Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D2] Pipe bomb affect bot's behavior [BUG]

Post New Thread Reply   

Edison1318
Old 07-10-2018 , 10:44   [L4D2] Pipe bomb affect bot's behavior [BUG]
Reply With Quote #1

Well just in case if anyone is here are able to fix this bug, I've encountered a bug where the bots stop shooting or attacking the common infected when i threw the pipe bomb just about time we reached to the saferoom then transition to another map. They just stand there, letting common infected to hit them causing them to incapacitate.

I'll go look for solution how to fix this, since resetting the bots behavior does not work as they still standing, staring at the common infected like a doofus while They hitting the bots to death. My only solution is to restart my l4d2 game.

It is indeed an annoying bug whenever i throw a pipe bomb and usually this is meant for the bots not to attacking those common infected who're chasing a pipe bomb. Originally the bots will go back to their normal behavior which they can start shooting common infected after the pipe bomb exploded.

Do drop the replies under the thread to let me know your response to this bug. Thanks.

Last edited by Edison1318; 07-10-2018 at 10:52.
Send a message via Skype™ to Edison1318
Lux
Veteran Member
Old 07-10-2018 , 15:29   Re: [L4D2] Pipe bomb affect bot's behavior [BUG]
Reply With Quote #2

instead of blocking them from changing weapons, you could speed up the throwing process VERY FAST :O could work around your issue?

Commission me for L4D
cravenge
Veteran Member
Old 07-10-2018 , 16:41   Re: [L4D2] Pipe bomb affect bot's behavior [BUG]
Reply With Quote #3

Yes, I have experienced this issue too and on some servers, either vanilla or modded.

If I have to guess, this is a problem when numerous orders are given to the bots. There are times that the bots will still shoot common infected, despite a human survivor throwing a pipebomb. But this one ruins everything.

I think the processing of the orders to shoot common infected might have overflown or halted midway. It doesn't happen to the orders to shoot special infected, though. And, yes, the only solution (that I can think as of now) is restarting the game/server.
Lux
Veteran Member
Old 07-10-2018 , 17:08   Re: [L4D2] Pipe bomb affect bot's behavior [BUG]
Reply With Quote #4

If the problem is around on vanilla servers then there is a deeper problem with valve AI.

Commission me for L4D
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 07-10-2018 , 18:29   Re: [L4D2] Pipe bomb affect bot's behavior [BUG]
Reply With Quote #5

i've been slowly working on a somewhat sophisticated bot ai plugin using commandabot...doing so u can have the bots automatically target infected within a certain distance of them. I know this because i use that very method to get them damned stupid bots to immediately hit with melee weapon anything next to them, if there within say a distance of 200 they will move towards them attacking with melee if they're even further out they switch to guns and they shoot at them, switching back to melee if anything gets close enough. Learn how to manipulate commandabot for the bots and you can make them your bitch ;) I started learning how to manipulate them because it always pissed me off they'd just sit there getting hit in the back all the time.

Last edited by MasterMind420; 07-10-2018 at 18:35.
cravenge
Veteran Member
Old 07-10-2018 , 18:41   Re: [L4D2] Pipe bomb affect bot's behavior [BUG]
Reply With Quote #6

It is barely noticeable when human players are in control of almost all survivors but it should be obvious when you're playing alone or with someone.
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 07-10-2018 , 18:44   Re: [L4D2] Pipe bomb affect bot's behavior [BUG]
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cravenge View Post
It is barely noticeable when human players are in control of almost all survivors but it should be obvious when you're playing alone or with someone.
yah i agree, i do a lot of testing alone so...i'm not sure when i'll complete the plugin but its definitely a game changer for the bots, making them as human as possible. In some cases i just go spectate and watch the bots wreck stuff on expert, they rarely ever fail a level now.
cravenge
Veteran Member
Old 07-10-2018 , 19:42   Re: [L4D2] Pipe bomb affect bot's behavior [BUG]
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMind420 View Post
[...]
I was talking about the bots becoming bigger idiots, but I guess it goes for the plugin too.

You know, by the way how you describe the functions of the plugin, it's quite similar to that extension (which name I already forgot).
Lux
Veteran Member
Old 07-11-2018 , 01:17   Re: [L4D2] Pipe bomb affect bot's behavior [BUG]
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMind420 View Post
i've been slowly working on a somewhat sophisticated bot ai plugin using commandabot...doing so u can have the bots automatically target infected within a certain distance of them. I know this because i use that very method to get them damned stupid bots to immediately hit with melee weapon anything next to them, if there within say a distance of 200 they will move towards them attacking with melee if they're even further out they switch to guns and they shoot at them, switching back to melee if anything gets close enough. Learn how to manipulate commandabot for the bots and you can make them your bitch ;) I started learning how to manipulate them because it always pissed me off they'd just sit there getting hit in the back all the time.
Yea bots dumb my bots better than most people now it's not the bots fault anymore for dying its the people!

Commission me for L4D