Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Anyone have EntMod 4 and HookMod 6?

Post New Thread Reply   

terrum
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-25-2021 , 18:58   Anyone have EntMod 4 and HookMod 6?
Reply With Quote #1

This is a wild shot in the dark, but I have no idea where else to ask considering Drunken F00l doesn't appear active on the SourceOP Discord. But does anyone have these files?

EntMod4_win.zip Found!
EntMod4_lin.zip Found!
HookMod6_win.zip
HookMod6_lin.zip

Archive.org is of no help either unfortunately. If anyone has these files and would be willing to share them with me for archival purposes, that would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks for reading

Last edited by terrum; 08-10-2021 at 07:10.
Send a message via AIM to terrum Send a message via MSN to terrum Send a message via Skype™ to terrum
Slash The Mighty
Old 02-14-2021 , 21:24   Re: Anyone have EntMod 4 and HookMod 6?
Reply With Quote #2

Only files I could find were the versions prior to the ones you're asking for:
https://apg-clan.org/vbdownloads.php?categoryid=49
It has entmod3 and hookmod5, along with adminop 2.0 which's surprisingly retro.

In my own copy of adminop 3.0, it lists that it was archived by a guy called ])uke.
Possibly he's still got the files, his email's DukeSteam @ hotmail.com

Otherwise try holla'ing at some Sven Co-Op servers, as I remember the mods being compatible.
GiGaBiTe
Old 08-10-2021 , 06:38   Re: Anyone have EntMod 4 and HookMod 6?
Reply With Quote #3

I was at least partially responsible for EntMod v4 coming into existence. I bugged DF one day several years ago saying that v3 caused some newer HL mods and Sven Coop 5 to crash. He made v4 specifically for those games. I believe Hook Mod v6 was also done for that reason as well, but I never used that plugin.

I didn't realize DF took down adminop.net for whatever reason, probably tired of paying for the domain or something. I don't have Hook Mod, but I do have EntMod v4, both the Windows and Linux binaries. One thing to note is that EntMod v4 should only be used on SC5 or newer HL mods because it will cause older HL mods to crash or behave strangely, just stay with EntMod v3. There are no functionality differences between the two, so there's no reason to run v4 unless you actually need it.

You can download it from my archive site:
http://number-7.com/index.php?dir=fi...e=EntMod_v4.7z

If you need an alternative to Hook Mod, you can use the GHW GHR plugin for AMXModX.
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=349856

I'll bug DF again and see if he can upload HM v6 somewhere for people to download.
terrum
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-10-2021 , 07:10   Re: Anyone have EntMod 4 and HookMod 6?
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGaBiTe View Post
I was at least partially responsible for EntMod v4 coming into existence. I bugged DF one day several years ago saying that v3 caused some newer HL mods and Sven Coop 5 to crash. He made v4 specifically for those games. I believe Hook Mod v6 was also done for that reason as well, but I never used that plugin.

I didn't realize DF took down adminop.net for whatever reason, probably tired of paying for the domain or something. I don't have Hook Mod, but I do have EntMod v4, both the Windows and Linux binaries. One thing to note is that EntMod v4 should only be used on SC5 or newer HL mods because it will cause older HL mods to crash or behave strangely, just stay with EntMod v3. There are no functionality differences between the two, so there's no reason to run v4 unless you actually need it.

You can download it from my archive site:
http://number-7.com/index.php?dir=fi...e=EntMod_v4.7z

If you need an alternative to Hook Mod, you can use the GHW GHR plugin for AMXModX.
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=349856

I'll bug DF again and see if he can upload HM v6 somewhere for people to download.
Thanks for that. I understand that the newer versions are merely made for Sven Co-op and shouldn't be used for older versions of the engine. I just want to collect all the files now for archiving purposes, especially as the adminop site is now down.

But I've updated the first post in this thread now as you have shared the Linux version of EntMod4 for me Thanks again! Still looking for the others where possible, and I have also contacted DF myself using multiple methods but no response unfortunately.

Send a message via AIM to terrum Send a message via MSN to terrum Send a message via Skype™ to terrum
GiGaBiTe
Old 08-11-2021 , 00:34   Re: Anyone have EntMod 4 and HookMod 6?
Reply With Quote #5

I have DF on my steam friends list, it looks like he hasn't been online in at least a week. I sent him a message, so I'll see if he responds to it when he comes back online.