Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[ANY] CallAdmin - Extended Report Mod

Post New Thread Reply   

Impact123
Veteran Member
Old 09-17-2018 , 08:35   Re: [ANY] CallAdmin - Extended Report Mod
Reply With Quote #1761

This was fixed in the development version years ago but has not yet been released. I suggest you read the changelog and upgrade to the latest development version. You can download the files from the releases page.

Last edited by Impact123; 09-17-2018 at 08:41.
Impact123
Veteran Member
Old 09-29-2018 , 18:32   Re: [ANY] CallAdmin - Extended Report Mod
Reply With Quote #1762

Changelog for 0.1.6

The following is an overview of the changes for 0.1.6, for a full changelog of this release head over to our wiki.
This release contains new features and important bug fixes, we recommend you to update as soon as you can. Users who've installed the updater plugin should get the update automatically.

Core / All
  • Move includes to include directory and add all external dependencies
  • Update hostip to ip conversion logic
  • Replace PrintToClient and PrintToServer with ReplyToCommand inside command callbacks
  • Add check if client index is valid to ChatListener callback
  • Add russian phrases
  • Add missing checks to GetClientAuthId calls

Steam module
  • Switch from sockets to system2 to fetch group members with HTTPS
  • Add feature to list local recipient list
  • Fix that reasons list isn't cleared on reload
  • Add missing call to clear recipients list on reload

Mysql module
  • Decrease entry pruning timer from 600 to 60 seconds

Ts3 module

Explanations
A little bit more info about the features.

Socket deprecation
Steam's community site enforces https now which the socket extension does not support. We replaced it with the System2 extension. See bug 24 for more information.
It's unfortunate but this is a breaking change, you need to install system2

List recipients
Admins that will be notified when a report was made are called recipients. The steam module creates a local list of them by reading the configs and fetching them from steam groups.
It also lists if the recipient is not listed in messagebot's own recipient listed. This is mostly useful for debugging purposes.

Important information
If you have the updater installed, the plugin and all its modules will update themselves.
While we tried to make this update backward compatible, you should carefully read the changelog and make the needed changes.
If you update a module which works together with a web script (mysql, ts3) please be sure to update both.
The upgrade process is almost the same as installing, please head over to our wiki for information.

Please ask if you have questions or encounter a problem!.

Last edited by Impact123; 09-29-2018 at 20:18.
Impact123
Veteran Member
Old 10-04-2018 , 09:20   Re: [ANY] CallAdmin - Extended Report Mod
Reply With Quote #1763

Version 0.1.7 was just released which contains a small bug fix for the ts3 module where an empty reason was sent. I suggest you download it from the releases page if you're not using updater.

Last edited by Impact123; 10-04-2018 at 09:23.
Lubricant Jam
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-09-2018 , 15:20   Re: [ANY] CallAdmin - Extended Report Mod
Reply With Quote #1764

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impact123 View Post
Version 0.1.7 was just released which contains a small bug fix for the ts3 module where an empty reason was sent. I suggest you download it from the releases page if you're not using updater.
Thanks for this, I am getting reports from staff members that they are not receiving reports. I've checked them with your command and they're all on the list. There's currently over 20 members of staff etc and the people up the top of the list get every single one however everyone else rarely gets them and sometimes get none at all.

Is it possible it's to do with the amount of people, if so could you make a fix for it? Cheers.
Impact123
Veteran Member
Old 10-09-2018 , 15:23   Re: [ANY] CallAdmin - Extended Report Mod
Reply With Quote #1765

Has it always been this way or is this only occurring after the update? Is the bot account friends with all these admins? Are all these admins online? Are there any errors in the logs?

Last edited by Impact123; 10-09-2018 at 16:45.
Transit Of Venus
Old 10-10-2018 , 00:17   Re: [ANY] CallAdmin - Extended Report Mod
Reply With Quote #1766

Does anyone know of a plugin like this that does a similar thing? Because my CallAdmin was not sending messages to my admins anymore, So I tried to update it but I can't because i'm not allowed to install system2 on my server due to it's security risks.

Click on the banner to explore my servers and more

Last edited by Transit Of Venus; 10-10-2018 at 00:17. Reason: Fixed
Send a message via ICQ to Transit Of Venus Send a message via Skype™ to Transit Of Venus
Impact123
Veteran Member
Old 10-10-2018 , 01:44   Re: [ANY] CallAdmin - Extended Report Mod
Reply With Quote #1767

I just pushed a commit that makes the system2 extension semi-optional for the steam module. It is still required for the group functionality to work and it will complain that system2 is missing if you have groups in your group config file; but apart from that it will work without it now. You can download a development version from the releases page. Just replace the steam module and let me know if you encounter any problems.

Last edited by Impact123; 10-10-2018 at 01:55.
Lubricant Jam
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-10-2018 , 03:12   Re: [ANY] CallAdmin - Extended Report Mod
Reply With Quote #1768

Quote:
Has it always been this way or is this only occurring after the update? Is the bot account friends with all these admins? Are all these admins online? Are there any errors in the logs?
Yes, always *apparently*. I always seem to receive them more so than others, potentially because I am top of the list & own the group?

Yes, and in the steam group.

Not all of them no, the ones that are complaining, yes.

Here's the last ever logs from the servers, last error was 2 months ago.
https://pastebin.com/p3jNT9kY

Last edited by Lubricant Jam; 10-10-2018 at 03:18.
Impact123
Veteran Member
Old 10-10-2018 , 04:05   Re: [ANY] CallAdmin - Extended Report Mod
Reply With Quote #1769

The steam module gets its group data from urls like https://steamcommunity.com/groups/va...slistxml?xml=1. I'm not sure how this is ordered. The group is only used to retrieve members, messagebot itself will not interact with it. The bot does not need to be in the group. The way MessageBot works, simplified of course, is that it logs in, iterates over all its friends in a loop (including pending requests), checks that their id matches one of the recipients, accepts them as a friend if not already and sends a message to them if they are online. If there's an error the loop stops, preventing further messages and an error is logged. Some errors go directly to sourcemod's error logs, others go to the steam module which logs them to calladmin.log. yours seem to have come from calladmin's own file. We limited the list of recipients to 150 because we thought that is a sensible amount. We never tested with more than a few people and left it to the people who can. MessageBot itself is more of dordnung's speciality but if you want you can pm me your steam profile and we try to analyze this a bit.

Last edited by Impact123; 10-10-2018 at 04:21.
Lubricant Jam
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-10-2018 , 05:06   Re: [ANY] CallAdmin - Extended Report Mod
Reply With Quote #1770

Quote:
The steam module gets its group data from urls like https://steamcommunity.com/groups/va...slistxml?xml=1. I'm not sure how this is ordered. The group is only used to retrieve members, messagebot itself will not interact with it. The bot does not need to be in the group. The way MessageBot works, simplified of course, is that it logs in, iterates over all its friends in a loop (including pending requests), checks that their id matches one of the recipients, accepts them as a friend if not already and sends a message to them if they are online. If there's an error the loop stops, preventing further messages and an error is logged. Some errors go directly to sourcemod's error logs, others go to the steam module which logs them to calladmin.log. yours seem to have come from calladmin's own file. We limited the list of recipients to 150 because we thought that is a sensible amount. We never tested with more than a few people and left it to the people who can. MessageBot itself is more of dordnung's speciality but if you want you can pm me your steam profile and we try to analyze this a bit.
Thanks for the explanation, didn't know it worked that way. I've always had to manually accept friend requests, guess that's another thing that doesn't work for me.

I've sent you a PM with my steam.