Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Hero: Riddler. keeping powers

Prowler
Old 08-08-2004 , 01:04   Hero: Riddler. keeping powers

Ok, this wasnt really a problem till we added Riddler to our server, Now as far as the power itself goes its an awesome power, but we are a public server and there are alot of players that are abusing the ability to select riddler choose a power (say 200 HP) then dropping him, selecing him again and choosing another (say 200 AC)

My request is as such, is there a way to code it so that if you drop a hero during a round, he cannot be re-selected until the start of the next round? for instance he can drop riddler, and then choose another power say superman or whatever, but cannot Re-select the power he has just dropped. Also an extention of this make it so that if he then decides to Drop superman (during the same round) he still cannot re-select riddler, or superman until the start of the next round.

Is this at all possible? and if so could you perhaps tell us HOW to modify it so it can be done? We would preferably like to add it ourselves rather than wait for a new release of the SH mod to come out as it could be awhile till its done.

If not, can you perhaps suggest a way around this problem?
vittu
SuperHero Moderator
Old 08-08-2004 , 01:55  

This sounds more like a bug in Riddler. Are you saying that they keep the each seperate power of Riddler after they drop him? Other heros don't let you keep their power after droping them, so the change you suggest should not be needed. Just need a fix for Riddler.

If this is the case then this should be reported in the bugs section, but don't make a new post just wait til someone moves it there.

As far as the next version of SH mod next version 1.17.1 with updated heros isnt far off. And I believe jtp is gonna go thru lots of heros aswell. For now if this is such a problem you could just disable the hero and wait til it is fixed. As far as the next amxx version of SH it's a little ways off, seeing as how amxx .20 isn't out yet either. But jtp seems to get things done quickly.
Send a message via AIM to vittu Send a message via MSN to vittu Send a message via Yahoo to vittu
Prowler
Old 08-08-2004 , 02:11  

Ok, thanks for the info. I guess we'll just have to disable him for now.
Prowler
Old 08-08-2004 , 02:51  

Just wanted to add, I went back and tested riddler again just to be sure, and yeah, i was, it was keeping the HP/AC boost if you dropped him, oddly enough though NOT at the start of the next round, well, for HP anyway, AC still stays at the start of the next round. just thought you should know
vittu
SuperHero Moderator
Old 08-08-2004 , 02:57  

I appreciate that, the more info you give the easier it is for jtp to correct the problem.
Send a message via AIM to vittu Send a message via MSN to vittu Send a message via Yahoo to vittu
Prowler
Old 08-29-2004 , 02:55  

Just wondering if this was fixed, or if is planned or whatever cause i really like this hero, its just a shame he can be abused.

I looked over the code myself (and my very limited scripting abilities) and he looks like he shouldnt do this... yet does... so it needs a more advanced eye than my own i think

thanks.
Freecode
Never Fall Asleep
Old 09-25-2004 , 07:59  

this sounds more like the exploit that JTP fixed. I dont noe if its out but make sure u have latest shero running.