8% 

[L4D2] All 8 Survivors For Windows [20/9/2018]

Post New Thread Reply   

thewintersoldier97
Old 09-05-2021 , 00:14   Re: [L4D2] All 8 Survivors For Windows [20/9/2018]
Reply With Quote #231

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrblz View Post
Which plugin are you using for player management? Superversus is kinda buggy and exhibits weird behavior when it comes to extra survivors. Depending on what plugin setup you have it's possible weapons and ammo are already being saved. Sometimes information can be buried in a reply in a long thread and can be hard to keep track of. If it works for you without the plugin then that's great.
I don't really know lol, pretty much just follow your setup with addition of some useful plugins like "Weapons drop" or "Black and White notify"...here's my plugins list I'm currently running, attached below.
Quote:
For crashes its hard to say, I would just sourcemod/logs folder. It's recommended to use a dedicated server for mods, I know had some weird crashes when using a localhost/listen server. The other thing I can think of is if any of your plugins are not using update signature gamedata files, it would show up in the error log. I'll probably add info to the guide later about setting up a dedicated server, it's pretty easy.
Yes! Please do! I'm looking forward to it. Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	unknown.png
Views:	215
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	191207  
sbrblz
Old 09-05-2021 , 23:03   Re: [L4D2] All 8 Survivors For Windows [20/9/2018]
Reply With Quote #232

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewintersoldier97 View Post
I don't really know lol, pretty much just follow your setup with addition of some useful plugins like "Weapons drop" or "Black and White notify"...here's my plugins list I'm currently running, attached below.
Ok, so I did some testing and some re-reading of the ABM thread, it seems that ABM is supposed to save player's health, guns, and ammo, based on this post by the original author of the plugin. He does state that he was not able to figure out a way to restore for extra bots over 4 since they seem to be created from scratch, however all human players should have their stuff saved. There seemed to be some instances where this wasn't the case for some people. I will update the guide to point this out and probably move it to the optional plugins list, let me know if you guys ever have a situation where your health, weapons, and ammo don't save on map change without the save weapons plugin.

I am only able to test with 2 players and 6 bots. Shadowysn's version (based on original author maks version) that I linked saves health and ammo correctly, same as without plugin. maks' version seems to give us full ammo instead of restoring the correct amount. Using either version of the plugin does not show the scores of the bots either. I also tested these with SuperVersus and Multislots. I don't know if those 2 plugins save the stuff for extra human players.

Merudo's old fork does correctly save the health and ammo of the extra bots and also shows bot scores between map changes. Unfortunately maks decided not to add some of the fixes and features of this fork to his version. I tested this fork and it still works for saving bots health and ammo. You can try this fork and see if you run into any issues. If you do decide to try it out, let me know if it saves all the players ammo and health. It will generate a config file unlike the other versions, but l4d2_hx_health won't be listed. You can still add it to this config file or leave it in the server.cfg/listenserver.cfg file.

EDIT: There seems to be a new fork by dev HarryPotter made 2 days ago, available here.
I tested it out, while it does fix showing the scores for bots, it still does not save their health and items after a map change. It's possible it will in the future. It's probably safe to say that it saves weapons and ammo for human players, would just need confirmation. For people that want to play with bots, Merudo's version so far is the only one that seems to work for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneednfeed23 View Post
Hi, so the plugins I'm using are Superversus, L4dtoolz, Gear Transfer, Zoey Unlock, Upgrade Pack Fix, and Melee Weapon Grunts. I think Admin menu was also in the mod when I downloaded the Sourcemod but I don't use it. I tried modifying the l4d_superversus.cfg to adjust the difficulty but it doesn't seem to change anything, whenever I start a game I look in the console and see that adjustments were made to the CI spawn rate, max SI, and tank health. (Attached in the picture)

The sv_cheats 1 is actually really weird, it turns on randomly while I'm playing a game, sometimes almost as soon as I start it, other times while I'm in the middle of the map, but I'm not sure what it does after that. I can't get it to happen again lately, but when it did happen and I looked into the console, it doesn't seem to change anything after that so I thought it was connected to the difficulty adjustments that I mentioned above.

As for the server type, I just use the "Play Single Player" option on the main menu, I'm not sure if that even creates a server because it's just closed single player.
Sourcemod comes with a set of stock mods that are part of the package. If I have time later on I will try to test these plugins for a single player listen server to see if I can help you. It's recommended to use a dedicated server with these mods. It's probably better to set up your plugins from scratch if you downloaded a pack from the internet. You can also try "map mapname" in the console instead of choosing the singleplayer option and see if that helps with playing with bots. You can also try adding the sv_cheats "0" to your listenserver.cfg as was previously stated.

Last edited by sbrblz; 09-06-2021 at 02:01. Reason: added info about HarryPotter fork
sbrblz
Old 09-06-2021 , 03:11   Re: [L4D2] All 8 Survivors For Windows [20/9/2018]
Reply With Quote #233

Quote:
Yes! Please do! I'm looking forward to it. Thank you.
Alright, I added a section for dedicated server setup, I tried to make it simple, I might modify it later on.
Old 09-06-2021 , 03:42   Re: [L4D2] All 8 Survivors For Windows [20/9/2018]
Reply With Quote #234

Quote:
Sourcemod comes with a set of stock mods that are part of the package. If I have time later on I will try to test these plugins for a single player listen server to see if I can help you. It's recommended to use a dedicated server with these mods. It's probably better to set up your plugins from scratch if you downloaded a pack from the internet. You can also try "map mapname" in the console instead of choosing the singleplayer option and see if that helps with playing with bots. You can also try adding the sv_cheats "0" to your listenserver.cfg as was previously stated.
Thank you! So I tried testing the servers by loading maps through the console and on different gamemodes like Realism (through console and by selecting Single player in the main menu) and indeed it still does the same thing, it had the increased Tank Health, CI and SI spawn rate. However, after I put sv_cheats "0" into listenserver.cfg, the console shows that it starts off with every setting at regular rates before immediately going back to the increased difficulty (I attached a picture showing this). Before, it would just start off at the increased difficulty without showing the regular 100% settings, so I believe the increased difficulty is just being caused by the mod itself, and not any other plugins. I looked through all the cfgs and couldn't find any settings that corresponded to these, even adjusting the Tank Health values in l4d_superversus.cfg doesn't affect it, so I think the forced difficulty is being caused by a cvar or something.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	01.png
Views:	218
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	191219  
thewintersoldier97
Old 09-07-2021 , 23:34   Re: [L4D2] All 8 Survivors For Windows [20/9/2018]
Reply With Quote #235

Quote:
Ok, so I did some testing and some re-reading of the ABM thread, it seems that ABM is supposed to save player's health, guns, and ammo, based on this post by the original author of the plugin. He does state that he was not able to figure out a way to restore for extra bots over 4 since they seem to be created from scratch, however all human players should have their stuff saved. There seemed to be some instances where this wasn't the case for some people. I will update the guide to point this out and probably move it to the optional plugins list, let me know if you guys ever have a situation where your health, weapons, and ammo don't save on map change without the save weapons plugin.
Yessss, ABM is working great, and it have no problems in saving survivor's loadout so far. If I encounter any bug I'll inform you right away.

Quote:
Alright, I added a section for dedicated server setup, I tried to make it simple, I might modify it later on.
Holy sh*t, sbrblz, I love you man. No homo tho lol.
Is there any command to reload the server after I add a custom map to it (by copying the vpk file to addons folder) without restarting the launch process btw?
sbrblz
Old 09-08-2021 , 03:39   Re: [L4D2] All 8 Survivors For Windows [20/9/2018]
Reply With Quote #236

Quote:
Yessss, ABM is working great, and it have no problems in saving survivor's loadout so far. If I encounter any bug I'll inform you right away.

Holy sh*t, sbrblz, I love you man. No homo tho lol.
Is there any command to reload the server after I add a custom map to it (by copying the vpk file to addons folder) without restarting the launch process btw?
Awesome, good to hear. I take it you were able to use the dedicated server successfully? Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way to reload the server besides manually restarting it. You can unload and load sourcemod and metamod plugins all you want but you can't do it with .vpks or metamod itself since those are considered addons and are loaded on server startup. Best thing to do is to copy all custom map .vpks that you'll need first before playing. If your friends are joining the game by selecting your name in the lower left hand corner of the main menu and they don't have the workshop map installed, the game will say something to the effect of "get addon" instead of "join" and it will take them straight to the workshop mod page for that map. Easiest way to get all the custom maps is to add them to your game and then copy all the .vpks from the addons/workshop folder to your server's addons folder.
Old 09-09-2021 , 13:57   Re: [L4D2] All 8 Survivors For Windows [20/9/2018]
Reply With Quote #237

Quote:
Awesome, good to hear. I take it you were able to use the dedicated server successfully?
It run smooth as butter, and I haven't experienced a single server crash so far.
Quote:
Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way to reload the server besides manually restarting it. You can unload and load sourcemod and metamod plugins all you want but you can't do it with .vpks or metamod itself since those are considered addons and are loaded on server startup. Best thing to do is to copy all custom map .vpks that you'll need first before playing. If your friends are joining the game by selecting your name in the lower left hand corner of the main menu and they don't have the workshop map installed, the game will say something to the effect of "get addon" instead of "join" and it will take them straight to the workshop mod page for that map. Easiest way to get all the custom maps is to add them to your game and then copy all the .vpks from the addons/workshop folder to your server's addons folder.
Well that's pretty sad, but after all getting it up and running make me more than satisfied. Again, thanks for your big help sbrblz, bless you and keep up the awesome work!

Last edited by thewintersoldier97; 09-09-2021 at 13:58.
thewintersoldier97
Old 09-12-2021 , 10:34   Re: [L4D2] All 8 Survivors For Windows [20/9/2018]
Reply With Quote #238

Quote:
Awesome, good to hear. I take it you were able to use the dedicated server successfully?
Hi sbrblz, sorry for bothering you again. But there's something that's driving me nut. My server is currently experiencing some weird stutter and high ping spikes for players connected, even myself while my internet has no problems in downloading, playing on another server or surfing the web. My rig is above average too (I think), CPU usage never go above 50% while hosting and playing at the same time. My server's errors log show nothing in particular. Searched everywhere for a solution but still...

Here's my plugins list I'm using:
Code:
[SM] Listing 69 plugins:
  01 "ABM" (0.1.96 Shadowysn) by Victor "NgBUCKWANGS" Gonzalez
  02 "Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS)" (v2.3.0) by Rikka0w0, Chris Pringle
  03 "Admin File Reader" (1.10.0.6510) by AlliedModders LLC
  04 "Admin Help" (1.10.0.6510) by AlliedModders LLC
  05 "Admin Menu" (1.10.0.6510) by AlliedModders LLC
  06 "Car Alarm Inform" (2.0) by Eyal282 ( FuckTheSchool )
  07 "[L4D2] Anti-Rush System (Reloaded)" (1.82) by cravenge
  08 "Anti-Flood" (1.10.0.6510) by AlliedModders LLC
  09 "Basic Ban Commands" (1.10.0.6510) by AlliedModders LLC
  10 "Basic Chat" (1.10.0.6510) by AlliedModders LLC
  11 "Basic Comm Control" (1.10.0.6510) by AlliedModders LLC
  12 "Basic Commands" (1.10.0.6510) by AlliedModders LLC
  13 "Basic Info Triggers" (1.10.0.6510) by AlliedModders LLC
  14 "Basic Votes" (1.10.0.6510) by AlliedModders LLC
  15 "Blind Luck" (1.1.1) by James Richardson (grandwazir)
  16 "[L4D2]Charger_Collision_Patch" (1.1) by Lux
  17 "[l4d2]remove drop weapon" (1.8) by AK978
  18 "Client Preferences" (1.10.0.6510) by AlliedModders LLC
  19 "[L4D2]Defib_Fix" (2.0.1) by Lux
  20 "FF Announcer" (1.5) by Frustian, cravenge
  21 "Fun Commands" (1.10.0.6510) by AlliedModders LLC
  22 "Fun Votes" (1.10.0.6510) by AlliedModders LLC
  23 "Survivor Heal Info" (1.0) by CAPS LOCK FUCK YEAH
  24 "[ANY] Hostname - Display Map Name" (1.0.1) by Mart
  25 "l4d2_changelevel" (1.2.0) by Lux
  26 "[L4D2]Character_manager" (1.4.1) by Lux, $atanic $pirit
  27 "[L4D2] Weapon Drop" (1.6) by Machine, dcx2, Electr000999 /z, Senip, Shao
  28 "[L4D2] Explosive Cars" (1.6) by honorcode23,Fixed: kochiurun119, HarryPotter
  29 "[L4D2] Gifts Drop & Spawn" (1.3.6.1) by Aceleraci*********n
  30 "[L4D2] Hulking Tank" (1.11) by Mortiegama
  31 "[L4D2] Incapped Crawling with Animation" (2.8) by SilverShot, mod by Lux
  32 "L4D2 Item hint" (0.3) by BHaType, fdxx, HarryPotter
  33 "Melee In The Saferoom" (3.1.0) by $atanic $pirit, N3wton
  34 "L4D2 Mission Manager" (v1.0.0) by Rikka0w0
  35 "L4D2 MissionManager AdminMenu" (v1.0.0) by Rikka0w0
  36 "[L4D2] Smart Bot Tank" (1.0.1) by B[R]UTUS, BHaType
  37 "[L4D2] Tickrate Enabler" by BHaType & Satanic Spirit
  38 "[L4D2] Zoey Unlock" (1.2) by SilverShot
  39 "[L4D(2)] AFK and Join Team Commands Improved" (3.7) by MasterMe & HarryPotter
  40 "[L4D & L4D2] Respawn Rescue Closet" (1.7) by SilverShot, Figa
  41 "[L4D/2] Crowned Horde" (1.0.7) by Bigbuck
  42 "[L4D1 & L4D2] Explosion Announcer" (1.0.6) by Mart
  43 "[L4D & L4D2] Gear Transfer" (2.16) by SilverShot
  44 "[L4D & L4D2] Graves" (1.1.1) by samuelviveiros a.k.a Dartz8901
  45 "Multi-Clip Grenade Launcher" (1.3) by Pan Xiaohai
  46 "[L4D] Ledge Release" (3.1) by Alex Dragokas
  47 "[L4D & L4D2] Mutant Zombies" (1.12) by SilverShot
  48 "[L4D1 & L4D2] Random Tank Rock" (1.1.0) by Mart
  49 "Reserve The Server" (1.1.0) by Jack'lul [Edited by Dosergen]
  50 "Super Versus Reloaded" (3.0) by DDRKhat, Marcus101RR, Merudo, Foxhound27, Senip, RainyDagger, Shao
  51 "[L4D1/2] Survivor Identity Fix for 5+ Survivors" (1.7) by Merudo, Shadowysn
  52 "[L4D1 & L4D2] Throwable Announcer" (1.0.8) by Mart
  53 "[L4D & L4D2] Left 4 DHooks Direct" (1.53) by SilverShot
  54 "Upgrade Pack Fixes" (1.4) by bullet28, V10, Silvers, Harry
  55 "Heal Refuse" (2) by bullet28
  56 "LMC_Black_and_White_Notifier" (2.0.2) by Lux
  57 Disabled: "Nextmap" (1.10.0.6510) by AlliedModders LLC
  58 "Player Commands" (1.10.0.6510) by AlliedModders LLC
  59 "Reserved Slots" (1.10.0.6510) by AlliedModders LLC
  60 "[L4D2] Scene Adjustments" (1.1.5) by Shadowysn
  61 "[ANY] Cvar Configs Updater" (1.6) by SilverShot
  62 "Sound Commands" (1.10.0.6510) by AlliedModders LLC
  63 "Survivor Chat Select" (1.6.1.1) by DeatChaos25, Mi123456 & Merudo
  64 "[L4D1/2]Witch_allow_in_safezone" (1.1) by Lux & Harry Potter
  65 "[L4D2]Witch_Double_Start_Fix" (1.0) by Lux
  66 "[L4D1/2]witch_prevent_target_loss" (1.1.1) by Lux
  67 "[L4D1/2]Witch_Target_Patch" (1.4) by Lux
  68 "PlayerJoin" (1.0) by WinCher
  69 "[L4D2]Survivor_Legs_Restore" (1.5.2) by Lux
I'm hosting on the same computer.
My PC specs:
Code:
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 19043)
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor               (12 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
Memory: 32768MB RAM
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8GB
Here's a clip

Can you help me pin point the cause here? Anyone, someone please...
Attached Files
File Type: log errors_20210912.log (24.0 KB, 156 views)
File Type: log L20210912.log (232.9 KB, 182 views)

Last edited by thewintersoldier97; 09-12-2021 at 15:46. Reason: Grammar.
sbrblz
Old 09-13-2021 , 21:26   Re: [L4D2] All 8 Survivors For Windows [20/9/2018]
Reply With Quote #239

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneednfeed23 View Post
Thank you! So I tried testing the servers by loading maps through the console and on different gamemodes like Realism (through console and by selecting Single player in the main menu) and indeed it still does the same thing, it had the increased Tank Health, CI and SI spawn rate. However, after I put sv_cheats "0" into listenserver.cfg, the console shows that it starts off with every setting at regular rates before immediately going back to the increased difficulty (I attached a picture showing this). Before, it would just start off at the increased difficulty without showing the regular 100% settings, so I believe the increased difficulty is just being caused by the mod itself, and not any other plugins. I looked through all the cfgs and couldn't find any settings that corresponded to these, even adjusting the Tank Health values in l4d_superversus.cfg doesn't affect it, so I think the forced difficulty is being caused by a cvar or something.
Hey, I was not able to replicate your issues using a listen server. sv_cheats never turned on for me. Are you wanting to play with the bots with no difficulty changes? If so, make sure "director_ci_auto" is set to 0. Which variables did you try changing?

Starting the game using singleplayer technically uses a listen server, but certain things like cheats are not able to be modified by you, such as sv_cheats. It will tell you to start a listen server using "map mapname". Either way, using plugin commands require you to access them from chat, such as by typing !admin or /admin or /abm. Do you have any errors in your logs?

If you can spare the extra hard drive space, I would recommend using a dedicated server instead.

Quote:
Hi sbrblz, sorry for bothering you again. But there's something that's driving me nut. My server is currently experiencing some weird stutter and high ping spikes for players connected, even myself while my internet has no problems in downloading, playing on another server or surfing the web. My rig is above average too (I think), CPU usage never go above 50% while hosting and playing at the same time. My server's errors log show nothing in particular. Searched everywhere for a solution but still...

I'm hosting on the same computer.

Here's a clip

Can you help me pin point the cause here? Anyone, someone please...
Unfortunately networking/lag issues are beyond my expertise, I'm just a regular user like you lol. I do know that the only map that I experience any type of lag is the helm's deep survival map, most likely due to the large number of zombies spawned on the map. However only the zombies lag for me, my survivor doesn't lag. I'm assuming you have it set up to show up in the steamgroup server list.

I see you have a ton of plugins installed. Several of them seem to be throwing errors. Tickrate enabler seems to be having gamedata signature issues, are you using the latest signatures for that plugin? Melee in spawn room also seems to keep throwing repeated errors. I would disable the plugins that are throwing errors and see if that helps the issue at all to try to narrow it down. When adding new plugins, I recommend testing each one for possible errors in the log one by one, until you're sure each one is stable. That's how I arrived at my setup.

If you don't experience any lag on the stock campaigns, then the problem is probably related to the custom map. Sometimes plugins can run into issues with custom maps.

As a side note, Harry has now added the ability to save bots' gear and health to his fork of the save weapons plugin, now available here.

EDIT: Plugin has been updated again and now works great with ABM and Multislots for savings extra players and bots' gear and health. This is the definitive version of the plugin to use.

Last edited by sbrblz; 09-16-2021 at 00:29. Reason: plugin updated
Spirit_12
Veteran Member
Old 09-13-2021 , 21:55   Re: [L4D2] All 8 Survivors For Windows [20/9/2018]
Reply With Quote #240

That sort of lag can happen if the map has forced zombie spawns. In short, map tries to spawn too many zombies and it goes over the entity limit of the server.

Another big thing that can contribute to that lag would be your bad installation of Tickrate_enabler. In short you might be trying to do a ton of stuff on each tick and the server is not able to keep up.