Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Solved [FLOAT] Invalid function or declaration

Post New Thread Reply   

ultimatgold
BANNED
Old 11-20-2018 , 08:18   Re: [FLOAT] Invalid function or declaration
Reply With Quote #11

Solved. Finally, I had to figure out what had ruined me. You were not very helpful.
Send a message via ICQ to ultimatgold Send a message via AIM to ultimatgold Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatgold Send a message via Skype™ to ultimatgold
E1_531G
Old 11-20-2018 , 08:26   Re: [FLOAT] Invalid function or declaration
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatgold View Post
Solved. Finally, I had to figure out what had ruined me. You were not very helpful.
We didn't even try to help the thief, kid.
Veteran Member
Old 11-20-2018 , 09:10   Re: [FLOAT] Invalid function or declaration
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
I'm sure you didn't even solve it, you just say that. Also, if you think we're not helpful, don't post here asking for help.

Last edited by OciXCrom; 11-20-2018 at 09:10.
Send a message via Skype™ to OciXCrom
CrazY.
Veteran Member
Old 11-20-2018 , 12:24   Re: [FLOAT] Invalid function or declaration
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by OciXCrom View Post
Actually private plugins are illegal.
Not sure from where you took that nonsense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamletEagle View Post
the person that buys your private plugin can then release it for free.
It's specifically because of that developers that sell plugins don't want to include source code and add "protections" inside the compiled plugin. All the hard work and time you spent to develop the plugin it's basically being thrown in trash when they share it for free, as you did to sell only.

Anyway, yes, we developers that sell must include source code without charge extra money, as well who paid has full right to do whatever he want with the plugin. But remains one doubt in developers mind: how get profit even knowing they can share for free, resell or do whatever they want if I send source code and not only a protected .amxx? Simple, just charge a high price for those you don't trust. No one will reach so high level of stupidity of pay for expensive plugin just to share it for free somewhere in internet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamletEagle View Post
Oh the hypocrisy. You are using reverse engineered software and telling others they have to ask for the author permission in order to do the same thing.
There we go again... if you're referring decompiler with "reverse engineered software" you're completly wrong, I'm totally against decompilers. Now if you're referring to amxx itself, there's nothing related between decompiler and compiler in the context I was referring, don't mix the things.

Quote:
Quote:
don't post here asking for help

Last edited by CrazY.; 11-20-2018 at 12:32.
klippy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-20-2018 , 12:31   Re: [FLOAT] Invalid function or declaration
Reply With Quote #15

That's why you don't develop a plugin and advertise it and sell it to multiple people. You write a plugin to fulfill a request from a single client. One who needs a unique plugin surely won't go sharing it around, at least I've never had that issue.

What he meant is that a lot of functionality of AMXX and plugins is based on reverse-engineering. Also there's ReHLDS which is fully reverse-engineered.

Last edited by klippy; 11-20-2018 at 12:31.
CrazY.
Veteran Member
Old 11-20-2018 , 12:41   Re: [FLOAT] Invalid function or declaration
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
ou write a plugin to fulfill a request from a single client. One who needs a unique plugin surely won't go sharing it around, at least I've never had that issue.
I agree with since this make sense.

Quote:
What he meant is that a lot of functionality of AMXX and plugins is based on reverse-engineering. Also there's ReHLDS which is fully reverse-engineered.
I understood, but what @Hamlet said still make no sense.

OciXCrom
Veteran Member
Old 11-20-2018 , 14:14   Re: [FLOAT] Invalid function or declaration
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazY. View Post
Not sure from where you took that nonsense.
From the AMXX licence.
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 11-20-2018 , 14:29   Re: [FLOAT] Invalid function or declaration
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
It's specifically because of that developers that sell plugins don't want to include source code and add "protections" inside the compiled plugin. All the hard work and time you spent to develop the plugin it's basically being thrown in trash when they share it for free, as you did to sell only.
They are doing illegal things. If you want more control over your code, then stop writting amxx plugins and create your own hlsdk integration with your own license(if you can do that while using hlsdk).
I don't understand why people can't get this simple concept: if you use a product you explicitly agree with it's license. AMXX is a product and has a license, which states that you are not allowed to distribute only compiled binaries.
It's not rocket science.

Quote:
There we go again... if you're referring decompiler with "reverse engineered software" you're completly wrong, I'm totally against decompilers. Now if you're referring to amxx itself, there's nothing related between decompiler and compiler in the context I was referring, don't mix the things.
If you are totally against decompilers, then why are you using ReGameDLL and ReHLDS? You know that "RE" means reverse engineered, right? Reverse engineering in really simple terms means to use a decompiler to recreate the source from the compiled binary.
The guys behind ReHLDS/ReGameDLL did not ask for Valve's permissions, moreover Valve clearly states you are not allowed to reverse engineer their stuff.

Quote:
I understood, but what @Hamlet said still make no sense.
It should be crystal clear why I'm talking about hypocrisy. You can not use decompiled code and then be against decompilers, without being a hypocrite.
For example I use a lot ReGameDLL and ReHLDS as references while coding, but I'm not against decompilers either, thus there's no issue.

Give this a shot: https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html
This is what you agreed with when you wrote amxx plugins.

Last edited by HamletEagle; 11-20-2018 at 14:30.
CrazY.
Veteran Member
Old 11-20-2018 , 15:14   Re: [FLOAT] Invalid function or declaration
Reply With Quote #19

You're generalizing. I quoted above to you stop from mix things.

We're discussing in AMX Mod X forums, then it's clear I was referring to AMXX plugin decompilers (Lysis, AMXX UnCompress, amxx dump, etc...) and not about all decompilers of the world. To be more clear, as you like to create things from what I write, I was referring to who decompile plugins, set their own names as author and earn profit from this absurd.

I know about ReHLDS and ReGameDLL, but I don't think valve worry with this, otherwise these projects would be closed/removed in the same time it started to be developed or shared, as dproto or any other project considered "steam crack". Besides, who is talking about GNU license, at no moment I discorded from the rules they defined.

Last edited by CrazY.; 11-20-2018 at 15:18.