1.1.5d
Plugin Category:
General Purpose
Plugin Game:
Left 4 Dead
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:
    Plugin Description:
    Fixes friendly fire callouts for 5+ survivors.
    Old 01-26-2020 , 09:07   [L4D1?/2] 5+ Survivor Friendly Fire Quote Fix
    Reply With Quote #1

This plugin was originally renamed to Minor Scene Adjustments/Fixes.
    2 more fixes are in the plugin, but one of them is only a very minor addition and the other does not work properly.
    Thus, this has been renamed back to what it originally was, and the mourning has been disabled.

This simple plugin offers:
    - Fixes friendly fire quotes not playing for the 5th survivor or higher. Original function of the initial plugin release.

L4D2 Only
    [
    - Fix the L4D1 survivors on the L4D2 survivor set not mourning their group.
    (More simplistic than DeathChaos25's L4D1 Survivors mourn fix and is W.I.P, was planned to go into the more-stable direction by using context-based mourning. DONT USE)

- Re-adds the minor pain sound from L4D1 when pounced by a hunter and expands it to when getting grabbed by a charger.
    ]

If you have any suggestions, please comment them here. I am aware that Adjustments isn't really that fitting for this plugin since it doesn't tamper with existing scenes yet, but I'm willing to modify them based on your suggestions.

-= ConVars =-
    sm_l4d_sceneadjust_friendlyfire [0/1] = Should plugin fix friendly fire quotes not playing for 5+ survivors?

L4D2 Only
    [
    sm_l4d_sceneadjust_oof [0/1] = Should plugin make Survivors play their minor hurt sounds upon getting pounced/charged?
    sm_l4d_sceneadjust_l4d1mourn [0/1] = Should plugin fix the L4D1 survivors on L4D2 set not mourning their own group? (Disabled by default)
    ]

-= Further Info =-
    - Mourn fix is W.I.P.
    <BUG> If a dead L4D1 survivor flies around and spectates someone also on the L4D1 group, the living'll mourn them even though they aren't anywhere near the dead person's corpse.
    <BUG> The quote detection also allows L4D1 survivors to mourn more than one dead person infinitely by moving from one corpse to the next.

-= Releases =-
    Spoiler
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (SceneAdjustments.sp - 961 views - 17.9 KB)

Steam profile, where I game, obviously.
    Youtube channel, where I do Stick Death Maze animations and some other stuff.
    no plugin requests, sorry

My Plugins:
    -search list-
    Modified Plugins:
    1 | 2 | 3 | 4

Last edited by Shadowysn; 07-31-2022 at 03:09. Reason: Updated to Version 1.1.5d
    Momodo303
    Old 01-27-2020 , 23:39   Re: [L4D1?/2] Scene Adjustments/Fixes
    Reply With Quote #2

What is wrong with Zoey screams? i have never noticed anything wrong, i could just be an idiot tho haha .
    Shadowysn
    Old 01-28-2020 , 00:29   Re: [L4D1?/2] Scene Adjustments/Fixes
    Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Momodo303 View Post
    What is wrong with Zoey screams? i have never noticed anything wrong, i could just be an idiot tho haha .
    To be more precise, it's Zoey's "GET IT OFF!!" screams when she's pounced by a Hunter.

For some reason, the default talker files for Zoey broke the pounced screams for her, resulting in her staying mostly silent while a hunter tears her apart.

Steam profile, where I game, obviously.
    Youtube channel, where I do Stick Death Maze animations and some other stuff.
    no plugin requests, sorry

My Plugins:
    -search list-
    Modified Plugins:
    1 | 2 | 3 | 4
    Momodo303
    Old 01-28-2020 , 00:38   Re: [L4D1?/2] Scene Adjustments/Fixes
    Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Shadowysn View Post
    To be more precise, it's Zoey's "GET IT OFF!!" screams when she's pounced by a Hunter.

For some reason, the default talker files for Zoey broke the pounced screams for her, resulting in her staying mostly silent while a hunter tears her apart.
    Ah well i've used a talker for as long as i remember so that explains it.
    HotDiggidyD0G
    Old 09-03-2020 , 11:21   Re: [L4D1?/2] Scene Adjustments/Fixes
    Reply With Quote #5

Hello, is there upcoming updates for this plugin? I am using scene processor + survivor mourn fix and team kill reactions from DeathChaos25 and I am wondering if this plugin adds the features from those three combined but with less hassle?
    Shadowysn
    Old 09-03-2020 , 12:01   Re: [L4D1?/2] Scene Adjustments/Fixes
    Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
    Originally Posted by HotDiggidyD0G View Post
    Hello, is there upcoming updates for this plugin? I am using scene processor + survivor mourn fix and team kill reactions from DeathChaos25 and I am wondering if this plugin adds the features from those three combined but with less hassle?
    I haven't been that active in updating my old plugins nowadays, but you're free to suggest what I can add.

The mourning fix is W.I.P., is simplistic and may not play at times, but comparing it with the last time I remember using DeathChaos25's mourning plugin, it's less spammy.

There's also the friendly fire response fix for 5+ survivors, where it fixes the extra survivors staying silent after getting friendly-fired. Use it if you have 5+ survivors on your team.

But other than the survivors emitting small pain sounds when a Hunter pounces them or a Charger grabs them,
    (In L4D1, survivors originally made a small pain noise when getting pounced on by a Hunter. It was missing from L4D2. That's why I made that very small addition to the plugin.)

TL;DR Only survivor mourn fix is included and supposed to be less spammy, but is experimental and may not play.
    Only other 2 fixes include 5+ survivor friendly fire quotes, and minor pain sounds on pounce/charge.
    HotDiggidyD0G
    Old 09-04-2020 , 02:08   Re: [L4D1?/2] Scene Adjustments/Fixes
    Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Shadowysn View Post
    I haven't been that active in updating my old plugins nowadays, but you're free to suggest what I can add.

The mourning fix is W.I.P., is simplistic and may not play at times, but comparing it with the last time I remember using DeathChaos25's mourning plugin, it's less spammy.

There's also the friendly fire response fix for 5+ survivors, where it fixes the extra survivors staying silent after getting friendly-fired. Use it if you have 5+ survivors on your team.

But other than the survivors emitting small pain sounds when a Hunter pounces them or a Charger grabs them,
    (In L4D1, survivors originally made a small pain noise when getting pounced on by a Hunter. It was missing from L4D2. That's why I made that very small addition to the plugin.)

TL;DR Only survivor mourn fix is included and supposed to be less spammy, but is experimental and may not play.
    Only other 2 fixes include 5+ survivor friendly fire quotes, and minor pain sounds on pounce/charge.
    I'm possibly hoping the W.I.P is fixed. Addon works well for me and does wonders. Thanks mate.
    Sev
    Veteran Member
    Old 09-30-2020 , 11:03   Re: [L4D1?/2] Scene Adjustments/Fixes
    Reply With Quote #8

It seems like the new talker Valve/the Community team added fixes and added new things. Unfortunately a lot of things are still tied to whatever survivor set is being used, so half of the fixes go out the window rather than just having a talker that works independent of the sets. So the mourn fix here is still needed.
    sbrblz
    Old 08-18-2021 , 00:02   Re: [L4D1?/2] Scene Adjustments/Fixes
    Reply With Quote #9

This plugin works pretty good for friendly fire quotes. The only thing is when transitioning to the next map the quotes no longer work. Manually reloading the plugin on map change fixes it, so I added
    Code:
    sm plugins reload sceneadjustments.smx
    to the end of my server.cfg file and it works great now.
    HarryPotter
    Veteran Member
    Old 03-10-2022 , 09:09   Re: [L4D1?/2] Scene Adjustments/Fixes
    Reply With Quote #10

version 1.1.5b

line 365~366 in Event player_hurt
    PHP Code:
        int attacker GetClientOfUserId(attackerID);
        if (!
    IsValidClient(client) || !IsSurvivor(attacker) || attacker == client) return; 
    Should be
    PHP Code:
        int attacker GetClientOfUserId(attackerID);
        if (!
    IsValidClient(attacker) || !IsSurvivor(attacker) || attacker == client) return; 

Last edited by HarryPotter; 03-10-2022 at 09:10.