Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.8.5 (07-Oct-2023)]

Post New Thread Reply   

Mystik Spiral
Old 03-25-2021 , 20:16   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.4 (25-Mar-2021)]
Reply With Quote #81

@Shao, please be sure to check out version 2.4 and let me know if the new options are what you were looking for.
Old 03-26-2021 , 04:09   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.4 (25-Mar-2021)]
Reply With Quote #82

@Mystik Spiral You hit it right on the head, this is perfect. Your plugin really fits into having all the options players (And myself.) desired to keep things challenging but also fair while keeping expert trolls at bay. Thank you very much!!

Last edited by Shao; 03-26-2021 at 04:10.
Shao
Old 03-27-2021 , 00:19   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.4 (25-Mar-2021)]
Reply With Quote #83

An issue was found with godframes in game, I'll post the video here to be seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XizfJCkTSNs

In short, the first clip and last have the plugin while the second doesn't use it. It seems that the plugin ignore certain situations. Getting fully pinned it doesn't happen but if saved quickly enough, godframes are ignored and friendly fire kicks in.
Mystik Spiral
Old 03-27-2021 , 01:39   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.4 (25-Mar-2021)]
Reply With Quote #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shao View Post
An issue was found with godframes in game, I'll post the video here to be seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XizfJCkTSNs

In short, the first clip and last have the plugin while the second doesn't use it. It seems that the plugin ignore certain situations. Getting fully pinned it doesn't happen but if saved quickly enough, godframes are ignored and friendly fire kicks in.
Smoker tongue pulls and Charger carries normally cause friendly-fire damage if you shoot the player being pulled/carried. I'm referring to the time when a Smoker is pulling a player but before they start choking them, and when a Charger is carrying a player but before they start pummeling them. Without a plugin, once the Smoker starts choking a player, or once the Charger starts pummeling a player, friendly-fire no longer happens, but it does happen before that while being pulled/carried.

In your first video clip it appears the Smoker was killed before it started choking the player, and although it is very close, it also appears in your third video clip the Charger was killed before it started pummeling the player. This means the grace period I put in for friendly-fire when choked/pummeled was not triggered and friendly-fire was reversed.

To be clear, the relevant hooks I used are "choke_stopped" and "charger_pummel_end". I did not put in a grace period for pulls and carries since those normally cause friendly-fire, so I just reverse it like any other friendly-fire.

In your second video clip it appears the engine is temporarily blocking damage to the victim immediately following the Smoker being killed without shooting the victim...even though I'm pretty sure it still triggered SDKHook_OnTakeDamage with a damage value.

It sounds like you would like an option for a brief grace period when pull/carry is interrupted before choke/pummel begins. Maybe also an option to disable ReverseFF when the victim is shot while being pulled/carried. Is this correct?

Last edited by Mystik Spiral; 03-27-2021 at 01:40.
Shao
Old 03-27-2021 , 06:28   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.4 (25-Mar-2021)]
Reply With Quote #85

You'd be totally right! I forgot that I had such QoL plugins that helped with the silly friendly fire like that. That one is https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...89510?t=189510 I think? Well I assume it is, regardless yeah, it would be greatly appreciated to include said feature to be compatible or use from it. Sorry for asking so much! Although this is coming up to be one of the greatest friendly fire plugin that I know of.

I've had my server for so long that I forgot about a lot of Vanilla L4D2 flaws.
Mystik Spiral
Old 03-27-2021 , 18:14   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.4 (25-Mar-2021)]
Reply With Quote #86

@Shao, sent you a PM.
Old 03-28-2021 , 10:25   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.5 (28-Mar-2021)]
Reply With Quote #87

New version 2.5 released, see original post for download.

28-Mar-2021 v2.5
- Add new ConVar option to ReverseFF during Smoker pull or Charger carry.
- Fixed ReverseFF when victim freed from Smoker tongue after pull started but before being choked.
- Shorten grace period (God Frames) from 2.5 seconds to 2.0 seconds.
- Add support for late load.

Details:

Without this plugin, during the time when the Smoker starts pulling a player but before they start choking, and during the time when the Charger starts carrying a player but before they start pummeling, if you shoot the player it will cause friendly-fire. The new ConVar, reverseff_pullcarry determines whether to leave standard behavior of allowing friendly-fire (set to 1) or to prevent friendly-fire (set to 0) in this situation. The default is 0.

Without this plugin, if a player has a Smoker start pulling them, but they are freed before the Smoker starts choking them, you would get two seconds of invulnerability (God Frames). This plugin had missed that but the issue is fixed now.

Without this plugin, God Frames last for 2.0 seconds, so changed this plugin from 2.5 to 2.0 seconds to match.

As usual, you can add the new ConVar manually, but I suggest you just delete the l4d_reverse_ff.cfg file and let the plugin create a new one for you.

Thank you to Shao for reporting the issue/suggestion and testing.

Last edited by Mystik Spiral; 03-28-2021 at 10:31. Reason: add credit
pan0s
Old 04-20-2021 , 03:22   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.5 (28-Mar-2021)]
Reply With Quote #88

Fixed: Server crashes if reversing chainsaw damage makes the attacker incapacitated or dead.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d2_reverse_ff.sp - 58 views - 27.7 KB)

Last edited by pan0s; 04-20-2021 at 09:06.
Marttt
Veteran Member
Old 04-20-2021 , 10:46   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.5 (28-Mar-2021)]
Reply With Quote #89

This chainsaw crash has been reported on Github some years ago. (link here)

Sharing the info just in case it is helpful to someone.

Last edited by Marttt; 04-20-2021 at 10:46.
ConorAB
Old 04-24-2021 , 08:33   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.5 (28-Mar-2021)]
Reply With Quote #90

I'm having some trouble with disabling friendly fire bans for infected. I initially tried setting reverseff_infectedmaxdmg and reverseff_tankmaxdmg to 0 but that seemed to just ban people immediately. I've tried setting it to 99999 in the hopes that nobody ever hits the limit which seems to trigger less but does come up. Am I doing something wrong here? If there's a way to outright disable friendly fire for infected (damage reversal and bans) that would be best since I've seen it cause issues for the tank where they get killed by accidentally killing their team.

I've posted my config below. Thanks!

Code:
// Friendly fire settings.
// Apply reverse friendly fire damage when hitting bots.
reverseff_bot 1
// Apply reverse friendly fire damage to admins.
reverseff_admin 1
// Set the reverse friendly fire damage multiplier to 1 for incindiary and explosive damage.
reverseff_multiplier 1
// Dont ban players for inflicting friendly fire damage as infected.
reverseff_infectedmaxdmg 99999
// Dont ban players for infliecting friendly fire damage as a tank.
reverseff_tankmaxdmg 99999