No MOTD in Panorama

Post New Thread Reply   

ghostofmybrain
Veteran Member
Old 07-06-2018 , 20:16   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlov420 View Post
Not all communities are spamming loud video ads. Just stop playing at the ones that do, it's not really that big of a deal. There are lots of great communities out there and folks should stop supporting the ones that abuse their players.
Agreed. It's frustrating how many great servers are empty while the ones that spam ads are always full... and yet all people do is complain about the ads. Just stop going there!
ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 07-06-2018 , 20:40   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by boboffuture View Post
Do you know that alot of community servers rely on InGame MOTD Ads to stay online?
sucks for those guys
Old 07-06-2018 , 20:51   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohyeah1234 View Post
Ads are pretty cancer i agree. If they would appear in motd only on connect that would be fine but not in mid game with some loud ad playing in the background with no option to change volume.
Thats why u can make VIP systems in the server. Or if u have high traffic to the servers try to get an sponsorship and just simply display png banner on player death. Or try to get traffic on your gaming forum and simply display google ads.
But in game its sucks to hear them and its makes hard for people to block them if they dont know how to disable motd.

Anyway this update little bit sucks my custom radio plugin wont work anymore. And some short web links.
you'll get your adsense account banned for that

------------ edit -------------

i wasn't reading too closely i thought u meant show google ads on the motd

Last edited by 8guawong; 07-06-2018 at 21:01.
slurmdog
Old 07-06-2018 , 21:04   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #14

The Multi1v1 plugin uses motd to show stats, which is broken right now. Hopefully there'll be a replacement for motd, even if it's without sound.
boboffuture
Old 07-06-2018 , 22:49   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddhoward View Post
sucks for those guys
Why people hate so much MOTD Ads? If you don't like it, enable cl_disabledhtmlmotd, if server kicks you, blacklist it. It's that simple. You can also check if they have in the plugin list.

I mean, most of the players in my servers are fine with ads (since I allow them to use cl_disablehtmlmotd, and also encourage them if they have bad computers) and every month it helps me quite a bit, how is that bad? I cannot understand it.
The Overseer
Old 07-06-2018 , 22:57   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #16

I use MOTD to show ingame stats and Auth screen. Now its broken.
ghostofmybrain
Veteran Member
Old 07-06-2018 , 23:16   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by boboffuture View Post
Why people hate so much MOTD Ads?.
I hate being advertised to in every corner of my life. I'm not looking for something for nothing - require me to pay to enter a server for all I care. I just don't want advertisers pushing shit down my throat 24/7 and I definitely don't want it in a video game I play for enjoyment.
Mitchell
~lick~
Old 07-07-2018 , 02:20   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #18

If the motd panel isnt broken when you do !motd then i dont see how a plugin cant just display the motd on player_spawn
Fastmancz
Old 07-07-2018 , 03:47   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #19

That could be expected from Valve. Nothing new, but we need the MOTD. Is an integral part. When the ads are not heard/seen, so do not bother anyone. Ads support the servers and community. However, the MOTD is used for more things, not just the ads. Good job Valve...

Main owner of the CMGPORTAL.CZ.
---------------------------------------
My plugins:
[CS:GO] Panorama - Timeleft
[CS:GO] JailBreak - Be quiet, please!

Last edited by Fastmancz; 07-07-2018 at 03:51.
ASKER_CZ
BANNED
Old 07-07-2018 , 04:53   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #20

Rip my 30 servers . Rip xx K/$ per month . Rip csgo

Edit : i dont know if valve Is retarded or what , but community makes thé game . Not a fuc*Ing matchmaking servers wiith full od hackers .

I dont know why , but it just seems like valve Is trying to kill csgo even more .

Btw not ONLY "those mainstream communities with skins , etc" use Motdgd to display Ads / oř for better user interface , but there Are also servers like faceit,esea,cevo ... I am sure that all od them use motd in some way . Hosting csgo servers Will Now be worthless.

Btw : ONLY jealous pricks Are happy that there Will be no more ADS . Its not my problém that some big communities malé as much money as you do from your job

Peace

Last edited by ASKER_CZ; 07-07-2018 at 05:02.