Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

How-To: Play L4D2 with 5+ player co-op using your own server by a newb

Post New Thread Reply   

Dusii
Old 09-07-2019 , 15:58   Re: How-To: Play L4D2 with 5+ player co-op using your own server by a newb
Reply With Quote #31

Wow, great that this is not dead!

hmm I did not instal your mentioned versions, some of your links were dead, I took the latest ones. because I was not able to find all old versions. And once I did it, server have issues like i written before, than I took version L4toolz from Spirit_12, because we have almost the same errors.

I established Local server and joined to them, but I am worry about that my 5th friend will not be able to join.

@ spirit_12: I have worries about Unknown command "sv_removehumanlimit".

Do you think that I sould reinstal all addons or whole game ?

by the way thx for supp guys
Spirit_12
Veteran Member
Old 09-08-2019 , 03:14   Re: How-To: Play L4D2 with 5+ player co-op using your own server by a newb
Reply With Quote #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusii View Post
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...postcount=1211

As you can see. That Cvar has been long gone.
Old 09-09-2019 , 12:24   Re: How-To: Play L4D2 with 5+ player co-op using your own server by a newb
Reply With Quote #33

Quote:
Wow, great that this is not dead!

hmm I did not instal your mentioned versions, some of your links were dead, I took the latest ones. because I was not able to find all old versions. And once I did it, server have issues like i written before, than I took version L4toolz from Spirit_12, because we have almost the same errors.

I established Local server and joined to them, but I am worry about that my 5th friend will not be able to join.

Do you think that I sould reinstal all addons or whole game ?

by the way thx for supp guys
It looks like one link is dead so I'll check that out. It does look like sv_removehumanlimit is no longer needed as of 2013 as mentioned in the post above. I'll try to find time to walk through this again but I too don't get together with 5+ pals for in-person lan parties often these days so testing and debugging also had to wait until the night of unfortunately.
Dusii
Old 09-11-2019 , 04:27   Re: How-To: Play L4D2 with 5+ player co-op using your own server by a newb
Reply With Quote #34

there are these errors still, but we are able to play with 5 other friends.
So thank you once again guys
protivakid
Old 09-12-2019 , 11:15   Re: How-To: Play L4D2 with 5+ player co-op using your own server by a newb
Reply With Quote #35

Quote:
Glad the guide helped someone
protivakid
Old 12-27-2019 , 11:28   Re: How-To: Play L4D2 with 5+ player co-op using your own server by a newb
Reply With Quote #36

Major updates to the guide. Fixed dead links. Tested and added new(er) versions of some of the files. Added some new fixes. Corrected some hints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit_12 View Post
I’m not sure you understand those issues. Allow me to elaborate.

Witch - when you have a clone of a survivor and one of them startled the witch. There is a high chance that the witch will attack the wrong clone.

Charger Bump - If a charger hits a survivor clone and the next one survivor in its way is the same survivor model it will get stuck.

Campaign Ending score - scoring goes bad when you have clones as well. You will see same scores for two survivors at the ending credits.

As you can see this has nothing to do with difficulty.
I have tested the plugins with my friends and updated the guide. Thank you for the feedback

Quote:
I too saw some errors but followed my own guide again last week and was able to play without any issues.
Alabasca
Old 01-13-2020 , 15:57   Re: How-To: Play L4D2 with 5+ player co-op using your own server by a newb
Reply With Quote #37

So my problem is, after turn on the SCRD file to host dedicte server, I can't launch the game through steam... Picture show under, anyone know what the hek is my problem :< ppls help.

https://imgur.com/a/yEOyzkU
Spirit_12
Veteran Member
Old 01-13-2020 , 20:16   Re: How-To: Play L4D2 with 5+ player co-op using your own server by a newb
Reply With Quote #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabasca View Post
So my problem is, after turn on the SCRD file to host dedicte server, I can't launch the game through steam... Picture show under, anyone know what the hek is my problem :< ppls help.

https://imgur.com/a/yEOyzkU
That's because steam already the game is already running as you have srcds running. Follow the steps in order and it will launch.
  • launch game.
  • alt-tab
  • launch srcds
Old 01-14-2020 , 04:46   Re: How-To: Play L4D2 with 5+ player co-op using your own server by a newb
Reply With Quote #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit_12 View Post
That's because steam already the game is already running as you have srcds running. Follow the steps in order and it will launch.
  • launch game.
  • alt-tab
  • launch srcds
To add to that
You can close steam
Launch server
Launch steam

and start up and stop l4d2 game client without have to stop the server incase you crash(have to redo if server crashes)

Commission me for L4D
Alabasca
Old 01-14-2020 , 10:06   Re: How-To: Play L4D2 with 5+ player co-op using your own server by a newb
Reply With Quote #40

Tks Lux and Spirit_12