Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TF2] Uber Upgrades v0.9.4 (beta version 11/14/2013)

Post New Thread Reply   

MaloModo
Veteran Member
Old 09-10-2019 , 12:18   Re: [TF2] Uber Upgrades v0.9.4 (beta version 11/14/2013)
Reply With Quote #211

I guess I will ask one last time. Does anyone care to take this over...it is much in need of some love
PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 09-10-2019 , 13:35   Re: [TF2] Uber Upgrades v0.9.4 (beta version 11/14/2013)
Reply With Quote #212

I try to answer most questions that come up in this thread. The author of this thread (Mr. L/Lobnico) has also answered several questions in the Uber Upgrades Mod steam group.

The challenge for this plugin is the external dependencies that are needed before Uber Upgrades will work.

Some of the challenges:
1. Install TF2 Dedicated Server
2. Install Metamod:Source
3. Install Sourcemod
4. Install TF2Items
5. Install TF2Itemsinfo
6. Install TF2Attributes
7. Install Map Configs with prefix support
8. Change script execution timeout to 0 in: sourcemod/config/core.cfg
9. Ensure ALL of the above are completed and all plugins are working.
10. Read every message in this thread to ensure you have the right versions of above and you understand how to automatically load and unload plugins on map changes.

Once all of the above is done you can install and use Uber Upgrades.

Your experience with Uber Upgrades (UU) will vary depending on the server running it. Sadly, most UU servers run the same Orange map all day long which is not required to make UU work. My Server runs a few hundred maps with Bots who also get upgrades which makes it challenging. I think UU would work best on an MvM server but I ran into a weird issue where the server kicked players on map change.
The enigma
Old 09-17-2019 , 05:15   Re: [TF2] Uber Upgrades v0.9.4 (beta version 11/14/2013)
Reply With Quote #213

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC Gamer View Post
When new weapon classes are added into the game you have to manually add them into your Uber Upgrades configuration files.

For example, the Air Strike rocket launcher was introduced into the game. It has a weapon class of "tf_weapon_rocketlaucher_airstrike". That weapon class didn't exist in the \sourcemod\configs\uu_weapons.txt file. So... you have to add it and link it to a menu that appear in the list of menus (\sourcemod\configs\uu_lists.txt). We want to upgrade with the same menu options of any other rocket launcher so we'll use the existing menu for rocket launchers which is "expweap".

So... for the example to work you'd use a good notepad editor like Notepad++ to edit the file "\sourcemod\configs\uu_weapons.txt". Your edit will be to add this line:

"tf_weapons_rocketlauncher_airstrike" "expweap"

While you are at it, add this line for the Classic sniper rifle to allow sniper rifle menu upgrades:

"tf_weapon_sniperrifle_classic" "snipe"

Doing the above will allow your players to upgrade the Air Strike like any other rocket launcher and the Classic like any other sniper rifle.

That doesn't help you with the some of the Inferno weapons (Dragon's Fury, Hot Hand, Gas Passer). Those weapons don't really have an exact in game equivalent.

For the Hot Hand, you may want to treat it like any other Pyro melee weapon. If so, you could add the weapon class to your "uu_weapons.txt" file and link it to to the existing pyro melee weapons menu like this:

"tf_weapon_slap" "melpyr"

However, for the Dragon's Fury and Gas Passer you'll probably want to develop a new menu list by editing the "uu_lists.txt" file. This isn't easy, but can be done. Menu items in that list have to match existing attributes in the "uu_attributes.txt" file as well as the "\sourcemod\translations\tf2items_uu.phrases. txt" file. The "uu_attributes.txt" file is also where you can edit the cost of a specific upgrade.

Weapon classes for Inferno items are: tf_weapon_rocketlauncher_fireball, tf_weapon_rocketpack, tf_weapon_jar_gas, and tf_weapon_slap

You can visit my server (HappyLand Uber Upgrades and Bots) to get an idea on what attributes to use with inferno weapon upgrades.

I hope this helps.

Hey I've been watching this thread for a while now and a lot of help for sure, but I can not get any changes to work. I don't know if asking for a similar copy to yours would be possible but wondering whether a combination of things such as plugin (from the download or someones edited sp, to configs or tf2itemsinfo plugin.)

I've tried adding new weapons but that doesn't seem to work, using the air strike example, and also things like gunboats dont work either. Shotguns except for engineer dont work. And after switching to that class that uses a shotgun will use the previous classes secondary upgrades (and obviously not working.) Is there a copy of the plugin / configs can I test to see what my issue may be.
MaloModo
Veteran Member
Old 07-16-2020 , 14:32   Re: [TF2] Uber Upgrades v0.9.4 (beta version 11/14/2013)
Reply With Quote #214

Hate to bump an old plugin but some one was asking about this one the other day. Anyone still around who would like to update this? I still have a few TF2 servers up and would be nice to get this going again
PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 07-19-2020 , 00:45   Re: [TF2] Uber Upgrades v0.9.4 (beta version 11/14/2013)
Reply With Quote #215

MaloModo, attached is a version of Uber Upgrades that I edited and use on my HappyLand server.

It is likely that someone with near zero attention span will take the time and effort to post a complaint on why this plugin doesn't work but won't take the time to read any of the previous posts in this thread telling them exactly how to make it work. Note to that person: This plugin will not work for you if you don't take the time to read previous posts in this thread on how to make it work for you. I know getting this plugin to run isn't easy but I've been continuously running it successfully since it was published. Read and heed the posts in this thread and you will be rewarded with success.

Here's what I recall that make this edited version different from stock version:

1. Money amount given to players is a fixed rate of 100 per kill. You can change amount per kill in the console with something like: sm_uu_moneybonuskill 300
2. Initial starting money given is 1500 credits. You can change starting amount in the console with something like: sm_uu_startmoney 4500
3. You don't receive any of your victim's money.
4. Money doesn't increase exponentially if you play with Bots.
5. Players are given full credit for assists (great for Medics).
6. You don't lose upgrades or money when the game or an Admin changes your team.
7. You lose upgrades and some money when you voluntarily change teams.
8. You keep your upgrades between rounds.
9. Dragons Fury, Thermal Thruster, Gas Passer, Hot Hand, Neon Annihilator weapons are supported.
10. Wrangler, Short Circuit, B.A.S.E. Jumper, Gun Boats, Mantreads weapons are supported.
11. Huntsman, Fortified Compound, The Classic weapons are supported.
12. Shotgun, Razorback, Cleaners Carbine weapons are supported.
13. Many upgrades added. Too many to list.
14. Qbuy command removed due to several player exploits. Added other exploit preventions.
15. Player command added to remove all upgrades and refund money to player: !refund
16. Admin command added to remove all upgrades and refund money to targeted player: !wipeall

I believe all weapons are supported. Try the stock version of your weapon if your strange/renamed/painted weapon doesn't seem to work with Uber Upgrades.

You probably won't like the cost or values of some upgrade items. Feel free to edit them as you see fit in the uu_attributes.txt file.

Enjoy!

Edit: Did some very limited code cleanup on 23Sep2022 for the version attached to this message. It isn't pretty but compiles without errors.
Attached Files
File Type: txt tf2items_uu.phrases.txt (30.4 KB, 227 views)
File Type: txt uu_attributes.txt (54.4 KB, 233 views)
File Type: txt uu_lists.txt (87.3 KB, 226 views)
File Type: txt uu_specialtweaks.txt (3.7 KB, 222 views)
File Type: txt uu_weapons.txt (3.2 KB, 234 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (tf2attributes_ubup.sp - 84 views - 89.8 KB)
File Type: smx tf2attributes_ubup.smx (63.3 KB, 111 views)

Last edited by PC Gamer; 09-23-2022 at 04:03.
Razorsuxtbh
Old 08-20-2020 , 21:09   Re: [TF2] Uber Upgrades v0.9.4 (beta version 11/14/2013)
Reply With Quote #216

Hi! I made my own public modification for Uber Upgrades. Here's some features.
-Qbuy now works with different types of body categories.
-Qbuy is extended to 100,000
-Gas passer now behaves correctly with resistance
-MvM support (at least for money)
-Money is capped to 300 billion
-Money is now spread across other people equally
-Panic attack & other shotguns are equipped properly
-Parachute works on Demoman now
-All weapons have support
-Custom Attributes
-Support for more attributes (like proj speed working on short circuit, or blast radius on jarate)
-Firerate support for secondary fires
-Corrected menu grammar

I intend this to be used as a base for making your own spin-off. Don't just use it without any modifications!
https://github.com/RazorSuxTbh/Fixed-Uber-Upgrades
MaloModo
Veteran Member
Old 04-08-2021 , 10:56   Re: [TF2] Uber Upgrades v0.9.4 (beta version 11/14/2013)
Reply With Quote #217

I'm back again I was asked recently about this and so I thought I would put the feelers out there one more time. Anyone willing to patch this fun mod up? I am willing to throw a few bones at a proven capable scripter.

Last edited by MaloModo; 04-08-2021 at 11:01.
eyesofcreeper
Old 04-08-2021 , 10:58   Re: [TF2] Uber Upgrades v0.9.4 (beta version 11/14/2013)
Reply With Quote #218

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaloModo View Post
I'm back again I was asked recently about this and so I thought I would put the feelers out there one more time. Anyone willing to patch this fun mod up? I am willing to throw a few bones at a proven compatible scripter.
That'd be extremely nice
Send a message via Skype™ to eyesofcreeper
PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 04-09-2021 , 02:07   Re: [TF2] Uber Upgrades v0.9.4 (beta version 11/14/2013)
Reply With Quote #219

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaloModo View Post
Anyone willing to patch this fun mod up?
Did you try the patched version provided by Razorsuxtbh on 20 August?

Did you try the patched version provided by me on 18 July?

If so, what didn't you like about those versions that you feel still needs patching?
GnomeChompski
Old 06-17-2021 , 18:15   Re: [TF2] Uber Upgrades v0.9.4 (beta version 11/14/2013)
Reply With Quote #220

Has anyone updated this to include all weapon reskins? noticed quite a few of mine like the braincandy minigun doesn't get damage stuff for example, but if i use stock its fine.

Last edited by GnomeChompski; 06-17-2021 at 18:36.