Post New Thread Reply   

Aceleracion
Old 05-21-2018 , 20:28   Re: [L4D2] Gifts Drop & Spawn
Reply With Quote #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natan View Post
Now i understand. Well..

Point_1:
that top10 is all "No-steam server" and they have paid advertidsement. Not fair for entire L4D2 servers online (Steam).

Point_2:
There are a lot of servers using other Ranking system (like HlstatsX).

Point_3:
It could be a great addition to merge this plugin with this: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=134113 so, the points you earn can be used in the same round as !buy points & Rank.

P.S. I dont want to be critical at all, i hope u understand.
Saludos.
About point_1:
I know it's not fair for the steam servers, although these servers were previously steam, but by putting the RevEmu emulator on their servers, they make "no-steam" players access their servers. Although I think you already knew. Well, in these non-steam servers, although it's hard to accept, they have some very interesting plugins.

About point_2:
If I know other statistics systems, I even helped a server with the HlstatsX system, changing its system, because people did not like it much, they wanted more like these non-steam servers.

About point_3:
I put the source code so that anyone can edit it in their own way, being able to change the database or the system that is used as a reference. Where I played, the gifts are used to increase the players' points and rank. Although your idea is very good.

Do not worry i understand.

Greetings.
Natan
Old 06-17-2018 , 23:53   Re: [L4D2] Gifts Drop & Spawn
Reply With Quote #72

Hello

i wonder if its possible (not complicated) to merge this: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...7852?p=1257852

So.. when the player earn points of the gift... it will be added automatically to the !buy plugin.
Thnks
hoanganh81097
Old 07-09-2018 , 14:48   Re: [L4D2] Gifts Drop & Spawn
Reply With Quote #73

can u make a Trap Gift ? Example when receive gift the survivor will be back to the safe house .
Aceleracion
Old 07-13-2018 , 19:27   Re: [L4D2] Gifts Drop & Spawn
Reply With Quote #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoanganh81097 View Post
can u make a Trap Gift ? Example when receive gift the survivor will be back to the safe house .
I'll keep it in mind for possible updates.
Aceleracion
Old 07-13-2018 , 19:29   Re: [L4D2] Gifts Drop & Spawn
Reply With Quote #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natan View Post
Hello

i wonder if its possible (not complicated) to merge this: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...7852?p=1257852

So.. when the player earn points of the gift... it will be added automatically to the !buy plugin.
Thnks
If I can do it, it's not that complicated, I'll keep it in mind for future updates.
Mr. Man
Veteran Member
Old 08-04-2018 , 12:14   Re: [L4D2] Gifts Drop & Spawn
Reply With Quote #76

Some questions:

1. Is it possible to implement a leaderboard of who grabbed the most gifts?
2. Some of the gifts are awarding player items that don't exist for the map. EG: machete award in Dark Carnival. Nothing happens, they just get the text notification and points.
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 08-04-2018 , 17:27   Re: [L4D2] Gifts Drop & Spawn
Reply With Quote #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Man View Post
Some questions:

1. Is it possible to implement a leaderboard of who grabbed the most gifts?
2. Some of the gifts are awarding player items that don't exist for the map. EG: machete award in Dark Carnival. Nothing happens, they just get the text notification and points.
#2, that's because certain melee weapons are only available for certain campaigns. If you want them to actually spawn, you'd need one of those melee unlocker mods from the workshop.

If the author wants to go through all the trouble of filtering out these weapons in campaigns they don't belong in, he could check for the map's name inside mission files and then check the "meleeweapons" key in the matching file, then use ExplodeString() on the value of that key, and finally using an array to store all the melee weapon names which he then can use to prevent the plugin from dropping any melee weapons whose names aren't found in that array.

Edit: Or to make it easier, the author could just read the melee string table like Melee in the Saferoom does.

PHP Code:
stock void GetMeleeClasses()
{

int MeleeStringTable FindStringTable"MeleeWeapons" );

g_iMeleeClassCount GetStringTableNumStringsMeleeStringTable );

for( 
int i 0g_iMeleeClassCounti++ )
    {

ReadStringTableMeleeStringTableig_sMeleeClass[i], 32 );
    }    

Last edited by Psyk0tik; 08-04-2018 at 18:10.
ticket.garena
Old 10-02-2018 , 18:43   Re: [L4D2] Gifts Drop & Spawn
Reply With Quote #78

These files could be better made available because there are loose .inc files, CFG files that are normally generated automatically by the plugin and the SQL file was not available. So if you do not ask for much, you could make the files available in the proper folders, so we do not run the risk of losing the server for the wrong file and make all the files and folders available in the zip folder, make a server for a long time, you can do it for wrong installation.
JuegarianYT
Old 05-15-2019 , 14:51   Help me!
Reply With Quote #79

the add-on does not work for me, I do not know if I've eaten badly, but the gifts come to me in the game but I do not receive the weapons or cures

install the SMLIB is also all the requirements that asked for the complement to be executed but it does not work ....

he only gives me the bat because he comes out, he has received a gift + a bat that's why I get that bat but the weapons or cures do not ...

Why does not the complement work well?
Natan
Old 05-20-2019 , 22:45   Re: [L4D2] Gifts Drop & Spawn
Reply With Quote #80

If anyone have some troubles about creatind the columns into the "players" datatable.. you can use a Manual query like this:

Code:
ALTER TABLE `players` ADD `collected_gift` INT(11) NOT NULL , ADD `collected_gift_standard` INT(11) NOT NULL , ADD `collected_gift_special` INT(11) NOT NULL ;