Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Gameplay
Plugin Game:
Left 4 Dead
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:
    Plugin Description:
    Patches the game to allow using Weapons while Incapped, instead of changing weapons scripts.
    Old 04-05-2020 , 21:43   [L4D & L4D2] Incapped Weapons Patch (1.10) [10-May-2020]
    Reply With Quote #1

Related Plugins:

About:
    • Memory patch method to use weapons while incapped, instead of changing weapons scripts.
    • Press the keys 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 to switch Weapons. Mouse scroll does not work.
    • Grenades and Melee weapons can be used while incapped. Bug reported: Survivors appear to stand up to throw! Future update may optionally use Left4DHooks to fix.

Weapon Fire Rate:
    • Recommended: WeaponHandling_API by Lux. Set wh_use_incap_cycle_cvar cvar to "0". This changes all weapon fire rates to their normal speed.
    • Alternatively set the games cvar survivor_incapacitated_cycle_time to "0.1" but this will modify it for all weapons and not return them to their correct speed.

• xZk - For the original plugin and ideas.
    • Lux - For scripting advice and melee patch method.
    • MasterMind420 - For scripting advice.

Cvars:

Saved to l4d_incapped_weapons.cfg in your servers \cfg\sourcemod\ folder.

PHP Code:
    // 0=Plugin off, 1=Plugin on.
    l4d_incapped_weapons_allow "1"

// Turn on the plugin in these game modes, separate by commas (no spaces). (Empty = all).
    l4d_incapped_weapons_modes ""

// Turn off the plugin in these game modes, separate by commas (no spaces). (Empty = none).
    l4d_incapped_weapons_modes_off ""

// Turn on the plugin in these game modes. 0=All, 1=Coop, 2=Survival, 4=Versus, 8=Scavenge. Add numbers together.
    l4d_incapped_weapons_modes_tog "0"

// L4D2 only: 0=Don't give pistol (allows Melee weapons to be used). 1=Give pistol (game default).
    l4d_incapped_weapons_pistol "0"

// Empty string to allow all. Prevent these weapon IDs from being used while incapped. See below for details.
    // L4D2: default blocks all meds/upgrade ammo. To block grenades add "13,14,25"
    l4d_incapped_weapons_restrict "12,15,23,24,30,31"

// L4D1: default blocks medkits/pills. To block grenades add "9,10" e.g: "8,12,9,10"
    l4d_incapped_weapons_restrict "8,12"

// Incapped Weapons plugin version.
    l4d_incapped_weapons_version 

Weapon Restriction Cvar:

The cvar l4d_incapped_weapons_restrict uses Weapon IDs to restrict their usage. String must be comma separated.

Complete list:

Spoiler

Changes:
    Code:
    1.10 (10-May-2020)
        - Added better error log message when gamedata file is missing.
        - Extra checks to prevent "IsAllowedGameMode" throwing errors.

1.9 (12-Apr-2020)
        - Now keeps the active weapon selected unless it's restricted.
        - Fixed not being able to switch to melee weapons.
        - Fixed pistols possibly disappearing sometimes.
        - Fixed potential of duped pistols when dropped after incap.
        - Extra checks to prevent "IsAllowedGameMode" throwing errors.

1.8 (09-Apr-2020)
        - Fixed again not always restricting weapons correctly on incap. Thanks to "MasterMind420" for reporting.

1.7 (08-Apr-2020)
        - Fixed not equipping melee weapons when allowed on incap.

1.6 (08-Apr-2020)
        - Fixed breaking pistols, due to the last update.

1.5 (08-Apr-2020)
        - Fixed ammo being wiped when incapped, due to 1.3 update. Thanks to "Dragokas" for reporting.
        - Fixed not always restricting weapons correctly on incap. Thanks to "MasterMind420" for reporting.

1.4 (07-Apr-2020)
        - Fixed throwing a pistol when dual wielding. Thanks to "MasterMind420" for reporting.

1.3 (07-Apr-2020)
        - Fixed not equipping a valid weapon when the last equipped weapon was restricted.
        - Removed the ability to block pistols.
        - Thanks to "MasterMind420" for reporting.

1.2 (07-Apr-2020)
        - Fixed L4D1 Linux crashing. Only the plugin updated. Thanks to "Dragokas" for testing.

1.1 (07-Apr-2020)
        - Fixed hooking the L4D2 pistol cvar in L4D1. Thanks to "Alliance" for reporting.

1.0 (06-Apr-2020)
        - Initial release.

Installation:
    1. Click "Get Plugin" and put the .smx file into your servers \addons\sourcemod\plugins\ folder.
    2. Download the .txt gamedata file and put into your servers \addons\sourcemod\gamedata\ folder.
    Attached Files
    File Type: txt l4d_incapped_weapons.txt (3.0 KB, 551 views)
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d_incapped_weapons.sp - 470 views - 20.0 KB)

Last edited by Silvers; 05-10-2020 at 06:48.
    SkiPlix
    Old 04-06-2020 , 00:52   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Incapped Weapons Patch (1.0) [06-Apr-2020]
    Reply With Quote #2

Finally
    Marttt
    Veteran Member
    Old 04-06-2020 , 01:58   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Incapped Weapons Patch (1.0) [06-Apr-2020]
    Reply With Quote #3

Nice, also while incapped, friendly fire seems to be deactivated, is it possible to add a toggle for this?
    Old 04-06-2020 , 05:25   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Incapped Weapons Patch (1.0) [06-Apr-2020]
    Reply With Quote #4

thankyou, works way better then the workshop addon I was using for incapped weapons, however I think the single shot shotguns may be bugged, I only tested briefly but it seemed like I couldn't freely swap back and forth between melee and shotgun.
    Silvers
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 04-06-2020 , 19:34   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Incapped Weapons Patch (1.0) [06-Apr-2020]
    Reply With Quote #5

Code:
    1.1 (06-Apr-2020)
        - Fixed hooking the L4D2 pistol cvar in L4D1. Thanks to "Alliance" for reporting.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rekcah View Post
    thankyou, works way better then the workshop addon I was using for incapped weapons, however I think the single shot shotguns may be bugged, I only tested briefly but it seemed like I couldn't freely swap back and forth between melee and shotgun.
    Linux? I tested on Windows and could switch between all shotguns and melee etc. Can't see Linux being any different. Did you change the restriction cvar and block shotguns maybe?
    Old 04-06-2020 , 22:06   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Incapped Weapons Patch (1.2) [07-Apr-2020]
    Reply With Quote #6

Very useful. Thank you !!!
    bullet28
    Old 04-06-2020 , 23:24   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Incapped Weapons Patch (1.2) [07-Apr-2020]
    Reply With Quote #7

Great plugin, thank you! Have you tried to make weapon fire cycletime as normal? I wondering if changing nextAttack prop will be enough.. but if you haven't done this as variable maybe I shouldn't even try And I hope there will be some workaround in future updates for a throwing animation (mayble block anim at all), coz when character stand up for a throw it's looks a bit confusing. I've recorded a video in case you didn't know about this https://youtu.be/g-voYwWSrug

Last edited by bullet28; 04-07-2020 at 00:16.
    Silvers
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 04-07-2020 , 01:00   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Incapped Weapons Patch (1.2) [07-Apr-2020]
    Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bullet28 View Post
    Great plugin, thank you! Have you tried to make weapon fire cycletime as normal? I wondering if changing nextAttack prop will be enough.. but if you haven't done this as variable maybe I shouldn't even try And I hope there will be some workaround in future updates for a throwing animation (mayble block anim at all), coz when character stand up for a throw it's looks a bit confusing. I've recorded a video in case you didn't know about this https://youtu.be/g-voYwWSrug
    haha uhm not sure what can be done. Would have to require Left4DHooks to block/change the animation. I mean that could be optional requirement, so maybe I'll add. Thanks for notifying.

For weapon fire rates while incapped you can use: WeaponHandling_API by Lux. Or set survivor_incapacitated_cycle_time to "0.1".

Last edited by Silvers; 04-07-2020 at 15:19.
    Dragokas
    Veteran Member
    Old 04-07-2020 , 19:16   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Incapped Weapons Patch (1.4) [07-Apr-2020]
    Reply With Quote #9

When you go incapped, number of reserve ammo become zero.
    Silvers
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 04-07-2020 , 23:23   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Incapped Weapons Patch (1.5) [08-Apr-2020]
    Reply With Quote #10

Thanks, fixed.

Code:
    1.8 (09-Apr-2020)
        - Fixed again not always restricting weapons correctly on incap. Thanks to "MasterMind420" for reporting.

1.7 (08-Apr-2020)
        - Fixed not equipping melee weapons when allowed on incap.

1.6 (08-Apr-2020)
        - Fixed breaking pistols, due to the last update.

1.5 (08-Apr-2020)
        - Fixed ammo being wiped when incapped, due to 1.3 update. Thanks to "Dragokas" for reporting.
        - Fixed not always restricting weapons correctly on incap. Thanks to "MasterMind420" for reporting.
    Now I think all these issues are finally fixes. Stupid index problems as usual, should it be != 0 or == 0. The simplest and most difficult side of programming sometimes.

Last edited by Silvers; 04-09-2020 at 06:12.