Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Cost reduction stragegies on Amazon EC2 CSGO Servers

Post New Thread Reply   

dopezera
Old 04-17-2021 , 18:58   Cost reduction stragegies on Amazon EC2 CSGO Servers
Reply With Quote #1

Hey guys! I made this post in order to discuss cost reduction strategies on Amazon EC2 service when hosting CS GO Servers.

I've been running CSGO Servers on Amazon in the last 3 months. The instance related costs are really low but Amazon will also charge for EBS (storage related) and "data transfer out" that costs up to 5x more than the instance costs.

Here are my costs for the current month as an example.
1- "data transfer out" (what is this??) -> $9.18
2- On Demand Linux t2.medium Instance Hour 167.419 Hrs -> $12.46
3- General Purpose SSD (gp2) provisioned storage - South America (Sao Paulo)164.597 GB-Mo -> $31.27

Total cost: $52,91

These costs are growing every month and most are related to storage. I use a 50GB GP2 SSD because with 40GB I have recurring problems of lack of space when the game needs to update.

Viewing my costs, can you suggest changes to reduce costs with storage and "data transfer out" that are what really bother me?
dopezera
Old 04-17-2021 , 22:31   Re: Cost reduction stragegies on Amazon EC2 CSGO Servers
Reply With Quote #2

Hey guys. As written here: https://aws.amazon.com/en/premiumsup...ng-terminated/ after ending an instance it is still necessary to delete your storage volume individually. I found 7 volumes of instances that I terminated in the previous months and that is probably why I am being charged so much for storage.

While browsing the forum I saw that some people asked if it makes sense to host cs go servers on amazon. If you want to exploit the free tier your server will crash frequently on 5v5 competitive games.

But if you pay for t2.small it will work very well and you will pay little. Just be careful with storage management.
DeteCT0R
Old 04-18-2021 , 07:53   Re: Cost reduction stragegies on Amazon EC2 CSGO Servers
Reply With Quote #3

Cloud providers will burn your money ( amazon / google cloud etc) with 52 $ you can get dedicated server from ovh(or any ovh reseller) which is probably good for 5v5 competitive.
Old 04-18-2021 , 12:58   Re: Cost reduction stragegies on Amazon EC2 CSGO Servers
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopezera View Post
Hey guys! I made this post in order to discuss cost reduction strategies on Amazon EC2 service when hosting CS GO Servers.

I've been running CSGO Servers on Amazon in the last 3 months. The instance related costs are really low but Amazon will also charge for EBS (storage related) and "data transfer out" that costs up to 5x more than the instance costs.

Here are my costs for the current month as an example.
1- "data transfer out" (what is this??) -> $9.18
2- On Demand Linux t2.medium Instance Hour 167.419 Hrs -> $12.46
3- General Purpose SSD (gp2) provisioned storage - South America (Sao Paulo)164.597 GB-Mo -> $31.27

Total cost: $52,91

These costs are growing every month and most are related to storage. I use a 50GB GP2 SSD because with 40GB I have recurring problems of lack of space when the game needs to update.

Viewing my costs, can you suggest changes to reduce costs with storage and "data transfer out" that are what really bother me?
-It depend where do want your server if you want middle east yes amazon is ur choice.
-But if other than middle east i suggest you 100% ovh with no hidden fees like amazon do.
-keep on mind if someone ddos your server in amazon you will pay for it i know one of my friends pay 3000$ month because of ddos (no joke)
https://www.ovhcloud.com/en/vps/

My discord : oqyh

Last edited by oqyh; 04-19-2021 at 11:05.