that lag would be your bad installation of Tickrate_enabler. In short you might be trying to do a ton of stuff on each tick and the server is not able to keep up.
Wow, noted! Much appreciate for your help Spirit_12! So can there be anyway for me to reduce the entity or expand the limit of my server?
About the tickrate_enabler, I followed the installation guide carefully this time, can you share some config for server.cfg or more specific, network tweak you're using on your server? Thanks!
Also I've been tried to get my little sv public but everytime I run it, I can't find it on the ingame serverbrowser even in the LAN tab although I've properly forwarded my port. Only when I connect to it from lobby then it showing up and people can join. It's listed on my "Steam Group Server" section though.
Spirit_12
Veteran Member
Old 09-15-2021 , 17:49   Re: [L4D2] All 8 Survivors For Windows [20/9/2018]
Reply With Quote #242

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewintersoldier97 View Post

Wow, noted! Much appreciate for your help Spirit_12! So can there be anyway for me to reduce the entity or expand the limit of my server?
About the tickrate_enabler, I followed the installation guide carefully this time, can you share some config for server.cfg or more specific, network tweak you're using on your server? Thanks!
Also I've been tried to get my little sv public but everytime I run it, I can't find it on the ingame serverbrowser even in the LAN tab although I've properly forwarded my port. Only when I connect to it from lobby then it showing up and people can join. It's listed on my "Steam Group Server" section though.
  • You cannot increase the limit as its a hardcoded limit on the engine.
  • Shared server configs will result in bad performance, because we have different hardware and different set of plugins. I would recommend running the server at 60 ticks and test the results.
  • You can check in the old school server browser by typing "openserverbrowser" in your console and search for your server IP there. If it shows up then its online and you have nothing to worry about.
Old 09-16-2021 , 00:26   Re: [L4D2] All 8 Survivors For Windows [20/9/2018]
Reply With Quote #243

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewintersoldier97 View Post
That's good to hear! Always nice to have a alternative method incase the one I'm running goes crazy. Bookmarked.
Hey, I just wanted to point out that Harry's fork of the Save Weapons plugin has now been updated and supports saving gear and health in ABM as well. I tested it out and it works perfectly. This is now the definitive version of this plugin to use. I updated the guide and moved it back from the optional plugins section.
Old 09-16-2021 , 00:42   Re: [L4D2] All 8 Survivors For Windows [20/9/2018]
Reply With Quote #244

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit_12 View Post
  • You cannot increase the limit as its a hardcoded limit on the engine.
  • Shared server configs will result in bad performance, because we have different hardware and different set of plugins. I would recommend running the server at 60 ticks and test the results.
  • You can check in the old school server browser by typing "openserverbrowser" in your console and search for your server IP there. If it shows up then its online and you have nothing to worry about.
  • Well, learn something new everyday, thank you.
  • Yes, I'm currently running the server at default tickrate of the plugins (67), but do I have to config more on the cfg file for it to actually work or just leave it as it is?
  • Tried to find my sv with both internal and external ip, wasn't responding. Gametracker webside can't find it either. When I connected from a lobby then it was finally showing up...weird.

Last edited by thewintersoldier97; 09-16-2021 at 00:43.
thewintersoldier97
Old 09-16-2021 , 00:44   Re: [L4D2] All 8 Survivors For Windows [20/9/2018]
Reply With Quote #245

Quote:
Hey, I just wanted to point out that Harry's fork of the Save Weapons plugin has now been updated and supports saving gear and health in ABM as well. I tested it out and it works perfectly. This is now the definitive version of this plugin to use. I updated the guide and moved it back from the optional plugins section.
Wow, you guys have been hard at work huh, great job!
bald14
Old 09-23-2021 , 07:11   Re: [L4D2] All 8 Survivors For Windows [20/9/2018]
Reply With Quote #246

I'm not really good at these things so I hope someone can help me out (
Quote:
[SM] Exception reported: Cannot create new entity when no map is running
[SM] Blaming: l4d2_l4d1_survivors_fix.smx
[SM] Call stack trace:
[SM] [0] CreateEntityByName
[SM] [1] Line 137, C:\steam\common\Left 4 Dead 2\left4dead2\addons\sourcemod\scripting\l4d2_ l4d1_survivors_fix.sp::FireEntityInput
[SM] [2] Line 37, C:\steam\common\Left 4 Dead 2\left4dead2\addons\sourcemod\scripting\l4d2_ l4d1_survivors_fix.sp::RoundStart
Error log file session closed.
lRaiken
Old 10-19-2021 , 14:54   Re: [L4D2] All 8 Survivors For Windows [20/9/2018]
Reply With Quote #247

Spoiler

When I follow this guide with your setup I get the following errors:

L 10/19/2021 - 18:202: [SM] Unable to load plugin "Defib_Fix.smx": Required extension "dhooks" file("dhooks.ext") not running
L 10/19/2021 - 18:202: [SM] Unable to load plugin "l4d2_character_manager.smx": Required extension "dhooks" file("dhooks.ext") not running
L 10/19/2021 - 18:202: [SM] Unable to load plugin "left4dhooks.smx": Required extension "dhooks" file("dhooks.ext") not running
L 10/19/2021 - 18:202: [SM] Unable to load plugin "witch_allow_in_safezone.smx": Required extension "dhooks" file("dhooks.ext") not running
L 10/19/2021 - 18:202: [SM] Unable to load plugin "abm.smx": Could not find required plugin "left4dhooks"

Spoiler

Last edited by lRaiken; 10-20-2021 at 04:10.
Tonblader
Old 10-19-2021 , 17:10   Re: [L4D2] All 8 Survivors For Windows [20/9/2018]
Reply With Quote #248

Quote:
Originally Posted by lRaiken View Post
When I follow this guide with your setup I get the following errors:

Spoiler
First of all, use [SPOILER] your quote [/ SPOILER] to avoid putting unnecessary long text.
It clearly tells you that you have to install in the right way these plugin:

Last edited by Tonblader; 10-19-2021 at 17:17.
lRaiken
Old 10-20-2021 , 04:27   Re: [L4D2] All 8 Survivors For Windows [20/9/2018]
Reply With Quote #249

Spoiler

I don't know how many times I replaced dhooks and Left 4 DHooks Direct, and finally it works!

Thank you very much! Replacing DHooks solved my problem. I used the dhooks-2.2.0-detours17-sm110.zip one for my setup.

There's only one problem left. Is there a way to set this up so that if someone joins the lobby via Steam Group Servers, that the session will not be single player?
So what I simply mean is... "Start game always online" and "Never end session". So I not always have to start the session with mm_force_dedicated... with a lobby.

Bots are already set up to play, even though no player is connected.

Last edited by lRaiken; 10-25-2021 at 03:09.
Spicee
Old 04-25-2022 , 09:59   Re: [L4D2] All 8 Survivors For Windows [20/9/2018]
Reply With Quote #250

Making a github repo based on sbrblz instructions. Yet its unfinished. Can someone will contribute it?
https://github.com/Spicytin/l4d28sur...main/README.md