- Valve had originally released or were planning on implementing the ability for Survivors to lock doors.
- This plugin brings that to life with additional features.
- Doors can be randomly opened or closed on round start with the cvar l4d_lock_doors_random - respects Versus competitive balance.
- Customise the health of doors when they spawn, are opened, closed or locked.
- This will not affect saferoom doors or existing locked doors to avoid breaking certain maps.
- Keybind: Shift + E or Ctrl + E set by l4d_lock_doors_keys cvar.
- Don't change the health cvars during gameplay as the plugin relies on the original values to restore health!
Admin Commands: (requires "z" flag)
- Cuba - For the request.
- Lux - As standard.
- gongo - Lots of help testing.
- Toranks - Lots of help testing.
sm_doors_random // Randomly opens or closes doors based on the random cvar settings. This will mess up Versus saving and restoring.
sm_doors_health // Returns the health of the door you're aiming at.
sm_doors_glow // Debug testing command to show all doors.
sm_doors_close // Closes all doors on the map.
sm_doors_open // Opens all doors on the map.
sm_doors_tog // Toggle state of all doors on the map.
sm_doors_vs // Toggle all doors testing for Versus save and restore.
Saved to l4d_lock_doors.cfg
in your servers \cfg\sourcemod\
// 0=Plugin off, 1=Plugin on.
// Turn on the plugin in these game modes, separate by commas (no spaces). (Empty = all).
// Turn off the plugin in these game modes, separate by commas (no spaces). (Empty = none).
// Turn on the plugin in these game modes. 0=All, 1=Coop, 2=Survival, 4=Versus, 8=Scavenge. Add numbers together.
// 0=Default game damage. Amount of damage to cause to doors when shoved by a Common Infected.
// 0=Default game damage. Amount of damage to cause to doors when shoved by a Special Infected.
// 0=Default game damage. Amount of damage to cause to doors when shoved by a Tank.
// 0=Default game damage. Amount of damage to cause to doors when shoved by a Survivor.
// 0=Off. Percentage of health to set when the door is locked.
// 0=Off. Percentage of health to set when the door is open.
// 0=Off. Percentage of health to set when the door is shut.
// 0=Off. How much health doors have on spawn (840 game default on some maps).
// 0=No invincible doors. 1=Allow doors which are damaged when shot etc but don't break (default game behaviour).
// 0=Off (no locking doors). 1=Shift (walk) + E (use). 2=Ctrl (duck) + E (use). Which key combination to lock/unlock doors.
// 0=Off. 1=Maps listed in the data config will allow the plugin to work. 2=Maps listed in the data config will block the plugin from working.
// 0=Off. On round start the chance out of 100 to randomly open or close a door. Versus 2nd round will open/close the same doors. Requires the Left4DHooks plugin.
// 1=Open doors only. 2=Close doors only. 3=Open doors that are closed, and close doors that are open. When used with the random cvar.
// 0=Any distance. How close a player must be to the door they're trying to lock or unlock.
// 0=Off. Display a chat message when: 1=Locking doors. 2=Unlocking doors. 4=To all players. 8=To self. Add numbers together.
// 0=Off. Vocalize when locking doors.
// Lock Doors plugin version
- Fixed an invalid handle error.
- Fixed sometimes ignoring blocked door models when using random doors. Thanks to "gongo" for reporting.
- Fixed random doors not working in L4D1 and throwing errors. Thanks to "gongo" for reporting.
- Fixed bug detecting tanks in L4D1 or regarding Jockey's as tanks in L4D2.
- Added command "sm_doors_random" to randomly open or close doors based on the random cvar settings.
- Increased the range of rescue door detection to prevent opening some rescue closets. Thanks to "gongo" for reporting.
- Blocked another model from being used by the plugin (c5m2_park) which prevented common spawning. Thanks to "gongo" for reporting.
- Fixed health bugs under certain conditions. Thanks to "gongo" for reporting.
- Fixed bots from locking doors. They can still unlock them instead of teleporting through locked doors.
- Now supports all 3rd party maps for the "random" feature of opening/closing doors on round start.
- Now fully supports unloading and late loading the plugin. Random doors will not change when late loading.
- Renamed command "sm_lock_doors_health" to "sm_doors_health".
- Added more models to be ignored by the plugins features.
- Plugin now ignores outhouse and gun cabinet doors.
- Added an optional data config to specify maps the plugin should be allowed or blocked on, depending on the new cvar value.
- Added cvar "l4d_lock_doors_map_block" to allow or block the plugin working on the maps listed in the data config.
- Fixed rare bug causing all doors to be unusable.
- Fixed setting double doors health to the wrong values when using the random cvar.
- L4D2: Fixed random doors not working on the 3rd party map "The Hive" chapter 1.
- L4D2: Fixed the map "CEDA Fever" chapter 1 intro missing the "gameinstructor_draw" event, which prevented random doors from working.
- Thanks to "gongo" for reporting and lots of help testing.
- Added commands "sm_doors_close", "sm_doors_open" and "sm_doors_tog" to control all doors.
- Changed cvar "l4d_lock_doors_keys" to accept the value of "0" to disable the locking and unlocking doors feature.
- Really fixed doors not randomly opening or closing on new campaigns. Thanks to "gongo" for help.
- Added command "sm_doors_glow" to make doors glow, for debug testing.
- Fixed potentially not finding some relative double doors.
- Fixed not finding relative double doors that used only identical targetnames to match. Thanks to "gongo" for reporting.
- Added cvar "l4d_lock_doors_random_type" to set if doors should be randomly opened or closed only, or toggled by their current state.
- Fixed not always opening or closing doors on round restarts. Thanks to "gongo" for reporting.
- Restored ability to lock alarmed doors, but plugin no longer randomly opens them. Thanks to "Toranks" for reporting.
- Added cvar "l4d_lock_doors_invincible" to control if invincible doors should be allowed (stock game function).
- Fixed affecting some doors which should be closed for events etc.
- Fixed double doors not always opening in the same direction.
- Fixed potentially not working on some round restarts.
- Added cvar "l4d_lock_doors_damage_tank" to control a Tanks shove damage on doors.
- Now requires double doors to be closed before locking.
- Fixed the damage cvars not following the "0" value to use default game damage.
- Fixed some doors sometimes becoming invincible and not breaking.
- Fixed another case where random doors were not set after server start.
- Added cvars "l4d_lock_doors_damage_common", "l4d_lock_doors_damage_infected" and "l4d_lock_doors_damage_survivor" to control shove damage on doors. Thanks to "Maur0" for reporting.
- Added support for competitive Versus to open/close the same doors for both teams.
- Now ignores randomly opening a door if it's near an "info_survivor_rescue" entity. Thanks to "gongo" for reporting.
- Better handling for opening double doors in the same direction, should work in most cases/maps.
- Fixed accidental additional character in printing message.
- Fixed not randomly opening or closing doors on server start.
- Fixed cvar "l4d_lock_doors_random" not setting random door positions on round restart. Thanks to "gongo" for reporting.
- Added command "sm_lock_doors_health" to check a doors health.
- Added cvar "l4d_lock_doors_random" to randomly open or close doors on round start.
- Fixed the health not being consistently set correctly.
- Fixed locking or unlocking from opening or closing the door.
- Fixed issues with double doors not being handled together.
- Change cvar "l4d_lock_doors_text" description and default value for hint messages printing to all instead of an individual client and vice versa.
- Thanks to "gongo" for reporting issues and testing.
- Thanks to "Toranks" for help testing.
- Blocked some door models that are missing the door knob animation. Thanks to "sonic155" for reporting.
- Added door handle animation and sound when attempting to open a locked door. Requested by "The Renegadist".
- Added cvar "l4d_lock_doors_range" to set the distance players must be to lock or unlock doors.
- Extra checks to prevent "IsAllowedGameMode" throwing errors.
- Various changes to tidy up code.
- Changed the lock sound and increased volume.
- Fixed not working on server start or when the plugin was enabled again. Thanks to "Cuba" for reporting.
- Initial Release.
Updating from 1.15 or older:
- Click "Get Plugin" and put the .smx file into your servers \addons\sourcemod\plugins\ folder.
- Optionally download "l4d_lock_doors.cfg" and put into your servers \addons\sourcemod\data\ folder to allow or block the plugin on specific maps.
- New cvars have been added: use the Cvar Configs Updater, or delete the old cvars config or manually add them.