Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

possible to check how many have joined my server?

Post New Thread Reply   

thesmasher
Old 01-10-2019 , 06:42   possible to check how many have joined my server?
Reply With Quote #1

is it possible to check how many have joined my server all in all? or is there a plugin i could use for it

and if i find a plugin does that plugin count the joined from when the plugin was installed to my server? or does it also count the ones who joined from the beginning?
freak.exe_uLow
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-10-2019 , 07:28   Re: possible to check how many have joined my server?
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesmasher View Post
is it possible to check how many have joined my server all in all? or is there a plugin i could use for it

and if i find a plugin does that plugin count the joined from when the plugin was installed to my server? or does it also count the ones who joined from the beginning?
maybe: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=190293 ??
detc
Old 01-10-2019 , 11:48   Re: possible to check how many have joined my server?
Reply With Quote #3

If you open up the clientprefs-sqlite.sq3 file in sourcemod/data/sqlite with some program you can look at the number of rows for a rough idea of how many clients have connected.
Lubricant Jam
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-11-2019 , 05:38   Re: possible to check how many have joined my server?
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesmasher View Post

How do you reckon a plugin is just going to count from the start of time of your server being online? It will count from when the plugin is added, where do you think it would get it's data from? Reading clientprefs from other plugins/sourcemod? Seems long winded and risky to me.
Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 01-11-2019 , 05:50   Re: possible to check how many have joined my server?
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubricant Jam View Post
How do you reckon a plugin is just going to count from the start of time of your server being online?
You could read the log files like hlstatsx does if you want to add former logfiles to the stats. Oh, this could be also a "solution" to your question. HlStatsx does also count the number of players that connected to your server.

Last edited by Mordekay; 01-11-2019 at 05:52.
Lubricant Jam
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-11-2019 , 07:19   Re: possible to check how many have joined my server?
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordekay View Post
You could read the log files like hlstatsx does if you want to add former logfiles to the stats. Oh, this could be also a "solution" to your question. HlStatsx does also count the number of players that connected to your server.
Yeah that's a method you could do it but if that was me it would not work as I clear my log files periodically.
Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 01-11-2019 , 08:29   Re: possible to check how many have joined my server?
Reply With Quote #7

That is not a problem. HlstatsX logs the stats life through a demon. And logs that are scanned one time are not scanned anymore as the tool sets a timestamp for the last scan and ignores older files.

Lubricant Jam
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-11-2019 , 10:01   Re: possible to check how many have joined my server?
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
That is not a problem. HlstatsX logs the stats life through a demon. And logs that are scanned one time are not scanned anymore as the tool sets a timestamp for the last scan and ignores older files.
Yeah but what I am saying is it can log it through a daemon but if I've cleared all the data and then want to add it as of today, I won't have initial data.
Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 01-11-2019 , 15:22   Re: possible to check how many have joined my server?
Reply With Quote #9

That is obvious. Without data you cannot read from anything. What are you trying to proof here?

Lubricant Jam
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-14-2019 , 10:39   Re: possible to check how many have joined my server?
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
You kept saying that it is "not a problem" when it clearly would be a problem as the data would not exist. Just saying, that is my point I am proving.

There realistically, isn't a way he can do it from the point of time. Too many factors come into play and he has to dodge the bullet for them all in order to get it working. If he really does not have his log files clear, then that is just space consumption.