Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Communication between two servers

Post New Thread Reply   

MaNaReaver
Old 07-27-2020 , 13:40   Communication between two servers
Reply With Quote #1

Hey AM,

I've seen this feature on several servers where people are able to talk between different servers, and it seems quite cool. Are there ways to implement such a feature?

Thanks and best regards,
MaNaReaver.
Old 07-27-2020 , 20:52   Re: Communication between two servers
Reply With Quote #2

If it's already working, I suspect that it is possible. There are several threads around here for exactly this purpose. A simple search using a search engine provided several options. For example, this one.
Old 07-28-2020 , 00:12   Re: Communication between two servers
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
If it's already working, I suspect that it is possible. There are several threads around here for exactly this purpose. A simple search using a search engine provided several options. For example, this one.
Hey fysiks, thanks for helping out. I tried using Exolent's native, but it crashes once someone says anything, I don't know why but anything with the sockets module causes ReHLDS servers to crash.

Last edited by MaNaReaver; 07-28-2020 at 00:44. Reason: Rectifying the issue
HamletEagle
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 07-28-2020 , 06:24   Re: Communication between two servers
Reply With Quote #4

Then don't use rehlds or ask them why the crash happens with sockets module(if that's really the cause of the crash).
Old 07-28-2020 , 06:31   Re: Communication between two servers
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamletEagle View Post
Then don't use rehlds or ask them why the crash happens with sockets module(if that's really the cause of the crash).
I wish I could do that, but it's not possible as several plugins I use or have worked on use ReAPI in some way or form. Sockets works just fine on an HLDS server, but there seems to be an issue with sockets, like orpheu, on ReHLDS.

Several people I know who use ReHLDS don't have a choice, and therefore refrain from using sockets, despite it giving several advantages to a server. I'd love to use sockets, but I haven't received back from the devs yet.
Old 07-28-2020 , 06:41   Re: Communication between two servers
Reply With Quote #6

I'm pretty sure most plugins can be converted from ReAPI to fakemeta/engine. The only issue I see is when orpheu is needed, but signatures are already available in this forum for a lot of functions so the only thing left is to use orpheu natives like you could with any other native.
I understand this is not ideal, but I don't know many people here who actively use ReHLDS and could help you find the issue and fix it. That's why I said your best bet is to ask the maintainers of ReHLDS directly.

Last edited by HamletEagle; 07-28-2020 at 06:45.
MaNaReaver
Old 07-28-2020 , 07:03   Re: Communication between two servers
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamletEagle View Post
I'm pretty sure most plugins can be converted from ReAPI to fakemeta/engine. The only issue I see is when orpheu is needed, but signatures are already available in this forum for a lot of functions so the only thing left is to use orpheu natives like you could with any other native.
I understand this is not ideal, but I don't know many people here who actively use ReHLDS and could help you find the issue and fix it. That's why I said your best bet is to ask the maintainers of ReHLDS directly.
Yeah, it's possible but a cumbersome and time-consuming task to perform, and I personally don't think it would be worth doing, especially when things are currently stable. It's a loss-loss situation anyway, and I think I'll have to manage with the available resources. I hope that I get back from the developers to provide support for sockets soon.
Old 07-28-2020 , 13:25   Re: Communication between two servers
Reply With Quote #8

If you're willing to run an additional software, I can shamelessly recommend my own plugin, MatterAMXX. It uses the GRIP module instead of Sockets so it works on ReHLDS.

Last edited by gabuch2; 07-28-2020 at 13:26.
MaNaReaver
Old 07-30-2020 , 01:43   Re: Communication between two servers
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe Iggy View Post
If you're willing to run an additional software, I can shamelessly recommend my own plugin, MatterAMXX. It uses the GRIP module instead of Sockets so it works on ReHLDS.
Hey Iggy, I'm unsure on how to install gRIP for Counter-Strike, as there's not much information on it. Could you guide me through it? Also, where should the matterbridge.toml file be placed? Thanks!
Old 07-30-2020 , 03:38   Re: Communication between two servers
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaNaReaver View Post
Hey Iggy, I'm unsure on how to install gRIP for Counter-Strike, as there's not much information on it. Could you guide me through it? Also, where should the matterbridge.toml file be placed? Thanks!
grip-0.0.0.0-test-i686-unknown-linux-gnu.tar.gz