Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D2] Improved Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v2.3.0 (20201024)]

Post New Thread Reply   

rikka0w0
Old 07-10-2018 , 03:13   Re: [L4D2] Improved Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.9.0 (20180706)]
Reply With Quote #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi.Cura View Post
Now I'm not sure if the modification has already been made.

If it has not been done, please disregard my previous post.

And I'll wait for the new version.
"!chmap" is a command which allows players to vote a map even in the middle of a campaign, probably it does not make sense to a public server, but I find it is useful on a private server (mostly like a friend-only game, but able to handle 8 or more player)

I'm going to make this command disabled by default.
Old 07-10-2018 , 03:22   Re: [L4D2] Improved Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.9.0 (20180706)]
Reply With Quote #42

Maybe just use the override system?
Old 07-10-2018 , 14:31   Re: [L4D2] Improved Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.9.0 (20180706)]
Reply With Quote #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikka0w0 View Post
"!chmap" is a command which allows players to vote a map even in the middle of a campaign, probably it does not make sense to a public server, but I find it is useful on a private server (mostly like a friend-only game, but able to handle 8 or more player)

I'm going to make this command disabled by default.

If this option can be deleted or can be disabled. Would be great.

I have a server for up to 20 players, and that's a problem.
At any moment players or group of trolls tried to change the map that is in progress.

Thank you very much if this is possible, and congratulations for the incredible work, the fact that you no longer need to edit the .SP file is extraordinary.

I will wait if possible, the new version.
rikka0w0
Old 07-11-2018 , 06:45   Re: [L4D2] Improved Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.9.0 (20180706)]
Reply With Quote #44

Quote:
If this option can be deleted or can be disabled. Would be great.

I have a server for up to 20 players, and that's a problem.
At any moment players or group of trolls tried to change the map that is in progress.

Thank you very much if this is possible, and congratulations for the incredible work, the fact that you no longer need to edit the .SP file is extraordinary.

I will wait if possible, the new version.
I just added a new Convar "acs_chmap_policy", set it to 0 disables "!chmap" and "!chmap2" (by default)

PS: I saw SourceMod 1.9 becomes stable. It has a new feature:
Added TranslationPhraseExists & IsTranslatedForLanguage
Migrate to these APIs can save hundreds lines of code, but I will not migrate to SM1.9 any time soon, since it will not work with popular SM1.7 and SM1.8.

Last edited by rikka0w0; 07-11-2018 at 06:48.
Mr. Man
Veteran Member
Old 07-11-2018 , 14:20   Re: [L4D2] Improved Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.9.0 (20180706)]
Reply With Quote #45

Still looking for a clarification on the difference between !chmap and !chmap2. They appear to be the same... unless I missed a previous post?

"2. A new map voting system is introduced, players can use "!chmap" to initiate a vote if they want to change the map immediately.
3. A new command "!chmap2" allows players to vote when they want to switch to any map available on the server, even the target map is not the first map of a campaign."

And I see that the logic behind map switch is still immediately upon successful voting... it should be 1. call vote on finale/survival maps -> voting in progress -> new map selected -> map switched upon completion/team wipe. Immediate map switch is bad. Also, if you are on a survival map, you can't vote for a coop map or it'll crash the server.

Last edited by Mr. Man; 07-11-2018 at 14:31.
rikka0w0
Old 07-12-2018 , 05:23   Re: [L4D2] Improved Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.9.0 (20180706)]
Reply With Quote #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Man View Post
Still looking for a clarification on the difference between !chmap and !chmap2. They appear to be the same... unless I missed a previous post?

"2. A new map voting system is introduced, players can use "!chmap" to initiate a vote if they want to change the map immediately.
3. A new command "!chmap2" allows players to vote when they want to switch to any map available on the server, even the target map is not the first map of a campaign."

And I see that the logic behind map switch is still immediately upon successful voting... it should be 1. call vote on finale/survival maps -> voting in progress -> new map selected -> map switched upon completion/team wipe. Immediate map switch is bad. Also, if you are on a survival map, you can't vote for a coop map or it'll crash the server.
1. "!chmap" and "!chmap2" are designed to change the map immediately at any time. As people mentioned, it could be a safety threat to some server, so I have already made these two commands disabled by default.

2. "!chmap" is for voting campaign, "!chmap2" is for voting a specific map, e.g. the third map of campaign "Dead Center". If vote succeed, "!chmap" changes the map to the first map of the winning campaign, "!chmap2" changes the map to the wining map.

3. In survival and scavenge mode, "!chmap" is redirected to "!chmap2".

4. "!mapvote" and "!mapvotes" are only available on the finale map or scavenge maps, they are exactly the same as the Chrisp's original version. "!mapvote" is for voting next campaign in coop and versus mode. In scavenge mode, players vote for next map. "!mapvote" and "!mapvotes" are disabled in survival mode.

5. The plugin handles coop, versus, scavenge and survival mode separately, there are 4 independent map/mission cycle lists. Players only see maps and campaigns which are available to the current game mode. So voting a coop map in survival mode cannot happen. "!mapvote" and "!mapvotes" can not be used on survival mode. If "!chmap" and "!chmap2" are enabled, players can use these commands to call a vote for the next map.

Hopefully my explanation helps

Last edited by rikka0w0; 07-12-2018 at 05:26.
Mr. Man
Veteran Member
Old 07-12-2018 , 11:27   Re: [L4D2] Improved Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.9.0 (20180706)]
Reply With Quote #47

Thanks for the clarification - it looks like I'll need to enable !chmap for people so they can also switch maps in survival, will give it a test.
Mi.Cura
Veteran Member
Old 07-13-2018 , 17:36   Re: [L4D2] Improved Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.9.0 (20180706)]
Reply With Quote #48

Hello, The system works fine, but something strange happens.

The plugins tracked some maps in duplicity. both custom maps and regular maps. This occurs in the missioncycle.coop.txt file, and in the missions.cache folder.

Then in the menu is named after some campaigns in duplicate both work for voting ..

An example of a part of the file, see that some are duplicates.

// Do not delete this line! format: <Mission Name(see txt files in missions.cache folder)>
L4D2C1
L4D2C2
L4D2C3
L4D2C4
L4D2C5
L4D2C6
L4D2C7
L4D2C8
L4D2C9
L4D2C10
L4D2C11
L4D2C12
L4D2C13
// 3-rd maps(Do not delete/modify this line!)
7HoursLaterII
7HoursLaterII
adammission
BloodProof
BloodTracks
L4D2C1
L4D2C10
L4D2C11
L4D2C12
L4D2C13
L4D2C2
L4D2C3
L4D2C4
L4D2C5
L4D2C6
L4D2C7
L4D2C8
L4D2C9
carnage2
deaddestination
damitdc
damitdc
darkwood
darkwood
DayBreak
DayBreak
drdegov21
DeadbeatEscape
DeadbeatEscape
DeadCity2
deaddestination
DeadFlagBlues
DDCW
deadrun
deadrun
DeadSeries
deadvacation
deadvacation
deathaboard2
DeathRowL4D2
deathSentence
Draxmap2
deathtrip
DeathWoods
detourahead
DevilMountain
Draxmap2
drdegov21
energycrisis
fallindeath
FarewellChenming
FatalFreight
FatalFreight
GasFever
goldeneye4dead
goldeneye4dead
hauntedforest
hauntedforest
HighwayToHell
ihatemountains2
ihatemountains2
Diescraper36
nt2013
nt2013
OpenRoadICSX
OpenRoadICSX
precinct84l4d2
precinct84l4d2
ProjectAuburn2
ravenholmwar2
red
red
RoadToNowhere2
RoadToNowhere2
rikka0w0
Old 07-14-2018 , 06:10   Re: [L4D2] Improved Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.9.0 (20180706)]
Reply With Quote #49

Quote:
Hello, The system works fine, but something strange happens.

The plugins tracked some maps in duplicity. both custom maps and regular maps. This occurs in the missioncycle.coop.txt file, and in the missions.cache folder.

Then in the menu is named after some campaigns in duplicate both work for voting ..

An example of a part of the file, see that some are duplicates.
What operating system are you using? I have tested the plugin on Windows 10, Windows Server 2016, CentOS 6.5, Ubuntu 14.04, Debian 9.2 and have not observed this problem.

Also can you provide a screenshot of your "missions.cache" folder? In every OS I know, two files in one folder cannot have the same file name. For linux, you can have "QwQ.txt" and "qwq.txt" in one folder, but srcds seems don't like it.

Last edited by rikka0w0; 07-14-2018 at 06:29.
Mi.Cura
Veteran Member
Old 07-14-2018 , 10:34   Re: [L4D2] Improved Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.9.0 (20180706)]
Reply With Quote #50

I think I found what's happening.

I use a pluguim called (l4d_campaign_manager.smx) and I have a folder called "missions", with all the .TXT files of the maps.

Probably the new plugin would track this folder as well and add the map names again.

The Plugin, (l4d_campaign_manager.smx) has always been useful because it is added to the admin menu, so that only Admins could change map at any time.

To test again, I deleted the missions folder and removed the plugin (l4d_campaign_manager.smx), and now the campaigns have been tracking correctly.

When testing in game, voting starts but does not show custom maps, only regular maps are shown in the voting option. Even though all maps appear correctly in the missions.cache folder.

Well, since I just reported it, I do not know what's wrong, it did not work for me.

I missed the plugin (l4d_campaign_manager.smx) in the admin menu, then re-used again. Because ( l4d2_mission_manager.smx ) does not work in the admin menu, it is connected to !Chmap, right.
I think it would be best for! Chmap to work by Admins (Flag), only.
And do not only disable and enable.

But congratulations for the incredible work, the fact that you no longer need to edit the .SP file is extraordinary.

Last edited by Mi.Cura; 07-14-2018 at 10:37.