Wondering if someone in the team is in their last life? Tired of having to say "I'm about to die here. I need a medkit or someone to heal me." through the chat or the microphone? Not anymore.
This plugin works differently for both L4D games. In L4D1, it creates a white glow around the survivor who's going to die while in L4D2, it places a grave on the top of their heads and giving a white aura around it to help other players notice faster.
Using this will also enable the ability to give auras to players in the case of the server having some kind of a VIP reward plugin or something similar to that installed.
Unfortunately, the new method in L4D2 doesn't support all of the custom campaigns as a few of them will provide unexpected results due to the way the maps were made. It has support for Lux
's [L4D2]AdaWong Survivor
- black_and_white_notifier_version (Default: 1.56)
|Version of this plugin.|
- bawn_notify [0 / 1] (Default:1)
|Enable/disable notifications that come from this plugin.|
- bawn_notify_mode [0 / 1] (Default: 1)
|How should the plugin print out its notifications? 0 = Through chat texts, 1 = Through hint boxes.|
- bawn_left_announce [0 /1] (Default: 1)
|Enable/disable the announcements of other things related in the notifications.|
- bawn_left_counter [0 / 1] (Default: 1)
|Enable/disable the number of survivors alive when the notifications get printed out.|
- Get the .smx file and put in your SourceMod's plugin folder.
- If recompiling, the glow.inc file has been included in the attachments below just in case.
- In Questionable Ethics and Suicide Blitz 2 campaigns, it reverts back to the old method of giving a white aura around the survivor's (who's in the B/W state) body.
The reason why is because the new method spawns a different entity model for those maps and making the clients crash.
- For the original [L4D/2] Black and White Notifier
- For their [L4D1] Witch Glow
plugin, which what became as the inspiration for the new method for L4D1.
- For the idea of using the Think function from SDKHooks to make the glow entity for L4D1 be processed smoothly and better.
- For the idea of using the PostThinkPost function from SDKHooks in order for the glow entity for L4D1 to animate accurately.
X First release.
+ Now precaches the grave model when maps are loaded
. (My bad.)
+ Moved from Think to PostThinkPost for most accurate animation of the glow entity in L4D1
. (Thanks Lux!)