Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Solved Read file backwards

Post New Thread Reply   

iceeedr
Veteran Member
Old 10-15-2019 , 13:34   Read file backwards
Reply With Quote #1

Hello AM, I populate a menu with data from an .ini file, however, I would like to populate the menu with data from Back to Front (newer to older), but I found nothing about...

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
Please stop trying to help. You appear to just be posting random stuff. Wait until you actually understand more about AMX Mod X and how the game works.
https://iceeedr.com.br/

Last edited by iceeedr; 10-17-2019 at 06:33.
Send a message via Skype™ to iceeedr
JocAnis
Veteran Member
Old 10-15-2019 , 13:59   Re: Read file backwards
Reply With Quote #2

store all lines into array, then add all items from the array from the LAST added, going descending...? you will know that to make bro

My blog: http://primekz.xyz (in progress...) - not active (dec 2022)
AmXDusT
Old 10-16-2019 , 17:55   Re: Read file backwards
Reply With Quote #3

Not sure if that would work, but you can try recursion
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 10-16-2019 , 18:16   Re: Read file backwards
Reply With Quote #4

It would work and is the simplest way to handle this, IMO.
Old 10-16-2019 , 18:18   Re: Read file backwards
Reply With Quote #5

What "recursion" is? My english didn't figure out what you're trying to tell me haha

Quote:
Please stop trying to help. You appear to just be posting random stuff. Wait until you actually understand more about AMX Mod X and how the game works.
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 10-16-2019 , 18:30   Re: Read file backwards
Reply With Quote #6

Don't listen to him, just do as JocAnis suggested, this is not that complicated.
Old 10-16-2019 , 23:02   Re: Read file backwards
Reply With Quote #7

Simplesmente, você le o arquivo normalmente de cima pra baixo e quando você for registrar o menu, comece do ultimo, pegando os valores decrescentes. Tipo, normalmente se utiliza o loop usando ++, é só você trocar pro --, tipo assim:

PHP Code:
// "i" will start with the MAX_VALUE readed, the loop will continue 'til the "i" be equal to or less than 0.
for(new ArraySize(g_arIniFileData);0;i--) 
E provavelmente, quando você for registrar o menu, mesmo usando o loop ao contrário, quando você for selecionar a opção ele ainda vai começar do 0 ao valor maximo que você registrar, então é necessário você passar a ID do item também pro handler, assim você pode saber que opção EXATA o jogador vai selecionar.

Basically:

Simply, you read the file normally, and when you'd create the menu, use the loop backwards, instead of increasing, you decrese the value, something like I showed. And probably, when you do register the menu, even using the reverse loop, after you select the option it'll still start from the 0 to the max value you registered without the menu_get_iteminfo, so you'll need to pass the ID of the item to the menu handler, with this, you'll be able to know which EXACT option the player would select.

• Discord: EFFEXo#8850 • Steam: EFFEXo

Last edited by EFFx; 10-16-2019 at 23:11.
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 10-16-2019 , 23:17   Re: Read file backwards
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFFx View Post
Simplesmente, você le o arquivo normalmente de cima pra baixo e quando você for registrar o menu, comece do ultimo, pegando os valores decrescentes. Tipo, normalmente se utiliza o loop usando ++, é só você trocar pro --, tipo assim:

PHP Code:
// "i" will start with the MAX_VALUE readed, the loop will continue 'til the "i" be equal to or less than 0.
for(new ArraySize(g_arIniFileData);0;i--) 
E provavelmente, quando você for registrar o menu, mesmo usando o loop ao contrário, quando você for selecionar a opção ele ainda vai começar do 0 ao valor maximo que você registrar, então é necessário você passar a ID do item também pro handler, assim você pode saber que opção EXATA o jogador vai selecionar.

Basically:

Simply, you read the file normally, and when you'd create the menu, use the loop backwards, instead of increasing, you decrese the value, something like I showed. And probably, when you do register the menu, even using the reverse loop, after you select the option it'll still start from the 0 to the max value you registered without the menu_get_iteminfo, so you'll need to pass the ID of the item to the menu handler, with this, you'll be able to know which EXACT option the player would select.
for(new i = ArraySize(g_arIniFileData);i > 0;i--)

should be

for(new i = ArraySize(g_arIniFileData) - 1 ; i >= 0 ;i--)

or you will get an index out of bounds on the first pass using g_arIniFileData[ i ] and you also want to allow 0 to be accessed so >= 0 should be used.
Old 10-17-2019 , 06:32   Re: Read file backwards
Reply With Quote #9

It worked, thanks to everyone who helped me, my mistake was at the end of the loop, because instead of decreasing I was adding value (inattention).

Quote:
Natsheh
Veteran Member
Old 10-17-2019 , 07:50   Re: Read file backwards
Reply With Quote #10

Hello you also could use fseek

More info from the documentation

Spoiler
@VIP System 100% done !

Send a message via MSN to Natsheh Send a message via Skype™ to Natsheh