This plugin disable shadows
from the map for all players.
Can be useful to make SI harder to detect since is possible to see SI shadows sometimes on places that aren't supposed to be able to see, which gives some advantage to survivors. (e.g. SI on rooftop but display shadows on the floor, inside the house)
- Allow Enable/Disable/Toggle shadows from the map.
A configuration file named "l4d_disable_shadows.cfg
" will automatically be created for you upon the first run in the "\cfg\sourcemod\
// Enable/Disable the plugin.
// 0 = Disable, 1 = Enable.
// Default: "1"
// Minimum: "0.000000"
// Maximum: "1.000000"
- sm_shadowstoggle => Toggle shadows. (z flag required)
- sm_shadowsenable => Enable shadows. (z flag required)
- sm_shadowsdisable => Disable shadows. (z flag required)
- sm_print_cvars_l4d_disable_shadows => Print the plugin related cvars and their respective values to the console. (z flag required)
- This plugin uses the shadow_control entity.
- There is no much FPS gain on disabling shadows, from my tests it usually increases by 1~4 FPS.
- Everybody in the Removing Shadows thread.
- VladimirTk - for reporting an error while changing sv_cheats before map load.
- KadabraZz - for reporting a bug of shadows restoring while changing sv_cheats cvar.
- Any feedback, bug reports, fixes, improvements, translations or suggestions for the plugin are welcome.
- Put the "l4d_disable_shadows.smx" file (click Get Plugin) in your "\addons\sourcemod\plugins\" folder.