Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

FF2 Releasing all my private rages/bosses to the public.

Post New Thread Reply   

epicwindow
Old 08-09-2018 , 15:18   Re: Releasing all my private rages/bosses to the public.
Reply With Quote #21

hm sorry man didnt expect that to happen and thats not sth i can solve,you gotta wait for pros like m7 to fix that,my method is just to create a new native in freak_fortress2.sp that redirects FF2_GetBossMax to native Native_GetBossMaxHealth
M76030
Old 09-25-2018 , 09:26   Re: Releasing all my private rages/bosses to the public.
Reply With Quote #22

So i decided to update the Drain over Time plugin a bit
(i wasn't sure whenever to post here or in the actual thread for that plugin, but decided here, since its this version, since its this version that i updated.)

So what changed?
-I added an option to make DoT work with ALT-FIRE (Right mouse button) (Comes with new materials for it (had the help from a friend of mine, who made the materials))
-Made it, so the overlays get downloaded, even if you didn't include the files in the boss' config (because i figured that pretty much nobody knew, that they had to add it to the boss' config, the Drain over time Materials)

I hope you will enjoy it!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Updated DoT.zip (119.6 KB, 658 views)
Twitter: Click here
AnubisTF2
Old 12-29-2018 , 20:55   Re: Releasing all my private rages/bosses to the public.
Reply With Quote #23

the laser / beam ability is nowhere to be found in any of the source files
Old 01-02-2019 , 15:07   Re: Releasing all my private rages/bosses to the public.
Reply With Quote #24

I know Sarysa him/herself has stated that they're offering zero support for these plugins, but I figured that just in case someone else was interested in taking a look at the SPs, the Pon3 rage appears to be broken. It works for a split second, and it plays the entirety of the sound, but it never spawns the specified model for the "bass blaster" itself, despite the fact that the model properly downloads to the path specified in the CFG. Note that my boss' blaster uses an entirely different model from the one used in Pon3's CFG, with mine being ported from SFM; this is purely because Sarysa's zip, as it currently stands, doesn't include the model files for Pon3's speakers. This might be the why the model for the blaster itself doesn't physically appear in-game, but that wouldn't explain why the rage itself is only active for a split second. This could be user error, as I've never been the greatest with CFGs, but at the same time, I've spent several hours tweaking the CFG, so I honestly doubt it. I don't know even the slightest thing about programming, but I did open up the SP for ff2_sarysamods8 (the pack containing Pon3's rage, referred to as the Earthquake Machine) and found that the args appear to be in improper numerical order, going 1-19 but skipping 4-6 and 17-18. I'm not sure if this has any significant effect on anything, but I did feel it was of note, and might be helpful if anyone decides they find the ability interesting enough to fix it.
Professional retard. I might borrow some code, but I always try to give credit when I do! If you've noticed I've borrowed some of your code, and you have a problem with that, please add me on Steam and let me know so I can correct the problem as soon as possible!
whiteskypony
Old 01-06-2019 , 13:27   Re: Releasing all my private rages/bosses to the public.
Reply With Quote #25

The .zip file is missing the "pony_abilities" .ff2 for twilight rage.
Steam | Vidya Servers | Discord: Maximo#5396 / kitsumy.

Batfoxkid
Old 01-06-2019 , 14:40   Re: Releasing all my private rages/bosses to the public.
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteskypony View Post
The .zip file is missing the "pony_abilities" .ff2 for twilight rage.
That plugin is probably not something owned by sarysa so it's not included.
Old 02-07-2019 , 20:32   Re: Releasing all my private rages/bosses to the public.
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHotPocketHomicide View Post
I know Sarysa him/herself has stated that they're offering zero support for these plugins, but I figured that just in case someone else was interested in taking a look at the SPs, the Pon3 rage appears to be broken. It works for a split second, and it plays the entirety of the sound, but it never spawns the specified model for the "bass blaster" itself, despite the fact that the model properly downloads to the path specified in the CFG. Note that my boss' blaster uses an entirely different model from the one used in Pon3's CFG, with mine being ported from SFM; this is purely because Sarysa's zip, as it currently stands, doesn't include the model files for Pon3's speakers. This might be the why the model for the blaster itself doesn't physically appear in-game, but that wouldn't explain why the rage itself is only active for a split second. This could be user error, as I've never been the greatest with CFGs, but at the same time, I've spent several hours tweaking the CFG, so I honestly doubt it. I don't know even the slightest thing about programming, but I did open up the SP for ff2_sarysamods8 (the pack containing Pon3's rage, referred to as the Earthquake Machine) and found that the args appear to be in improper numerical order, going 1-19 but skipping 4-6 and 17-18. I'm not sure if this has any significant effect on anything, but I did feel it was of note, and might be helpful if anyone decides they find the ability interesting enough to fix it.
I would recommend anyone that's having issues with a rage not working to try "models\props_gameplay\orange_cone001.mdl "
You should only have to mod_precache the model since it's already part of TF2. This model is one of the few Physics models I know of in TF2, stands out a lot, and is of a decent size. It's what I used to get the "apple turret" working, as the turrets are spawned by being 'tossed'. Using a Static or Dynamic model simply resulted in nothing. I will probably test this myself later but hands are full with working on other hales at the moment.
whiteskypony
Old 02-22-2019 , 17:34   Re: Releasing all my private rages/bosses to the public.
Reply With Quote #28

I been getting this error, the plugin was working just fine until some days. Anyone have an idea what is this about?

[sarysamods9] ERROR: Could not find ff2_sarysamods9.ff2. SPEI_CanInvoke() failed.

[sarysamods9] ERROR: Could not find ff2_sarysamods9.ff2. SPEI_FormatHUDString() failed.

*edit: It was due to tf2itemsinfo not loading. Now it works.

Last edited by whiteskypony; 02-23-2019 at 13:02.
The Great Weegee
Old 02-23-2019 , 07:06   Re: Releasing all my private rages/bosses to the public.
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteskypony View Post
I been getting this error, the plugin was working just fine until some days. Anyone have an idea what is this about?

[sarysamods9] ERROR: Could not find ff2_sarysamods9.ff2. SPEI_CanInvoke() failed.

[sarysamods9] ERROR: Could not find ff2_sarysamods9.ff2. SPEI_FormatHUDString() failed.
you get it into workable state? it doesn't seem to work anyway, doesn't compile without a bunch of errors too.
whiteskypony
Old 02-23-2019 , 13:06   Re: Releasing all my private rages/bosses to the public.
Reply With Quote #30

Updated ff2_sarysamods9 and fixed the FF2_GetBossMax issue.

Should work now, dont forget to change the .smx extension to .ff2
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (ff2_sarysamods9.sp - 303 views - 243.5 KB)
File Type: smx ff2_sarysamods9.smx (83.2 KB, 346 views)