Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TF2 Srcds] Srcds is stuck

Post New Thread Reply   

NevoH72
Old 05-13-2019 , 04:51   [TF2 Srcds] Srcds is stuck
Reply With Quote #1

I open my run.bat file and the cmd is just stuck on "L:\tf2>L:\tf2\srcds.exe -console -game tf +sv_pure 1 +map ctf_2fort +maxplayers 24"

It won't do anything beside that.

I have a server.cfg but still. my ports are set.
nosoop
Veteran Member
Old 05-13-2019 , 05:48   Re: [TF2 Srcds] Srcds is stuck
Reply With Quote #2

How are you running the script?

SRCDS on Windows launches a new console window, so you can't access it through the same command prompt / console it was launched in.

If it's even possible to access its console window without a graphical session is outside the scope of my knowledge.
NevoH72
Old 05-13-2019 , 06:06   Re: [TF2 Srcds] Srcds is stuck
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosoop View Post
How are you running the script?

SRCDS on Windows launches a new console window, so you can't access it through the same command prompt / console it was launched in.

If it's even possible to access its console window without a graphical session is outside the scope of my knowledge.
All I know is that I just used SteamCMD for the "app 232250" right?
Then I just set up the server.cfg
Set up the run.bat, and that's it.
This for a reference? https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/W...dicated_server

Last edited by NevoH72; 05-13-2019 at 06:18.
nosoop
Veteran Member
Old 05-13-2019 , 06:40   Re: [TF2 Srcds] Srcds is stuck
Reply With Quote #4

Thought you were running something slightly more exotic like an SSH session or something on Windows 10. Apologies for the confusion.

Instructions seem right to me. What's the exact contents of run.bat?
For reference, mine contains the following:
Code:
start srcds.exe -game tf +map koth_nucleus +maxplayers 24 -autoupdate -console +port 27016 +tv_enable 1 +tv_delay 0 +tv_transmitall 1
From what I remember hearing, -console is necessary to show something more than a black screen. Might want to give that a shot.

Last edited by nosoop; 05-13-2019 at 06:42.
NevoH72
Old 05-13-2019 , 06:50   Re: [TF2 Srcds] Srcds is stuck
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Thought you were running something slightly more exotic like an SSH session or something on Windows 10. Apologies for the confusion.

Instructions seem right to me. What's the exact contents of run.bat?
For reference, mine contains the following:
Code:
start srcds.exe -game tf +map koth_nucleus +maxplayers 24 -autoupdate -console +port 27016 +tv_enable 1 +tv_delay 0 +tv_transmitall 1
From what I remember hearing, -console is necessary to show something more than a black screen. Might want to give that a shot.
Yeah, I have "-console"
This is what I use though

L:\tf2\srcds.exe -console -game tf +sv_pure 1 +map ctf_2fort +maxplayers 24 -port 27015

Using the command line you gave me just instantly closes the CMD as it opens
EDIT: I added "L:\tf2\srcds.exe" (Directory) and it opened fine, but still stuck and shows me nothing.
See here: https://gyazo.com/89983de0dcb0354c53920b87fbb913f7

I can't type anything inside the CMD as if it's processing something, I waited 5 minutes and nothing happened.

Last edited by NevoH72; 05-13-2019 at 06:53.
nosoop
Veteran Member
Old 05-13-2019 , 07:41   Re: [TF2 Srcds] Srcds is stuck
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevoH72 View Post
I can't type anything inside the CMD as if it's processing something, I waited 5 minutes and nothing happened.
srcds.exe should be somewhere in your running processes. There might be more of them running, since the start in my script starts them in another window.

Otherwise, no clue. System information?
NevoH72
Old 05-13-2019 , 08:06   Re: [TF2 Srcds] Srcds is stuck
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
srcds.exe should be somewhere in your running processes. There might be more of them running, since the start in my script starts them in another window.

Otherwise, no clue. System information?
Haha, now that's funny;

All this time it was my Kaspersky Anti-Virus.
I had a notification on whether to trust an app or block it, (and I choose neither, I just left it there because of some bug in the software that didn't let me choose any), and it was about to ask me about the SRCDS after the current notification I had, you know what I mean?

The request to allow SRCDS was QUEUED, and while it was queued, I didn't even do anything on FIRST notification, that was BEFORE the SRCDS one.

I restarted my computer, and I tried again, allowed it, and now it's working! Thanks!

Last edited by NevoH72; 05-13-2019 at 08:07.
NevoH72
Old 05-13-2019 , 08:34   Re: [TF2 Srcds] Srcds is stuck
Reply With Quote #8

Now another problem has come up....

My server does not appear in the "Internet" tab, but only "LAN"
I have sv_lan 0
and it says "Couldn't allocate any server IP Port"

The server works fine if it's without the "-ip" in the server.bat file I have to run the server,

but if I add my IP it does that problem, I want people to join me, not create a server so I could play alone ;~; ..

How do I fix that?
I set my port to 27015... even in the cfg too, ("-port 27015")...
Console initialized.
Using Breakpad minidump system. Version: 5063830 AppID: 232250
Loaded 9670 VPK file hashes from L:\tf2\tf\tf2_textures.vpk for pure server operation.
Loaded 9670 VPK file hashes from L:\tf2\tf\tf2_textures.vpk for pure server operation.
Loaded 474 VPK file hashes from L:\tf2\tf\tf2_sound_vo_english.vpk for pure server operation.
Loaded 474 VPK file hashes from L:\tf2\tf\tf2_sound_vo_english.vpk for pure server operation.
Loaded 1335 VPK file hashes from L:\tf2\tf\tf2_sound_misc.vpk for pure server operation.
Loaded 1335 VPK file hashes from L:\tf2\tf\tf2_sound_misc.vpk for pure server operation.
Loaded 2466 VPK file hashes from L:\tf2\tf\tf2_misc.vpk for pure server operation.
Loaded 2466 VPK file hashes from L:\tf2\tf\tf2_misc.vpk for pure server operation.
Loaded 1217 VPK file hashes from L:\tf2\hl2\hl2_textures.vpk for pure server operation.
Loaded 574 VPK file hashes from L:\tf2\hl2\hl2_sound_vo_english.vpk for pure server operation.
Loaded 383 VPK file hashes from L:\tf2\hl2\hl2_sound_misc.vpk for pure server operation.
Loaded 451 VPK file hashes from L:\tf2\hl2\hl2_misc.vpk for pure server operation.
Loaded 451 VPK file hashes from L:\tf2\hl2\hl2_misc.vpk for pure server operation.
Loaded 5 VPK file hashes from L:\tf2\platform\platform_misc.vpk for pure server operation.
Loaded 5 VPK file hashes from L:\tf2\platform\platform_misc.vpk for pure server operation.
server.dll loaded for "Team Fortress"
For FCVAR_REPLICATED, ConVar must be defined in client and game .dlls (sv_use_steam_voice)
ProtoDefs post data loaded.
ProtoDefs loaded. 19.62 MB used
ProtoDefs loaded. 19.62 MB used
maxplayers set to 24
No '-replayserverdir' parameter found - using default replay folder.
Replay: Creating thread pool...succeeded.
Replay: Starting thread pool with 4 threads...succeeded.
Cleaning files from temp dir, "L:\tf2\tf\replay\server\tmp\" ...no files removed.
Unknown command "r_decal_cullsize"
maxplayers set to 24
Network: IP 192.168.1.26, mode MP, dedicated Yes, ports 27015 SV / 27005 CL
Initializing Steam libraries for secure Internet server
No account token specified; logging into anonymous game server account. (Use sv_setsteamaccount to login to a persistent account.)
Executing dedicated server config file server.cfg
Using map cycle file 'cfg/mapcycle_default.txt'. ('cfg/mapcycle.txt' was not found.)
material models/weapons/c_items/c_ubersaw_xms has a normal map and $basealphaenvmapmask. Must use $normalmapalphaenvmapmask to get specular.

material models/weapons/c_items/c_frontierjustice_xmas has a normal map and $basealphaenvmapmask. Must use $normalmapalphaenvmapmask to get specular.

material models/player/items/all_class/all_class_ring_setting has a normal map and $basealphaenvmapmask. Must use $normalmapalphaenvmapmask to get specular.

material models/player/items/crafting/coin_invasion has a normal map and $basealphaenvmapmask. Must use $normalmapalphaenvmapmask to get specular.

Set motd from file 'cfg/motd_default.txt'. ('cfg/motd.txt' was not found.)
Set motd_text from file 'cfg/motd_text_default.txt'. ('cfg/motd_text.txt' was not found.)
SV_ActivateServer: setting tickrate to 66.7
Connection to game coordinator established.
Current item schema is up-to-date with version 3A4138E4.
--------------------------------------------------------
sv_pure value unchanged (current value is 0).
--------------------------------------------------------
Writing cfg/banned_user.cfg.
Writing cfg/banned_ip.cfg.
Server logging enabled.
Server logging data to file logs\L0513007.log
L 05/13/2019 - 15:43:06: Log file started (file "logs\L0513007.log") (game "L:\tf2\tf") (version "5063830")
L 05/13/2019 - 15:43:06: server_cvar: "mp_autoteambalance" "0"
Unknown command "mp_autoteambalance_delay"
Unknown command "mp_autoteambalance_warning_delay"
L 05/13/2019 - 15:43:06: server_cvar: "mp_stalemate_enable" "1"
L 05/13/2019 - 15:43:06: server_cvar: "mp_timelimit" "35"
L 05/13/2019 - 15:43:06: server_cvar: "decalfrequency" "30"
'koth_nucleus.cfg' not present; not executing.
Server is hibernating
Connection to Steam servers successful.
Public IP is [REDACT--lol jk, but the IP is there..no fucking clue why I deleted it, i'm used to it ;-; ]
Assigned anonymous gameserver Steam ID [A:1:1463780356:12520].
VAC secure mode is activated.

Last edited by NevoH72; 05-13-2019 at 08:46.
NevoH72
Old 05-13-2019 , 09:37   Re: [TF2 Srcds] Srcds is stuck
Reply With Quote #9

So now I've used my LOCAL ip in the cfg, 192.168.1.x ( < this one ) and it worked
but it still doesn't show up on the server list...

*sigh*, *a really long sigh*, so NOW, I REMOVED the local ip from start.bat, and again, it works just fine, but no one except for ME can't connect... I have my ports all forwarded as both UDP and TCP (27015) (27005) (27016)
I still don't know what the hell is wrong with this.

I checked with http://api.steampowered.com/ISteamAp...015&format=xml
It read it successfully, it responded with "true" there were no errors, yet still no one can join me nor does it appear on the master server list.

This is how it looks like:
I don't know if it matters but I did app_update 232250, and not 440, like in the picture that it showed that 440 is the correct ID, not sure that's the problem. don't think so at least.
My firewall is letting it pass, and it's all good, but why isn't still showing up?

Last edited by NevoH72; 05-13-2019 at 10:59.