Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Solved [L4D2] Tank hits multi players with one punch in Coop?

Post New Thread Reply   

Forgetest
Old 05-03-2021 , 15:30   Re: [L4D2] Tank hits multi players with one punch in Coop?
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzybb View Post
L 05/02/2021 - 17:02:43: [SM] Exception reported: Cannot create new entity when no map is running
L 05/02/2021 - 17:02:43: [SM] Blaming: l4d_sweep_fist_patch.smx
L 05/02/2021 - 17:02:43: [SM] Call stack trace:
L 05/02/2021 - 17:02:43: [SM] [0] CreateEntityByName
L 05/02/2021 - 17:02:43: [SM] [1] Line 172, J:\Documents\GitHub\MoYu_Server_Stupid_Plugin s\The Last Stand\l4d_sweep_fist_patch\l4d_sweep_fist_pat ch.sp::IsAllowedGamemode
L 05/02/2021 - 17:02:43: [SM] [2] Line 111, J:\Documents\GitHub\MoYu_Server_Stupid_Plugin s\The Last Stand\l4d_sweep_fist_patch\l4d_sweep_fist_pat ch.sp::OnConfigsExecuted
L 05/02/2021 - 17:02:43: [SM] [3] Line 119, J:\Documents\GitHub\MoYu_Server_Stupid_Plugin s\The Last Stand\l4d_sweep_fist_patch\l4d_sweep_fist_pat ch.sp::OnGameModeChanged

But any map that can generate tank with buttons will make mistakes. Who can fix this mistake?

@Forgetest @Crasher_3637 @HarryPotter
Pushed an implement to escape such errors. But I actually have no idea why this would happen since map was literally loaded.
Dragokas
Veteran Member
Old 05-03-2021 , 15:34   Re: [L4D2] Tank hits multi players with one punch in Coop?
Reply With Quote #22

btw, Forgetest, I made pull request for adding L4D1 linux support (without breaking anything else).
Dragokas
Veteran Member
Old 05-03-2021 , 15:37   Re: [L4D2] Tank hits multi players with one punch in Coop?
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgetest View Post
Pushed an implement to escape such errors. But I actually have no idea why this would happen since map was literally loaded.
I remember Silvers also implemented a walkaround against this not so long (at least, in the latest plugins).
cravenge
Veteran Member
Old 05-04-2021 , 06:14   Re: [L4D2] Tank hits multi players with one punch in Coop?
Reply With Quote #24

I can't help but see a scenario where the patch would fail occasionally. That scenario being with multiple Tanks in play at once where the punches may come consecutively. I know the chances of that happening is slim due to the function being called in different frames but it grows gradually the more Tanks spawn.

Last edited by cravenge; 05-04-2021 at 06:15.
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 05-04-2021 , 23:11   Re: [L4D2] Tank hits multi players with one punch in Coop?
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by cravenge View Post
I can't help but see a scenario where the patch would fail occasionally. That scenario being with multiple Tanks in play at once where the punches may come consecutively. I know the chances of that happening is slim due to the function being called in different frames but it grows gradually the more Tanks spawn.
The game logic is single-threaded. That means nothing can happen between the end of a function and its post hook. Once a patch is applied, only the post hook can remove it. You don’t have to worry about the patch being removed for one Tank swing while being applied for another because the detours won’t overlap no matter how many Tanks are swinging at the same time.
Old 05-10-2021 , 20:26   Re: [L4D2] Tank hits multi players with one punch in Coop?
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
https://github.com/Target5150/MoYu_S...eep_fist_patch

Plugin packaging done. But didn't test on entire L4D1 and Linux L4D2.
Is it possible to also support hitting multiple targets while one of the targets is incapacitated?

In Survival mode while the tank is pounding on an incapacitated survivor, any other survivors near the punching range would get punched as well, using this plugin it only works if all targets are standing on their feet, if one of the targets is in incapacitated state the tank's punch would only connect with one of the targets (either the standing or the incapacitated target).
HarryPotter
Veteran Member
Old 05-11-2021 , 02:54   Re: [L4D2] Tank hits multi players with one punch in Coop?
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by XYZC View Post
using this plugin it only works if all targets are standing on their feet, if one of the targets is in incapacitated state the tank's punch would only connect with one of the targets (either the standing or the incapacitated target).
Yea, I noticed that issue. Hope someone can help.
Old 08-16-2021 , 06:39   Re: [L4D2] Tank hits multi players with one punch in Coop?
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by XYZC View Post
Is it possible to also support hitting multiple targets while one of the targets is incapacitated?

In Survival mode while the tank is pounding on an incapacitated survivor, any other survivors near the punching range would get punched as well, using this plugin it only works if all targets are standing on their feet, if one of the targets is in incapacitated state the tank's punch would only connect with one of the targets (either the standing or the incapacitated target).
I think I successfully addressed this just now.
Unfortunately, it seems I cannot get the detour setup right, so it's a global patch for now.
There are only L4d2 Linux & Windows supports for now, available in the repo. Will add for more when I have time.

Eventually hope that someone could help me with the detour setup, and test it on Windows.

Function prototypes:
Code:
Windows:
  int __usercall sub_103D7C80@<eax>(int a1@<ecx>, int a2@<ebp>, int a3@<edi>, _DWORD *a4@<esi>)

Linux: 
  _DWORD __cdecl CTankClaw::GroundPound(CTankClaw *__hidden this)
  CBaseEntity *__cdecl CTankClaw::GroundPound(CTankClaw *this)
sorallll
Old 08-16-2021 , 08:46   Re: [L4D2] Tank hits multi players with one punch in Coop?
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
I think I successfully addressed this just now.
Unfortunately, it seems I cannot get the detour setup right, so it's a global patch for now.
There are only L4d2 Linux & Windows supports for now, available in the repo. Will add for more when I have time.

Eventually hope that someone could help me with the detour setup, and test it on Windows.

Function prototypes:
Code:
Windows:
  int __usercall sub_103D7C80@<eax>(int a1@<ecx>, int a2@<ebp>, int a3@<edi>, _DWORD *a4@<esi>)

Linux: 
  _DWORD __cdecl CTankClaw::GroundPound(CTankClaw *__hidden this)
  CBaseEntity *__cdecl CTankClaw::GroundPound(CTankClaw *this)
PHP Code:
"Games"
{

"left4dead2"

{

"Functions"

{

"CTankClaw::GroundPound"

{

"signature"        "CTankClaw::GroundPound"
                "callconv"        "thiscall"
                "return"        "void"
                "this"            "entity"

}
        }

"Signatures"

{

/* CTankClaw::GroundPound(CTankClaw *__hidden this) */

{

"library"    "server"
                "linux"        "@_ZN9CTankClaw11GroundPoundEv"
                "windows"    "\x53\x8B\xDC\x83\xEC\x08\x83\xE4\xF0\x83\xC4\x04\x55\x8B\x6B\x04\x89\x6C\x24\x04\x8B\xEC\x81\xEC\xA8\x01\x00\x00\xA1\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x33\xC5\x89\x45\xFC\x56\x57"

/* 53 8B DC 83 EC 08 83 E4 F0 83 C4 04 55 8B 6B 04 89 6C 24 04 8B EC 81 EC A8 01 00 00 A1 ? ? ? ? 33 C5 89 45 FC 56 57 */

}
        }
    }

The test on Windows is normal
Forgetest
Old 08-16-2021 , 17:39   Re: [L4D2] Tank hits multi players with one punch in Coop?
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorallll View Post
PHP Code:
"Games"
{

"left4dead2"

{

"Functions"

{

{

"signature"        "CTankClaw::GroundPound"
                "callconv"        "thiscall"
                "return"        "void"
                "this"            "entity"

}
        }

"Signatures"

{

/* CTankClaw::GroundPound(CTankClaw *__hidden this) */

{

"library"    "server"
                "linux"        "@_ZN9CTankClaw11GroundPoundEv"
                "windows"    "\x53\x8B\xDC\x83\xEC\x08\x83\xE4\xF0\x83\xC4\x04\x55\x8B\x6B\x04\x89\x6C\x24\x04\x8B\xEC\x81\xEC\xA8\x01\x00\x00\xA1\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x33\xC5\x89\x45\xFC\x56\x57"

/* 53 8B DC 83 EC 08 83 E4 F0 83 C4 04 55 8B 6B 04 89 6C 24 04 8B EC 81 EC A8 01 00 00 A1 ? ? ? ? 33 C5 89 45 FC 56 57 */

}
        }
    }

The test on Windows is normal
Thanks, I was initially sticking to the return type being "cbaseentity" as IDA told me so. Well, can never just accept it blindly.

And I wouldn't be able to implement the fix as well as support for both Windows and Linux without plenties of help from @Psyk0tik. Thank you so much!

Plugin is now updated with the feature mentioned above covering both platforms.

However, unfortunately it might not be possible to test it myself either on L4D1, or on Windows especially. Hopefully someone can help me with this, much appreciated.

Last edited by Forgetest; 08-16-2021 at 17:43.