Suppresses specified messages from the server console. There is an extension for [ANY] game with the exact same functionality. I created this to demonstrate another method and because some [L4D/2] server owners don't look at stuff for [ANY] game and have been complaining about server console spam.
This only stops messages which are inside the games "server" or "engine" library if you specify that in the gamedata. This cannot suppress dynamic messages such as those from chat or plugins.
I would suggest using [ANY] Cleaner - Console warning supressor
- Open the gamedata .txt and duplicate the last entry from "Addresses" and "Signatures" sections.
- When duplicating for example "SpamPatch_Sig1" you must change the number to be 1 more than the last entry.
- If any numbers are missing it will stop looking for more, so the numbers must be sequential.
- Enter the string you want to block from it's first character otherwise they still show in console.
- The string should be long enough to be unique but is not required to be full length.
- Added 2 new entries. Removed 1 bad entry.
- Fixed GameData file not loading all patches.
- Thanks to "Electr000999" for reporting.
- Only GameData file changed.
- Added better error log message when gamedata file is missing.
- Various changes to tidy up code.
- Renamed gamedata vars "SpamPatch_Add" to "SpamPatch_Sig" for easier editing and duplication.
- If updating from 1.0 either rename these strings or download the new gamedata.
- Initial release.
- Click "Get Plugin" and put the .smx file into your servers \addons\sourcemod\plugins\ folder.
- Download the "l4d_console_spam.txt" gamedata file and put into your servers \addons\sourcemod\gamedata\ folder.