Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[ANY] Hit Registration Fix Plugin (bullet displacement by 1 tick)

Post New Thread Reply   

KoMiKoZa
Old 08-29-2019 , 16:12   Re: [ANY] Hit Registration Fix Plugin (bullet displacement by 1 tick)
Reply With Quote #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xutax_Kamay View Post
Sorry I didn't even see your post, and yea sure, would be awesome
Thank you
Oi,

Our conversation was recently cleaned up by moderators as it had been derailing (large ad hominems by the guy and others joining in).

Basically, you won't find anything useful in it but I'll post the version of what remains and what I remember.

Spoiler

I wouldn't take the guy seriously. I even pointed out he behaves pretty inadequately and I couldn't take him seriously because of that.

As to your question, I haven't tested this in particular because I'd hoped the guy would bring proofs, but I guess I'll have to do that now. I'll run tests on my own and add to that topic and this one as well. Not sure when I'll have time to test this specifically.

Last edited by KoMiKoZa; 08-29-2019 at 16:21.
Xutax_Kamay
Old 09-04-2019 , 15:30   Re: [ANY] Hit Registration Fix Plugin (bullet displacement by 1 tick)
Reply With Quote #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoMiKoZa View Post
Oi,

Our conversation was recently cleaned up by moderators as it had been derailing (large ad hominems by the guy and others joining in).

Basically, you won't find anything useful in it but I'll post the version of what remains and what I remember.

Spoiler

I wouldn't take the guy seriously. I even pointed out he behaves pretty inadequately and I couldn't take him seriously because of that.

As to your question, I haven't tested this in particular because I'd hoped the guy would bring proofs, but I guess I'll have to do that now. I'll run tests on my own and add to that topic and this one as well. Not sure when I'll have time to test this specifically.
Well I guess it took you time to write it all that up so thank you.

I'll test it myself, but I'm pretty sure that it doesn't do anything except disabling lag compensation for others players that you're shooting against, don't waste much too your time on it.

I can agree that in the past I was really immature sometimes, but you know everything change with time

Last edited by Xutax_Kamay; 09-04-2019 at 15:31.
backwards
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-06-2019 , 17:04   Re: [ANY] Hit Registration Fix Plugin (bullet displacement by 1 tick)
Reply With Quote #63

After reviewing the source code I think you may have messed up the logic.

https://github.com/XutaxKamay/firebu...letsfix.sp#L84

You are obtaining the position from the most recent user command processed on the server. This will be the real time position the player currently is at. When using lag compensation all the targets along with the attacker should be re-winded back in time to the positions they were when the shoot command was issued. The usercmd packet includes a field "tick_count" which is the data used to sync the client-server for prediction.

The position you really want to teleport the player to would be the position the player was at in the issued tick_count usercmd + 1. (If the firebullets pos is really using old player pos) I might be missing something though so correct me if i'm wrong.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-07-2019 , 02:29   Re: [ANY] Hit Registration Fix Plugin (bullet displacement by 1 tick)
Reply With Quote #64

Ya plugin mess even more my server... so or i have a problem on server or plugin have a problem.
Send a message via MSN to MAMAC Send a message via Yahoo to MAMAC
Xutax_Kamay
Old 10-27-2019 , 14:05   Re: [ANY] Hit Registration Fix Plugin (bullet displacement by 1 tick)
Reply With Quote #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAMAC View Post
Ya plugin mess even more my server... so or i have a problem on server or plugin have a problem.
Can you elaborate more?

What game?

A video would be cool to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337norway View Post

You are obtaining the position from the most recent user command processed on the server. This will be the real time position the player currently is at. When using lag compensation all the targets along with the attacker should be re-winded back in time to the positions they were when the shoot command was issued. The usercmd packet includes a field "tick_count" which is the data used to sync the client-server for prediction.

The position you really want to teleport the player to would be the position the player was at in the issued tick_count usercmd + 1. (If the firebullets pos is really using old player pos) I might be missing something though so correct me if i'm wrong.

We discussed about it on steam I guess it's not anymore needed to talk about it here o:

Last edited by Xutax_Kamay; 10-27-2019 at 16:12.
luidgi
Old 11-28-2019 , 06:34   Re: [ANY] Hit Registration Fix Plugin (bullet displacement by 1 tick)
Reply With Quote #66

Can you help in setting up the plugin?
The plugin has no errors, but everyone says that when shooting at a character’s model, the bullet flies by
VerMon
Old 01-07-2020 , 20:39   Re: [ANY] Hit Registration Fix Plugin (bullet displacement by 1 tick)
Reply With Quote #67

Why don't you keep the old eye angle as well?
Because now there is used old eye location but current direction of view.
It also plays a role, and a big one, especially at long distances.
Also, maybe will be better not to shift the tick when you attacked using knife?

Hook FireBullets function and pass old arguments instead current one by changing m_vecDirShooting and m_vecSrc.
Because m_vecSrc
itself taken from Weapon_ShootPosition, and m_vecDirShooting is calculated in place.
So the is only way.

Last edited by VerMon; 01-07-2020 at 21:15.
VerMon
Old 01-07-2020 , 20:52   Re: [ANY] Hit Registration Fix Plugin (bullet displacement by 1 tick)
Reply With Quote #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337norway View Post

void CLagCompensationManager::StartLagCompensation should not happen for the attacker, It is real time for the player but not for others, we should only rewind them
// Don't lag compensate yourself you loser...
if ( player == pPlayer )
{
continue;
}
Xutax_Kamay
Old 01-09-2020 , 07:55   Re: [ANY] Hit Registration Fix Plugin (bullet displacement by 1 tick)
Reply With Quote #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by VerMon View Post
Why don't you keep the old eye angle as well?
Because now there is used old eye location but current direction of view.
It also plays a role, and a big one, especially at long distances.
Also, maybe will be better not to shift the tick when you attacked using knife?

Hook FireBullets function and pass old arguments instead current one by changing m_vecDirShooting and m_vecSrc.
Because m_vecSrc
itself taken from Weapon_ShootPosition, and m_vecDirShooting is calculated in place.
So the is only way.
I do not suggest to anyone doing this.

This bug occurs only for moving data (localplayer's data, the most noticeable, position one) that are processed by
Code:
CGameMovement::ProcessMovement
and used in events in PostThink +/-.

I'll try to make this more clear, for example:

- Once
Code:
CGameMovement::ProcessMovement
has processed the computation of the player's origin, your position is shifted by 1 tick:

1) Because of the rendering process (in order to smooth out the game) there is 1 tick of interpolation in the client's code (https://github.com/ValveSoftware/sou...tity.cpp#L2822) from predicted data.

2) But even if you remove interpolation, the bug will still occurs and still take the next position to shoot because the predicted data hasn't been saved yet for rendering since it is still in computation (stuck in RunCommand).

Which results to shoots from your next position and not current rendering one.

3) Since the viewangles are not modified in any ways by ProcessMovement (excepted teleportation) and sent by the user directly computed in CreateMove (ExtraMouseSample), it is not delayed.

Last edited by Xutax_Kamay; 01-09-2020 at 07:56.
DevilGames21
Old 01-16-2020 , 14:44   Re: [ANY] Hit Registration Fix Plugin (bullet displacement by 1 tick)
Reply With Quote #70

Hello!
Can this plugin fix the knife hit registration ? When someone knife an other player he hears the sound from the knife but the other player doesnt take damage.

Thanks.