Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D & L4D2] First Map - Skip Intro Cutscenes (1.13) [10-Apr-2022]

Post New Thread Reply   

Merc1less
Old 02-07-2021 , 06:25   Re: [L4D & L4D2] First Map - Skip Intro Cutscenes (1.7) [10-Oct-2020]
Reply With Quote #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zheldorg View Post
There was a problem with skipping cutscenes in the final maps, the whole team is usually a small room during the scene
sourcemod-1.11.0-git6645, Tickrate 90
Yes, have the same issue when the plugin is installed. The extro / cinema is not shown and you are on different places on a map. (The Parish just shows you a dark area)

And yes, the plugin is running on every map (without dhooks, haven't tested). I logged the "TimerStart"-event and it logs this issues in a row when the extro of The Parish is starting and i started the final map directly.

L 02/07/2021 - 10:22:42: [l4d_skip_intro.smx] Timer started
L 02/07/2021 - 10:22:46: [l4d_skip_intro.smx] Timer started
L 02/07/2021 - 10:22:47: [l4d_skip_intro.smx] Timer started
L 02/07/2021 - 10:22:47: [l4d_skip_intro.smx] Timer started
L 02/07/2021 - 10:22:48: [l4d_skip_intro.smx] Timer started
L 02/07/2021 - 10:22:49: [l4d_skip_intro.smx] Timer started
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NoMercy.jpg (83.6 KB, 151 views)
Old 02-15-2021 , 21:19   Re: [L4D & L4D2] First Map - Skip Intro Cutscenes (1.8) [15-Feb-2021]
Reply With Quote #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zheldorg View Post
There was a problem with skipping cutscenes in the final maps, the whole team is usually a small room during the scene
sourcemod-1.11.0-git6645, Tickrate 90
I'm guessing this is without using Left4Dhooks so it attempts to skip any cutscene on all maps.. updated to block the finale map. Thanks.

Code:
1.8 (15-Feb-2021)
    - Blocked working on finale maps when not using left4dhooks. Thanks to "Zheldorg" for reporting.
Old 06-19-2021 , 15:31   Re: [L4D & L4D2] First Map - Skip Intro Cutscenes (1.8) [15-Feb-2021]
Reply With Quote #33

This plugin crashes to the server! The author was missing something when deleting the intro scenes! If you want to use it, you need to install the plugin 'FollowTarget_Detour' from @Dragokas. I don't think this is a good solution (break it with one plugin and fix with the other). I don't mean to offend the author, but it really needs some work.

PHP Code:
0    server_srv.so!CMoveableCamera::FollowTarget() + 0x3b
1    server_srv
.so!CBaseEntity::PhysicsDispatchThink(void (CBaseEntity::*)()) + 0xae
2    server_srv
.so!CBaseEntity::PhysicsRunSpecificThink(intvoid (CBaseEntity::*)()) + 0xb9
3    server_srv
.so!CBaseEntity::PhysicsRunThink(CBaseEntity::thinkmethods_t) + 0x42 
I don’t know why no one has written about this problem so far=/.

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=327740

I installed the plugin 'FollowTarget_Detour' and added logging there, maybe this will help figure it out. Add to attachment (plugins source code, and file logs)! Ignore the c8m5_rooftop map, this causes a false call for some reason, my server has never crashed on the map c8m5_rooftop,maybe i'm wrong. Basically this plugin 'FollowTarget_Detour' works on initial maps and c8m5_rooftop. Before it worked in the stripper and it didn't break anything, because the videos were removed very early, and nothing was added to this class 'CMoveableCamera'.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (FollowTarget_Detour.sp - 90 views - 7.1 KB)
File Type: log folow_target.log (115.3 KB, 92 views)

Last edited by A1mDev; 06-19-2021 at 15:36. Reason: add
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 06-19-2021 , 16:58   Re: [L4D & L4D2] First Map - Skip Intro Cutscenes (1.8) [15-Feb-2021]
Reply With Quote #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1mDev View Post
This plugin crashes to the server! The author was missing something when deleting the intro scenes! If you want to use it, you need to install the plugin 'FollowTarget_Detour' from @Dragokas. I don't think this is a good solution (break it with one plugin and fix with the other). I don't mean to offend the author, but it really needs some work.

PHP Code:
1    server_srv
2    server_srv
3    server_srv

I installed the plugin 'FollowTarget_Detour' and added logging there, maybe this will help figure it out. Add to attachment (plugins source code, and file logs)! Ignore the c8m5_rooftop map, this causes a false call for some reason, my server has never crashed on the map c8m5_rooftop,maybe i'm wrong. Basically this plugin 'FollowTarget_Detour' works on initial maps and c8m5_rooftop. Before it worked in the stripper and it didn't break anything, because the videos were removed very early, and nothing was added to this class 'CMoveableCamera'.

This Cutscenes plugin does not delete the entity. 209 servers using it and you're the only one reporting a crash? I don't know... At least there's a fix for it anyway.

I don't see what else you want me to do. I don't have time to go through it and my Windows server does not crash from this plugin. I also don't have Linux to test anymore.

Last edited by Silvers; 06-19-2021 at 20:19.
Dragokas
Veteran Member
Old 06-19-2021 , 17:32   Re: [L4D & L4D2] First Map - Skip Intro Cutscenes (1.8) [15-Feb-2021]
Reply With Quote #35

My friend told me those Camera crashes started to happen for him without "Skip CutScenes" plugin been installed.
dr_lex
Old 06-19-2021 , 19:56   Re: [L4D & L4D2] First Map - Skip Intro Cutscenes (1.8) [15-Feb-2021]
Reply With Quote #36

Quote:

PHP Code:
1    server_srv
2    server_srv
3    server_srv

This plugin has no conflicts with " FollowTarget_Detour"
I have both plugins installed.
Old 06-20-2021 , 04:16   Re: [L4D & L4D2] First Map - Skip Intro Cutscenes (1.8) [15-Feb-2021]
Reply With Quote #37

This does not conflict,i reported not this. I'm talking about the fact that it's a bad idea to use 2 plugins, one to break the other to fix . I never use this plugin and 'FollowTarget_Detour' plugin on vanilla config and still don't use it. I have never had such a crash on a vanilla config. But this is used by a @Sir in his assembly L4D2-Competitive-Rework i use this and I in my config zonemod, there it happens every day if you don't use the plugin 'FollowTarget_Detour'. I don't even know what might be going on in the game's code, but it looks like a garbage object was left in there when the player exited. Therefore, it cannot be said that the correct cleaning of the class 'CMoveableCamera' from such objects is happening. I tried using this plugin 'disable_cameras.smx' written by the @shqke, but it helped too, and he wrote sourcetvsupport, he knows a lot about working with cameras and problems with them. This plugin does not fix the crash, although it should clear cameras from players who have already exited. So it's probably worth tackling this question, I'm not saying that the author should do this, let anyone want to do this.
A1mDev
Old 06-20-2021 , 04:36   Re: [L4D & L4D2] First Map - Skip Intro Cutscenes (1.8) [15-Feb-2021]
Reply With Quote #38

Maybe you are doing everything right, but for some reason this exacerbates the problem with these cameras, because the game developers missed something. That is why this problem has escalated so much. @shqke said that you can reproduce this problem if you kick the bot while the cameras are running. No one tried to get into these cameras during work and everything worked well. If this is really a l4d2 developers problem, then let the players know that if they want to use it, they will have to install another plugin 100% (FollowTarget_Detour).
Sempiro
Old 07-06-2021 , 13:08   Re: [L4D & L4D2] First Map - Skip Intro Cutscenes (1.10) [21-Jun-2021]
Reply With Quote #39

Yeah, the plugin cause crashes on my server as well.
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 07-06-2021 , 14:14   Re: [L4D & L4D2] First Map - Skip Intro Cutscenes (1.10) [21-Jun-2021]
Reply With Quote #40

Quote:
Maybe you are doing everything right, but for some reason this exacerbates the problem with these cameras, because the game developers missed something. That is why this problem has escalated so much. @shqke said that you can reproduce this problem if you kick the bot while the cameras are running. No one tried to get into these cameras during work and everything worked well. If this is really a l4d2 developers problem, then let the players know that if they want to use it, they will have to install another plugin 100% (FollowTarget_Detour).
I tried kicking bots during intro.. no crash. Windows and Linux.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sempiro View Post
Yeah, the plugin cause crashes on my server as well.

Last edited by Silvers; 07-06-2021 at 14:15.