Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TF2] Last player cannot see chat messages but he can send

Post New Thread Reply   

JPZV
Old 01-27-2021 , 19:25   [TF2] Last player cannot see chat messages but he can send
Reply With Quote #1

Hi,

So, this is the weird bug that I have for a long time ago.
For some reason, the last player who connect to the server could not see the chat messages (except for the info ones) at all, but they can still send messages and the rest of the server can actually read them.

I tried searching in google and in this forum for some info, but sadly it seems that nobody else has this kind of issue (I read that someone couldn't see the chat while in spec, but this glitch happens even if the player is actually playing in a team).

Also, this only happens to the last user who connected to the server. It doesn't matter how many slots the server has (in the beginning the server had 16 slots, then 24, and now 18, and the bug only happened in the latest slot), but strangely enough, it doesn't happen every time, but if you're unlucky, you have to wait until someone leaves the server and then use the retry command for recovering the chat.

Also also, the unlucky user just cannot see user messages, while the server ones (AKA Advertisements, command responses, plugin information) work just perfect. Also, the player can play just normal, there is no lag, no sounds glitching/lagging, nothing.

Here is my server plugins list:
Spoiler

And the extensions list:
Spoiler

In summary, I have this chat issue:
  • Last user could not see the chat message from himself nor from the rest of the players
  • This only happens to the last user who connected to the server
  • This doesn't happen every time
  • Messages from the server works perfectly for the unlucky user
  • There is no gameplay issues (lag, sound glitching, weird behaviours, etc)
  • There is no errors. Nor in the client console, nor in the Server console, nor in the logs
  • The unlucky player can still sends messages without problem (but he cannot read it)
  • The only workaround for this is reconnecting when someone leaves the server.

Last edited by JPZV; 01-27-2021 at 19:27. Reason: I forget to say that this happens on TF2 LOL
StrikeR14
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-30-2021 , 05:15   Re: [TF2] Last player cannot see chat messages but he can send
Reply With Quote #2

Might not be related but I don't see a reason to run 2 chat processors on a single server

My Plugins | My Discord Account
JPZV
Old 01-30-2021 , 07:00   Re: [TF2] Last player cannot see chat messages but he can send
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeR14 View Post
Might not be related but I don't see a reason to run 2 chat processors on a single server
Do you mean about "Chat-Processor" (023) and "Chat Processor - Simple Chat Processor Wrapper" (027)? If that is then those aren't two chat Processor, but just one Processor and a wrapper for using old natives from SCP with the new Chat-Processor.
JPZV
Old 03-25-2021 , 11:12   Re: [TF2] Last player cannot see chat messages but he can send
Reply With Quote #4

Well, after a lot of debugging and looking each plugins one by one, I found out that the Chat-Processor 2.2.3 has this bug which was fixed in 2.2.5. Sadly, the 2.2.3 stills as the Latest release while the 2.2.5 is in the development branch and that's why I didn't see that.

I'll leave the fixed version (2.2.7 which has also some improvement) compiled in case of someone who has this exact problem (source code extracted from the GitHub repository).
Attached Files
File Type: zip Chat-Processor-2.2.7.zip (59.3 KB, 20 views)