-= Credits =-
| ProdigySim created the whole code for indirectly getting signatures so the plugin can now last most updates to L4D2 without breaking!
Here's the original fork of the new plugin by ProdigySim.
Spawn specials without being limited by the director's enforced rules.
Also works as a general infected spawning command plugin.
-= Tested Games =-
L4D1 (Plugin Version 1.1.4)
-= Commands =-
sm_dzspawn <zombie> <number> <mode>
= Spawn a special infected, bypassing the limit enforced by the game. Example: sm_dzspawn hunter 10 1.
For <number>, it is the number of the specified infected you'd like to spawn. If no number is defined, it defaults to 1.
For <mode>, it toggles whether not to use a (simple) trace. If 1, the trace won't be used, and instead the infected will spawn at your location.
If <zomb> isn't specified or is an invalid string, it'll spawn a common instead.
Extra parameters for <zombie>: chase.
= Open a menu for spawning infected.
-= Further Info =-
- Spawned specials with this command will not have an infected player in Versus take over that bot.
(Can be a good or bad thing.)
- Swapped <mode> and <number> locations.
- Fixed timer errors with getting entities.
- Updated to work with SM 1.11.
- Signature fix for Infected::AttackSurvivorTeam.
- Plugin no longer completely fails if the AttackSurvivorTeam signature is invalid.
- ProdigySim's method for indirectly getting signatures added.
- Signature fix for 12/10/2020.
- Signature fix for 12/2/2020.
- Bride Witch now successfully calls a horde upon the witch being alerted.
- Hotfix for The Last Stand update.
- Added 'Bride Witch' option for L4D2. However, it is only a model change. Startling will not alert a horde.
- Added chasing variant of common. Use "chase" as <zomb> parameter or choose "Chasing Common" in menu to spawn an automatically-chasing infected.
- Discarding unneeded angle parameters. Could've potentially fixed the initial spawning sounds for the specials.
- Prevented Jockey, Spitter and Charger showing in menu if game is L4D1.
- Added witch and common to spawnlist.
- Added sm_mdzs which opens up a menu to spawn infected.
- Added <number> to spawn a number of infected in one go.
- Command will attempt to kick dead infected bots if it detects the client count has been exceeded.
- Initial release.
-= How to Install
Move the .txt file to your gamedata
folder inside the Sourcemod directory. The plugin, by itself, will auto-generate the gamedata needed if it doesn't find one, hence this being optional.
- Move the compiled .smx file to your plugins
folder inside the Sourcemod directory.
IF YOU HAVE AN OLDER GAMEDATA .txt FILE, YOU MUST EITHER DELETE AND LET THE NEW PLUGIN AUTO-GENERATE OR REPLACE IT WITH A NEW ONE!