Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] Improved and Perfected SurvivorAI Autotrigger

Post New Thread Reply   

Xanaguy
Old 10-07-2020 , 01:35   Re: [L4D2] Improved and Perfected SurvivorAI Autotrigger
Reply With Quote #41

Major update here. Made a lot of maps compatible. But this will need extensive and thorough testing as I had to defrag everything from a decompiled version of my latest work before I was drawn in The Last Stand Update. Please report any issues you encounter here, and thanks again!

(No, I do not have a list of all compatible campaigns off the top of my head, so the list in the original post will remain outdated. If anyone can help with that, please and thank you.)

Edit: Yes, this version is and should be good for the event on c14m1_junkyard. The c14m2_lighthouse finale will not be considered as ScavengeBotsDS will allow bots to scavenge cans on that map.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW if you encounter ANY issues!

Last edited by Xanaguy; 10-07-2020 at 02:58. Reason: Forgot a detail
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 10-07-2020 , 03:18   Re: [L4D2] Improved and Perfected SurvivorAI Autotrigger
Reply With Quote #42

Thanks for the update!

Some maps are still not fully supported.

1. Swamp Fever finale needs to warp bots close to the radio to cover for scenarios where only one bot has made it to the balcony while there are one or more bots that haven't gone down the hole yet. The 30-second delay to start the finale won't always be enough time for every survivor bot to get to the finale area.

2a. No Mercy map 3 may need to warp bots into the building after the lift event. After the Last Stand update, they now walk down along the pipe and try to go in through the window instead of down the hole. This wouldn't be a problem if they didn't keep getting pushed or pulled off the pipe over and over. The longest it has taken them to get into the window that I've seen so far was 20 minutes because of all the zombies that spawn.

2b. No Mercy map 4 may need to disable sb_unstick once the elevator gets down and then re-enable it once the elevator goes back up. Bots like to hug the elevator door and warp into the elevator shaft before the elevator even comes down.

3. Dead Air finale won't start.
PHP Code:
UnflagAndExecuteCommand(TriggeringBot"ent_fire""radio""Use"); 
This only works for 7 Hours Later finale. Dead Air finale needs to directly trigger the trigger_finale entity.
PHP Code:
UnflagAndExecuteCommand(TriggeringBot"ent_fire""trigger_finale"""); 
4a. Cold Stream map 2 doesn't fully work. I'm not sure if it's just on my end, but the fences that are supposed to go flying when the barrels explode just stay in place, so bots cannot go down. Maybe they need to be warped to the entrance of the current?

4b. Cold Stream finale may need to use the radio for the bots since they can ignore it completely in some scenarios.
PHP Code:
AcceptEntityInput(button"Use"); 
5. The Last Stand finale may need to trigger the generator for the bots since they often get stuck in that little corner between the generator and the shelves. Once they get stuck there, they sometimes ignore the generator. You can use the same method as the one for Dead Air finale above.
PHP Code:
UnflagAndExecuteCommand(TriggeringBot"ent_fire""trigger_finale"""); 
Old 10-08-2020 , 01:21   Re: [L4D2] Improved and Perfected SurvivorAI Autotrigger
Reply With Quote #43

Updated: Crasher, here are some edits/tweaks.

In c3m4_plantation, the bots will simply warp to the same crds used to trigger the timer to start the finale.

In c8m3_sewers, the bots will teleport below the hole drop in 60 seconds in coop, but 45 seconds in versus.

I've fixed the finale never triggering in c11m5. It will also account the radio_fake_button getting deleted while the finale hasn't started yet. I've also tweaked 7 Hours Later II to work the same way.

In c13m2, I've deleted the barriers and the clip after the explosion goes off, no teleporting, but the bots will be able to proceed as normal.

I've also blocked the CheckAroundTriggers timer entirely if the new "GameOver" bool is set to true. This will prevent anything from re-activating if the team has wiped.

Please report any issues. Thanks!

Last edited by Xanaguy; 10-08-2020 at 01:23.
Xanaguy
Old 10-10-2020 , 00:13   Re: [L4D2] Improved and Perfected SurvivorAI Autotrigger
Reply With Quote #44

Slight update, got a proper check in for accounting for a team to be just alive survivor bots. For some reason it wasn't working for me before.
winged_box
Old 11-14-2020 , 21:52   Re: [L4D2] Improved and Perfected SurvivorAI Autotrigger
Reply With Quote #45

Hello,

On the Dead Center map c1m1_hotel, at the floor where they approach the elevator, the bots will always try to walk across the fire on the corridor instead of bypassing it through the room at the side.

Anybody else having this issue?

Last edited by winged_box; 11-14-2020 at 21:56. Reason: image resize
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 11-14-2020 , 22:28   Re: [L4D2] Improved and Perfected SurvivorAI Autotrigger
Reply With Quote #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by winged_box View Post
Hello,

On the Dead Center map c1m1_hotel, at the floor where they approach the elevator, the bots will always try to walk across the fire on the corridor instead of bypassing it through the room at the side.

Anybody else having this issue?

Yeah, that's just their normal pathing on that map. On my version of AutoTrigger, I wait for them to get close to each fire and then teleport them to the other side. It's a hackish method but it ensures that they can actually get across and finish the map on their own. Unfortunately, I don't check if the fires are actually there. I just teleport them once they get close to the coordinates of where the fires would be.
Old 11-15-2020 , 10:04   Re: [L4D2] Improved and Perfected SurvivorAI Autotrigger
Reply With Quote #47

This is more noticeable now cause the TLS team made this path on fire by default after the update.
Old 11-15-2020 , 10:24   Re: [L4D2] Improved and Perfected SurvivorAI Autotrigger
Reply With Quote #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marttt View Post
This is more noticeable now cause the TLS team made this path on fire by default after the update.
Do you mean that the path is more likely to have those fires than before or that it always has fires? I've had some instances where neither of the fires shows up, so I'm curious.
Old 01-08-2021 , 20:58   Re: [L4D2] Improved and Perfected SurvivorAI Autotrigger
Reply With Quote #49

Xanaguy, me and a friend were playing The Parish, me and 2 bots died shortly after the Tractor Panic event on that map, then my friend died just before the saferoom. the moment my friend died, we got a message in chat that said "the tractor is moving..." then when it was our turn to attack the survivor bot team, they did not even make it up the first stair case before the trigger auto teleported the bots PAST the Tractor panic event. literally skipping the event entierly. we were able to kill them, but that was a bad bug, and it happened 2 times.. there was also another case of a trigger message appearing in chat on another map during the score screen before we were able to play as infected... no idea why but it seems as though the trigger is sometimes triggering before team swapping happens.

also, when i have a bot pinned with a smokey tongue, hunter pounce, or charger pounce and the trigger to teleport the bots happens. they teleport out of my pinned hold... is this intended? iu don't know if you still look at this plugin or not...
psisan
Old 02-06-2021 , 02:54   Re: [L4D2] Improved and Perfected SurvivorAI Autotrigger
Reply With Quote #50

Report some compile issue
SourceMod (1.10.0.6492)
Code:
//SourceMod Batch Compiler
// by the SourceMod Dev Team

//// AutoTrigger.sp
// 
// AutoTrigger.sp(46) : warning 234: symbol "FCVAR_PLUGIN" is marked as deprecated: No logic using this flag ever existed in a released game. It only ever appeared in the first hl2sdk.
// 
// 
// AutoTrigger.sp(5135) : warning 234: symbol "FindDataMapOffs" is marked as deprecated: Use FindDataMapInfo instead, or HasEntProp if you just want to check for existence.
// 
// 
// AutoTrigger.sp(203) : warning 204: symbol is assigned a value that is never used: "ConfirmPourFinale2"
// AutoTrigger.sp(188) : warning 204: symbol is assigned a value that is never used: "ConfirmFinaleTank2Death"
// Code size:           121152 bytes
// Data size:            31348 bytes
// Stack/heap size:      16384 bytes
// Total requirements:  168884 bytes
// 
// 4 Warnings.
//
// Compilation Time: 0.33 sec
Btw, is it work on dedicated server only ???
I try it on listen server but it seems not work

Last edited by psisan; 02-06-2021 at 03:06.