Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Is there a way to make certain cvars be executed when a map ends?

Post New Thread Reply   

Diddley4209
Old 05-18-2020 , 13:27   Is there a way to make certain cvars be executed when a map ends?
Reply With Quote #1

On one of my maps I'd like nospread, but I don't want nospread in any other map, what would be the easiest way to do this?
DJEarthQuake
Veteran Member
Old 05-18-2020 , 13:43   Re: Is there a way to make certain cvars be executed when a map ends?
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diddley4209 View Post
On one of my maps I'd like nospread, but I don't want nospread in any other map, what would be the easiest way to do this?
For each map, you can also add a configuration file that will execute when the map loads. This is useful to set certain settings for 3rd party maps, say, removing the freeze time on fy_iceworld.

To do this, simply create a folder in addons\amxmodx\configs called "maps" and place a .cfg file named after the map with the settings in it, for example, you might have addons\amxmodx\configs\maps\fy_iceworld.cfg.

Otherwise to do it at 'the end', make a regular config file like server.cfg. Create plugin with Set_task_ex with flag SetTask_BeforeMapChange.

Last edited by DJEarthQuake; 05-18-2020 at 13:44.
Diddley4209
Old 05-18-2020 , 13:59   Re: Is there a way to make certain cvars be executed when a map ends?
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEarthQuake View Post
For each map, you can also add a configuration file that will execute when the map loads. This is useful to set certain settings for 3rd party maps, say, removing the freeze time on fy_iceworld.

To do this, simply create a folder in addons\amxmodx\configs called "maps" and place a .cfg file named after the map with the settings in it, for example, you might have addons\amxmodx\configs\maps\fy_iceworld.cfg.

Otherwise to do it at 'the end', make a regular config file like server.cfg. Create plugin with Set_task_ex with flag SetTask_BeforeMapChange.
Yeah, I have these set in the map config, but they don't change when the map switches. I'm still new to source servers, so how would I create this "plugin" with that flag?
OciXCrom
Veteran Member
Old 05-18-2020 , 14:19   Re: Is there a way to make certain cvars be executed when a map ends?
Reply With Quote #4

You can set them in configs/amxx.cfg if you want to reset them after the map. This will be executed for each map, but the map-specific files will be executed after this one, so the cvars there will apply only for those maps.
Old 05-18-2020 , 15:18   Re: Is there a way to make certain cvars be executed when a map ends?
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by OciXCrom View Post
You can set them in configs/amxx.cfg if you want to reset them after the map. This will be executed for each map, but the map-specific files will be executed after this one, so the cvars there will apply only for those maps.
I don't have that file
OciXCrom
Veteran Member
Old 05-18-2020 , 16:08   Re: Is there a way to make certain cvars be executed when a map ends?
Reply With Quote #6

How can you not have it? This is a default AMXX file. If you didn't download AMXX from the official website, please download it. If you did, simply create the file.
Old 05-18-2020 , 16:10   Re: Is there a way to make certain cvars be executed when a map ends?
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by OciXCrom View Post
How can you not have it? This is a default AMXX file. If you didn't download AMXX from the official website, please download it. If you did, simply create the file.
What is AMXX? Sorry I'm confused haha
tarsisd2
Veteran Member
Old 05-18-2020 , 18:10   Re: Is there a way to make certain cvars be executed when a map ends?
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
what is amxx? really? what are you doing on this forum? did you say you are new to Source Server? so why did you post in the amx sections?

make up your mind of what you want
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 05-18-2020 , 22:19   Re: Is there a way to make certain cvars be executed when a map ends?
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
AMXX is short for AMX Mod X, a server-side modification for Half-Life 1 based servers (which is the section of the forum in which you are now posting). If you have a Source-based game, you need to use SourceMod which as its own section for support (below the AMX Mod X section on the main page).

Last edited by fysiks; 05-18-2020 at 22:20.
Diddley4209
Old 05-19-2020 , 01:43   Re: Is there a way to make certain cvars be executed when a map ends?
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarsisd2 View Post
what is amxx? really? what are you doing on this forum? did you say you are new to Source Server? so why did you post in the amx sections?

make up your mind of what you want
Oh yikes my bad, I didn't mean to post it in this forum. I figured out how to do what I needed, sorry about the confusion.