Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v9.1, 3-20-2024)

Post New Thread Reply   

Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 06-24-2020 , 16:46   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.74, 6-24-2020) [Human/AI Tanks Supported]
Reply With Quote #751

Version 8.74 is out!

Download | Changelog

*Requires SourceMod 1.11.0.6511 or higher.
*Optional: DHooks.
*Optional: Left 4 DHooks Direct.
*Important: READ THE CHANGELOG.MD FILE FOR A DETAILED LIST OF CHANGES!

Last edited by Psyk0tik; 10-11-2020 at 19:27.
Mi.Cura
Veteran Member
Old 06-24-2020 , 19:45   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.74, 6-24-2020) [Human/AI Tanks Supported]
Reply With Quote #752

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasher_3637 View Post
Version 8.74 is out!

Download | Changelog

*Requires SourceMod 1.11.0.6511 or higher.
*Optional: DHooks.
*Optional: Left 4 DHooks Direct.
*Important: READ THE CHANGELOG.MD FILE FOR A DETAILED LIST OF CHANGES!

Thanks again Crasher! I was looking forward to it.

An observation:
I found an error in the translation file, as you can see below this "en" for both translations.
The second line is correct: "hu", I think it's Hungarian, right.

"Tank #10"
{
"en" "{mint}This Tank can throw cars at survivors. The cars disappear after 30 seconds."
"en" "{mint}Ez a Tank autókat dobhat a túlélők felé. Az autók eltűnnek 30mp után"
}
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 06-24-2020 , 20:00   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.74, 6-24-2020) [Human/AI Tanks Supported]
Reply With Quote #753

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi.Cura View Post
Thanks again Crasher! I was looking forward to it.

An observation:
I found an error in the translation file, as you can see below this "en" for both translations.
The second line is correct: "hu", I think it's Hungarian, right.

"Tank #10"
{
"en" "{mint}This Tank can throw cars at survivors. The cars disappear after 30 seconds."
"en" "{mint}Ez a Tank autókat dobhat a túlélők felé. Az autók eltűnnek 30mp után"
}
Fixed. Thanks for reporting.
Old 06-29-2020 , 16:33   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.74, 6-24-2020) [Human/AI Tanks Supported]
Reply With Quote #754

How can i remove the props "on tanks" like propane tank and etc...please
Mi.Cura
Veteran Member
Old 06-30-2020 , 00:12   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.74, 6-24-2020) [Human/AI Tanks Supported]
Reply With Quote #755

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conejinni View Post
How can i remove the props "on tanks" like propane tank and etc...please

Please, Read the INFORMATION.md file
You can configure differently for each tank, or compile the plugin, with the config you want.

"Props"
{
// Props that the Mutant Tank can spawn with.
// Note: This setting can be overridden for specific players.
// --
// Add up numbers together for different results.
// --
// Minimum: 0
// Maximum: 127

// 0: OFF
// 1: Attach a blur effect only.
// 2: Attach lights only.
// 4: Attach oxygen tanks only.
// 8: Attach flames to oxygen tanks.
// 16: Attach rocks only.
// 32: Attach tires only.
// 64: Attach a propane tank only.
"Props Attached" "126"

Exemple:

Tank #1" // Alternative: "Tank 1"
{
"General"
{
"Tank Name" "Absorber Tank"
"Tank Enabled" "1"
"Tank Chance" "100.0"
"Tank Note" "1"
"Skin Color" "50,90,150,255"
"Glow Enabled" "1"
"Glow Color" "50,90,150"
}
"Human Support"
{
"Human Support" "1"
}
"Props"
{
"Props Attached" "0"
}

Last edited by Mi.Cura; 06-30-2020 at 00:19.
Mi.Cura
Veteran Member
Old 06-30-2020 , 15:52   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.74, 6-24-2020) [Human/AI Tanks Supported]
Reply With Quote #756

Hi Crasher,

I did several tests before reporting and found two problems happening to me.

Before I wanted to report that I use VScript, to unlock tanks on maps that do not generate more than 1, SourceMod v1.11.0.6575 and DHooks v2.2.0 (detours14a | SM 1.10+), ok

"Clone Ability"
{
"Ability Enabled" "1"
"Ability Message" "0"
"Clone Amount" "1"
"Clone Chance" "100.0"
"Clone Health" "2000"
"Clone Replace" "1"
"Clone Type" "-1"
"Clone Mode" "0"

1) Clone Tanks:

It seems that the plugin in version 8.74 is blocking the Clone tank from cloning when you have the setting for 1 Tank only. It only generates a glow.

However in version 8.66 this does not happen, I tested both versions on the server,in the same location on the map, and in version 8.66 the tank clones normally, but in version 8.74 it does not.
Version 8.66 works well for me, the biggest problem is that I had to make a config file by deleting the tanks I don't use, keeping only the ones that should spawn, because they can't be disabled. Even when disabled, Tanks were spawning.

See the image on the link below to see what is happening:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FxL...ew?usp=sharing

2) Drunk Ability

The Drunk Ability is working, but it changes the speed of the players but does not return to normal, even with BOTS.
This also happened with the Gravity Tank, which changed the gravity of the player and did not return to normal, I disabled the Gravity (HIT) to decrease this.

"Drunk Speed ​​Interval" "1.5"
"Drunk Turn Interval" "0.5"

Thanks...

Last edited by Mi.Cura; 07-01-2020 at 09:43.
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 07-01-2020 , 08:49   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.74, 6-24-2020) [Human/AI Tanks Supported]
Reply With Quote #757

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi.Cura View Post
Hi Crasher,

I did several tests before reporting and found two problems happening to me.

Before I wanted to report that I use VScript, to unlock tanks on maps that do not generate more than 1, SourceMod v1.11.0.6575 and DHooks v2.2.0 (detours14a | SM 1.10+), ok

"Clone Ability"
{
"Ability Enabled" "1"
"Ability Message" "0"
"Clone Amount" "1"
"Clone Chance" "100.0"
"Clone Health" "2000"
"Clone Replace" "1"
"Clone Type" "-1"
"Clone Mode" "0"

1) Clone Tanks:

It seems that the plugin in version 8.74 is blocking the Clone tank from cloning when you have the setting for 1 Tank only. It only generates a glow.

However in version 8.66 this does not happen, I tested both versions on the server,in the same location on the map, and in version 8.66 the tank clones normally, but in version 8.74 it does not.
Version 8.66 works well for me, the biggest problem is that I had to make a config file by deleting the tanks I don't use, keeping only the ones that should spawn, because they can't be disabled. Even when disabled, Tanks were spawning.

See the image on the link below to see what is happening:

2) Druger Tank

The Drugger skill is working, but it changes the speed of the players but does not return to normal, even with BOTS.
This also happened with the Gravity Tank, which changed the gravity of the player and did not return to normal, I disabled the Gravity (HIT) to decrease this.

"Drunk Speed ​​Interval" "1.5"
"Drunk Turn Interval" "0.5"

Thanks...
1. Using those exact settings for Clone Tank, clones are spawning just fine. It seems like a problem on your end.
2. I'm not sure what you mean about disabled Tanks spawning. Only one other person has reported this but it doesn't happen often to that person. I've looked at the code multiple times and ran many tests. Disabled Tanks don't spawn for me in the latest version at all.
3. There seems to be a caching problem when saving the initial values for player speed/gravity. In the next update, I will just reset them to 1.0 to avoid unnecessary bugs like the one you reported. While caching is very useful, it's very inaccurate because any plugin can change the initial values before any of those abilities trigger.

Thanks for reporting.
Old 07-01-2020 , 09:41   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.74, 6-24-2020) [Human/AI Tanks Supported]
Reply With Quote #758

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasher_3637 View Post
1. Using those exact settings for Clone Tank, clones are spawning just fine. It seems like a problem on your end.
2. I'm not sure what you mean about disabled Tanks spawning. Only one other person has reported this but it doesn't happen often to that person. I've looked at the code multiple times and ran many tests. Disabled Tanks don't spawn for me in the latest version at all.
3. There seems to be a caching problem when saving the initial values for player speed/gravity. In the next update, I will just reset them to 1.0 to avoid unnecessary bugs like the one you reported. While caching is very useful, it's very inaccurate because any plugin can change the initial values before any of those abilities trigger.

Thanks for reporting.
Thanks for the answer,

The strangest thing is that I tested both versions 8.66 and 8.74, on the same server and the same map location.

As you can see in the image I attached in the link, the results for the spawn "Clone" were different.

Last edited by Mi.Cura; 07-01-2020 at 09:45.
Electr000999
Old 07-01-2020 , 09:43   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.74, 6-24-2020) [Human/AI Tanks Supported]
Reply With Quote #759

Crasher_3637,
make StopSound(entity, SNDCHAN_BODY, "player/tank/attack/thrown_missile_loop_1.wav");
after every break tank rock, players do not need to listen tank rock fly sound (sometimes this sound stuck, this also was old bug in super tanks)

edit:

just add in callback public void OnEntityDestroyed(int entity) after if (StrEqual(sClassname, "tank_rock")) or after if (bIsTankAllowed(iThrower) && bHasCoreAdminAccess(iThrower) && g_esTank[g_esPlayer[iThrower].g_iTankType].g_iTankEnabled == 1) if you need to make sure that it really is from mutant tank

Last edited by Electr000999; 07-01-2020 at 09:59.
Send a message via Skype™ to Electr000999
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 07-01-2020 , 09:47   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.74, 6-24-2020) [Human/AI Tanks Supported]
Reply With Quote #760

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electr000999 View Post
Crasher_3637,
make StopSound(entity, SNDCHAN_BODY, "player/tank/attack/thrown_missile_loop_1.wav");
after every break tank rock, players do not need to listen tank rock fly sound (sometimes this sound stuck, this also was old bug in super tanks)
If I remember correctly, this was suggested before in a different way and it didn't really fix the issue, however, I'll add that in the next update just to be sure. Thanks for bringing this up.