Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

FF2 [Help] Errors when using AMS

Post New Thread Reply   

DanishSoup
Old 12-21-2020 , 23:56   [Help] Errors when using AMS
Reply With Quote #1

Hello all, I'm a bit new to creating bosses for FF2 and I've had a problem for a while now. I'm currently making a boss that uses the ability management system (plugin sartsapub3) so he can have multiple rages. But the problem that I have is that once I test the boss, it spews out and spams an error. [sarysapub3] ERROR: Could not find .ff2:_CanInvoke()
None of the rages work and it wont cycle.

I haven't found much information about this error and what information I did find still didn't fix it.
I have downloaded the plugin from source because of the Get Plugin link would fail to compile.
I've tried compiling the plugin myself and having all the .inc files with it but it still gave out this error. I even tried asking my friend for his sarysapub3.ff2 file but it didn't work.
LeAlex14
Old 12-22-2020 , 03:46   Re: [Help] Errors when using AMS
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanishSoup View Post
Hello all, I'm a bit new to creating bosses for FF2 and I've had a problem for a while now. I'm currently making a boss that uses the ability management system (plugin sartsapub3) so he can have multiple rages. But the problem that I have is that once I test the boss, it spews out and spams an error. [sarysapub3] ERROR: Could not find .ff2:_CanInvoke()

I haven't found much information about this error and what information I did find still didn't fix it.
I have downloaded the plugin from source because of the Get Plugin link would fail to compile.
I've tried compiling the plugin myself and having all the .inc files with it but it still gave out this error. I even tried asking my friend for his sarysapub3.ff2 file but it didn't work.
Your plugin was compatible with ams ?
J0BL3SS
Old 12-22-2020 , 06:37   Re: [Help] Errors when using AMS
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:

Im not sure whats wrong because you didn't give any information about which abilities your boss uses. You should make sure they are compitable with AMS. If they don't, you can use Batfoxkid's "do_ability" subplugin which makes uncompitable abilities work with AMS. Also you should use lates version of sarysapub3
My Discord Name: J0BL3SS#5320 | j0bl3ss

I don't really look at steam or alliedmodders, contact me from discord if you need it.
DanishSoup
Old 12-22-2020 , 13:00   Re: [Help] Errors when using AMS
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0BL3SS View Post
Im not sure whats wrong because you didn't give any information about which abilities your boss uses. You should make sure they are compitable with AMS. If they don't, you can use Batfoxkid's "do_ability" subplugin which makes uncompitable abilities work with AMS. Also you should use lates version of sarysapub3
oh, sorry for not giving information about it. At the moment, my boss only uses ff2_dynamic_defaults and ff2_sarysapub3. dynamic defaults for weighdown and the high jump, and sarysapub3 for the rage. I'm trying to make my boss have multiple gun rages where he can switch through weapon to weapon.
[IMG]]https://i.imgur.com/D9dT8Dy.png[/IMG]
This is all I have at the moment for his rage.
J0BL3SS
Old 12-22-2020 , 13:26   Re: [Help] Errors when using AMS
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
oh, sorry for not giving information about it. At the moment, my boss only uses ff2_dynamic_defaults and ff2_sarysapub3. dynamic defaults for weighdown and the high jump, and sarysapub3 for the rage. I'm trying to make my boss have multiple gun rages where he can switch through weapon to weapon.
[IMG]]https://i.imgur.com/D9dT8Dy.png[/IMG]
This is all I have at the moment for his rage.
Use "ff2_sarysapub3" for ability management system. But other sarysapub3 abilities don't work properly due game updates etc (im not sure why either). Batfoxkid fixed state of "sarysapub3a" its a fixed version of sarysapub3

I don't really look at steam or alliedmodders, contact me from discord if you need it.

Last edited by J0BL3SS; 12-22-2020 at 13:28.
DanishSoup
Old 12-22-2020 , 13:41   Re: [Help] Errors when using AMS
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Use "ff2_sarysapub3" for ability management system. But other sarysapub3 abilities don't work properly due game updates etc (im not sure why either). Batfoxkid fixed state of "sarysapub3a" its a fixed version of sarysapub3
Hm, weird. Its still giving out the same error even when switching the abilities code to use sarysapub3a. Here's whats my console is spewing out.
[SM] Loaded plugin freaks\ff2_bosstweaks.ff2 successfully.
[SM] Loaded plugin freaks\ff2_dynamic_defaults.ff2 successfully.
[SM] Loaded plugin freaks\ff2_salmon.ff2 successfully.
[SM] Loaded plugin freaks\ff2_sarysapub3.ff2 successfully.
[SM] Loaded plugin freaks\ff2_sarysapub3a.ff2 successfully.
[SM] Loaded plugin freaks\ffbat_defaults.ff2 successfully.
[SM] Loaded plugin freaks\special_noanims.ff2 successfully.
[sarysapub3] ERROR: Could not find .ff2. _CanInvoke() failed.

I downloaded the .smx, renamed it to .ff2 and it didn't work
J0BL3SS
Old 12-22-2020 , 15:17   Re: [Help] Errors when using AMS
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Hm, weird. Its still giving out the same error even when switching the abilities code to use sarysapub3a. Here's whats my console is spewing out.
[SM] Loaded plugin freaks\ff2_bosstweaks.ff2 successfully.
[SM] Loaded plugin freaks\ff2_dynamic_defaults.ff2 successfully.
[SM] Loaded plugin freaks\ff2_salmon.ff2 successfully.
[SM] Loaded plugin freaks\ff2_sarysapub3.ff2 successfully.
[SM] Loaded plugin freaks\ff2_sarysapub3a.ff2 successfully.
[SM] Loaded plugin freaks\ffbat_defaults.ff2 successfully.
[SM] Loaded plugin freaks\special_noanims.ff2 successfully.
[sarysapub3] ERROR: Could not find .ff2. _CanInvoke() failed.

I downloaded the .smx, renamed it to .ff2 and it didn't work
Sorry i doN't know the real issue but try replace these subplugins its works for me

DanishSoup
Old 12-22-2020 , 15:40   Re: [Help] Errors when using AMS
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Sorry i doN't know the real issue but try replace these subplugins its works for me
Alright so I did put the plugins in the server folder and I tested it on the boss i'm working on and it still spews the error. However, I tried using a premade boss with the AMS abilities and that worked. I think this is now a problem with my boss coding.