Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

seDirector [7.4.4] - Windows srcds manager, auto-updater, crash notifications & more

Post New Thread Reply   

paulo_crash
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-18-2020 , 20:50   Re: seDirector [5.5] - srcds manager, auto-updater, crash notifications, and more
Reply With Quote #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by asheroto View Post
Version 5.5 Released
- Removed hldsupdatetool options
- Removed Refresh from menus
- Removed old variables from Servers.xml data file
- Fixed context menu bug when updating
- Fixed bug that caused FTP/SFTP test button to get stuck
- Fixed server properties not saving if FTP/SFTP checkbox is unchecked
- Fixed error message if addon lists could not be downloaded
- Fixed update window visibility issues & stopping an update
- Fixed issue when duplicating a server
- Improvements to notifications
- Improvements to general usability
Good... Just a suggestion, in this case regarding the interface / visual.

Are you thinking of launching themes so that users can choose a theme? In the case of a more attractive interface?

Nothing against this one, but it reminds me a lot of Window XP.

I believe that a new, more futuristic look would be welcome, even some private themes, in the case for those who help financially in the project, Patreon or something like that.

Last edited by paulo_crash; 07-18-2020 at 20:50.
asheroto
Old 07-22-2020 , 19:23   Re: seDirector [5.5] - srcds manager, auto-updater, crash notifications, and more
Reply With Quote #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulo_crash View Post
Good... Just a suggestion, in this case regarding the interface / visual.

Are you thinking of launching themes so that users can choose a theme? In the case of a more attractive interface?

Nothing against this one, but it reminds me a lot of Window XP.

I believe that a new, more futuristic look would be welcome, even some private themes, in the case for those who help financially in the project, Patreon or something like that.
I like that idea. Instead of redoing the theme on the application, I'm thinking about building a web-based backend that anyone can write HTML/CSS/JS and communicate and thus theme it that way. It's down the road on priority, but anyway, I do like the idea of themes.....
paulo_crash
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-22-2020 , 19:52   Re: seDirector [5.5] - srcds manager, auto-updater, crash notifications, and more
Reply With Quote #43

Quote:
I like that idea. Instead of redoing the theme on the application, I'm thinking about building a web-based backend that anyone can write HTML/CSS/JS and communicate and thus theme it that way. It's down the road on priority, but anyway, I do like the idea of themes.....
Perfect, I believe it is even better backend, (my opinion) I already see several themes / designers being made.
asheroto
Old 07-24-2020 , 14:39   Re: seDirector [5.6] - srcds manager, auto-updater, crash notifications, and more
Reply With Quote #44

Version 5.6 Released
- Added built-in 'Support Request' under Help
- Added 'Discord Server' option under Help
- Fixed bug if Internet connection is not working or off
- Improved error messages for Internet connection not working or off
- Removed Refresh button from top bar
- Fixed 'Run FTP/SFTP Sync' being enabled when no configuration exists
- Fixed 'Run BZ2 Compression' being enabled when no configuration exists
- Fixed bug in About window
- Fixed minor bug with buttons
- Improved styling of Release Notes

Please update by going to Help-->Check for Update or by downloading it below.

Download it here: https://sedirector.net/
Mike4Told
Old 08-07-2020 , 23:22   Re: seDirector [5.6] - srcds manager, auto-updater, crash notifications, and more
Reply With Quote #45

Dumb question, can you add support for Killing Floor 2?
Old 08-08-2020 , 12:21   Re: seDirector [5.6] - srcds manager, auto-updater, crash notifications, and more
Reply With Quote #46

No idea how hard it'd be, but could we have the ability to have SRCDS and SteamCMD AppID compatibility, so that if you wanted to install a server say with steamcmd, say Rust or Eco or Squad or etc, it'd be possible to download and run with a set executable set that runs the server, and it monitors the process ID and if it exits, it gets auto-restarted via the program. Just a suggestion is all.
RaphtaliaTheTanooki
Old 08-08-2020 , 15:01   Re: seDirector [5.6] - srcds manager, auto-updater, crash notifications, and more
Reply With Quote #47

this is way to useful to be only in windows 10, why not creating a port for atleast linux? or windows 7? retro-compatiliby is useful
safetymoose
Old 08-15-2020 , 04:38   Re: seDirector [5.6] - srcds manager, auto-updater, crash notifications, and more
Reply With Quote #48

A couple of weird bugs with the program:
  1. After leaving it running for a while, the interface freezes completely. I cant click anywhere on the whole window, none of the buttons are responding, they dont even get highlighted. Not even the windows minimize/maximize/close buttons. It's like trying to click on a still image. RDP Issue. Any update on this bug?
  2. The automatic compression/ftp sync glitches out. Even tho everything was compressed and already uploaded to the fastdl by the ftp sync, everytime i start the server it starts re-compressing 1 map and re-uploading it.

Any idea why this is happening?

Last edited by safetymoose; 08-15-2020 at 05:32.
Mike4Told
Old 08-16-2020 , 20:18   Re: seDirector [5.5] - srcds manager, auto-updater, crash notifications, and more
Reply With Quote #49

Quote:
I wouldn't mind help you with something like this; free of charge. I would like to give back to the community I grew up on.

Message me on Discord:
Discord: SkyWalker3200#5584
Old 08-20-2020 , 01:14   Re: seDirector [5.6] - srcds manager, auto-updater, crash notifications, and more
Reply With Quote #50

I have been testing for few days and it seems like have a bug with menu bar
i was trying to open All Servers menu but it glitched and close back to tray
when i trying to open from tray, sometimes program closes without error and remain servers hide