Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Avoid forwards (thinks, cmd)

Post New Thread Reply   

HamletEagle
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 05-22-2019 , 15:47   Re: Avoid forwards (thinks, cmd)
Reply With Quote #11

It depends on which buttons, you already got alternatives in the posts above. For some things, you need to check continuously and it's perfectly fine, for others you have a better way - for example PrimaryAttack for IN_ATTACK. But you have to realize that PrimaryAttack still relies internally on frame forwards, it is called from ItemPostFrame which is in turn called from PostThink.

It seems you have a lot of scripting questions so you should post your questions in scripting help instead. Also search, you can find answers for your last question.

Last edited by HamletEagle; 05-22-2019 at 15:48.
SomewhereLost
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-22-2019 , 15:58   Re: Avoid forwards (thinks, cmd)
Reply With Quote #12

I think I am the only person on this forum who does the most searches before posting something. I did not find anything, all I found was around 5 websites where all of them are using prethink for the same thing I wish to achieve, but Im p sure there is an alternative for it.
Gaze Upon My Hat
Old 05-23-2019 , 13:57   Re: Avoid forwards (thinks, cmd)
Reply With Quote #13

First of all, are you experiencing performance issues? I don't see the point on this. I'm actually editing a completely modded CS 1.6 server using bunch of callbacks and hooks since 9 years ago, haven't noticed anything strange in terms of performance while I keep adding and adding things. It's up to you, we're in 2019, AMXX 1.9 is faster and enough to run in modern machines.
SomewhereLost
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-23-2019 , 14:49   Re: Avoid forwards (thinks, cmd)
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by meTaLiCroSS View Post
First of all, are you experiencing performance issues? I don't see the point on this. I'm actually editing a completely modded CS 1.6 server using bunch of callbacks and hooks since 9 years ago, haven't noticed anything strange in terms of performance while I keep adding and adding things. It's up to you, we're in 2019, AMXX 1.9 is faster and enough to run in modern machines.
To be honest I am, people complaining about lags while myself have none. I used to use 182 but moved to 1.9 few months ago but that had 0 impact, no changes or whatsoever. I have seen servers using the plugins from internet, they basically take some hardcoded crap plugins, adding to the server and still have no issues with lags/performance while I make them on my own or use private coded ones which I can bet my head are optimised to their limits. I have no other choice other than check every plugin one by one and remove/change the unnecessary stuff.

Last edited by SomewhereLost; 05-23-2019 at 14:51.
Send a message via Skype™ to SomewhereLost
meTaLiCroSS
Gaze Upon My Hat
Old 05-23-2019 , 15:47   Re: Avoid forwards (thinks, cmd)
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomewhereLost View Post
To be honest I am, people complaining about lags while myself have none. I used to use 182 but moved to 1.9 few months ago but that had 0 impact, no changes or whatsoever. I have seen servers using the plugins from internet, they basically take some hardcoded crap plugins, adding to the server and still have no issues with lags/performance while I make them on my own or use private coded ones which I can bet my head are optimised to their limits. I have no other choice other than check every plugin one by one and remove/change the unnecessary stuff.
Wait for someone who can help you to check file by file, or pay someone to make a research on your server plugins. (I often do paid works related to optimization, if you're interested)
HamletEagle
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 05-23-2019 , 16:28   Re: Avoid forwards (thinks, cmd)
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Wait for someone who can help you to check file by file, or pay someone to make a research on your server plugins. (I often do paid works related to optimization, if you're interested)
Spoiler

Last edited by HamletEagle; 05-23-2019 at 16:29.
meTaLiCroSS
Gaze Upon My Hat
Old 05-23-2019 , 17:21   Re: Avoid forwards (thinks, cmd)
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamletEagle View Post
Spoiler
Spoiler
SomewhereLost
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-23-2019 , 18:02   Re: Avoid forwards (thinks, cmd)
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Already waited quite a few years and nothing has changed since then. Paying isnt an option, I always add new stuff to the servers which means I have to pay every time I comeup with something new.

Last edited by SomewhereLost; 05-23-2019 at 18:02.
Send a message via Skype™ to SomewhereLost
klippy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-24-2019 , 07:07   Re: Avoid forwards (thinks, cmd)
Reply With Quote #19

I'm not sure if the AMXX Profiler works on 1.9.0, but if it does, try profiling all plugins and see if any function takes significant time.
IIRC there was a post that updated the profiler to at least 1.8.3, it may work, search the thread.

Last edited by klippy; 05-24-2019 at 07:07.