Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

How Can/Should I Prevent My Game From Slowhack By Servers?

Post New Thread Reply   

fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 07-14-2020 , 22:32   Re: How Can/Should I Prevent My Game From Slowhack By Servers?
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocky View Post
Oh, sorry for violating the rule and as far as the problem is concerned, I could've purchased the game if I could afford it...

Well, Thanks for the replies anyways...
I don't know why people always falsely claim they can't afford one of the cheapest games non-free games on the face of the earth. If you can afford to have internet service, you can afford a one-time purchase of any Half-Life 1 based game.
Old 07-15-2020 , 02:04   Re: How Can/Should I Prevent My Game From Slowhack By Servers?
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
I don't know why people always falsely claim they can't afford one of the cheapest games non-free games on the face of the earth. If you can afford to have internet service, you can afford a one-time purchase of any Half-Life 1 based game.
I used to think this way too but the value of this game is expensive in some countries. Take like Argentina. It's quite expensive even though this game is outdated.
Veteran Member
Old 07-15-2020 , 05:52   Re: How Can/Should I Prevent My Game From Slowhack By Servers?
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
If the price of the game in USA is, for example 0.1% of the average wage, in other countries it may be 10%. Think about it that way. Would you spend 10% of your earnings on a 20 year old game? Probably not, especially when the cracked versions are easier to obtain than the actual game. Not saying that this is the right thing to do, but the problem won't be fixed any time soon if Valve doesn't make some changes.
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 07-15-2020 , 07:21   Re: How Can/Should I Prevent My Game From Slowhack By Servers?
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by OciXCrom View Post
If the price of the game in USA is, for example 0.1% of the average wage, in other countries it may be 10%. Think about it that way. Would you spend 10% of your earnings on a 20 year old game? Probably not, especially when the cracked versions are easier to obtain than the actual game. Not saying that this is the right thing to do, but the problem won't be fixed any time soon if Valve doesn't make some changes.
While this makes sense, you forget the obvious disadvantage that the OP already saw: scummy servers messing with your game and your entire pc.
Old 07-15-2020 , 14:10   Re: How Can/Should I Prevent My Game From Slowhack By Servers?
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamletEagle View Post
While this makes sense, you forget the obvious disadvantage that the OP already saw: scummy servers messing with your game and your entire pc.
Yup, can't really protect against that and this isn't the place to solve such issues.

Last edited by OciXCrom; 07-15-2020 at 14:10.
Send a message via Skype™ to OciXCrom
Pocky
Old 07-15-2020 , 14:22   Re: How Can/Should I Prevent My Game From Slowhack By Servers?
Reply With Quote #16

Well, it may be cheap for you but the grass is not really green on the other side.Besides, I think Steam should make it free.Well, I mean apart from being too old, they also made CS:GO free, right?
thEsp
BANNED
Old 07-15-2020 , 14:45  
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Well, I mean apart from being too old, they also made CS:GO free, right?
That's a common economic methodology game developers use, it's only about time. TF2 proved successful so did CSGO. Any you might say "oh wow, why's that?" and the answer is pretty clear: more players = higher income from in-app purchases.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 07-15-2020 , 23:51   Re: How Can/Should I Prevent My Game From Slowhack By Servers?
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by OciXCrom View Post
If you can afford the monthly internet charges then you can afford a one time purchase of a relatively cheap game. If you truly can't afford it then you have bigger problems and shouldn't be spending much time on the internet playing games. Obviously, this is my opinion.

Quote:
Well, it may be cheap for you but the grass is not really green on the other side.Besides, I think Steam should make it free.Well, I mean apart from being too old, they also made CS:GO free, right?
You can think what you want. You may think they made CS:GO "free for a lot of people" but in reality they devised an alternate monetization strategy that just happens to allow people to download it for free. This strategy will never work with such an old game therefore, there is no reason or incentive to make it free.

Last edited by fysiks; 07-16-2020 at 00:00.
Old 08-09-2020, 11:23
fishstick
This message has been deleted by asherkin.