Post New Thread Reply   

Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 06-23-2018 , 09:04   Re: [L4D2] Real Zoey Unlock (1.1.1) [22-Jun-2018]
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cravenge View Post
These are for you! d(^_^)b

Edit: If I understand correctly, the problem with Zoey was with her response system after all?
You can keep the Bacon I don't eat that stuff lol, but yeah seems like it was response. I tried to detour the Util_* command but server would crash, so instead blocking the call seems to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visual77 View Post
On the command itself, I would prevent the command from working if one is already playing as a zoey (just a precaution so ppl can't spam the same charachter change over and over (overloading the server and pontentially breaking it?)

Otherwise nice work. Seems like anything can be solved with mempatching nowadays.
I love memory patching. That's pretty much the first thing I started doing before I got into programming/scripting.

The command is admin only, I only provided for testing and not for actual usage. I recommend servers update and use a proper character changing plugin.
Old 06-23-2018 , 09:57   Re: [L4D2] Real Zoey Unlock (1.1.1) [22-Jun-2018]
Reply With Quote #12

Valve is lazy or just doesn't care as long as it's playable. At least, everyone can now play as the real Zoey without finding any other (quite expensive, if I may add) methods.

Well, better prepare if this problem goes to Louis.

Last edited by cravenge; 06-23-2018 at 09:58.
Silvers
Old 06-23-2018 , 10:05   Re: [L4D2] Real Zoey Unlock (1.1.1) [22-Jun-2018]
Reply With Quote #13

Are there any other crashes or bugs? I'd like a bit more mem patching lol.
Old 06-23-2018 , 12:30   Re: [L4D2] Real Zoey Unlock (1.1.1) [22-Jun-2018]
Reply With Quote #14

dxc2 came up with a method that would outright prevent bots from healing others or themselves. Unfortunately he disappeared as real life tends to do to people.

The only other memory patching I could think of is finding a way to force them to only heal on final strike, as in when they are black and white. Pills/Adrenaline can be used whenever.

And/or finding a way to load l4d2 arms/icons on l4d1 maps when the set is 2 via memory patching. It can be done with client vpk as I use a vpk to see them, but only those who manually change them via vpk can see them and it has to be done to every individual mission.txt file. Which takes time.

Last edited by Sev; 06-23-2018 at 12:34.
Silvers
Old 06-23-2018 , 12:54   Re: [L4D2] Real Zoey Unlock (1.1.1) [22-Jun-2018]
Reply With Quote #15

I wrote a private "Block Bots" plugin some years ago, but it breaks often with gamedata changes and is not simple to fix as just getting the signature since I'm changing patching specific bytes JZ to JNZ and NOP on CALL etc. It seemed to work good except some functions potentially caused a crash as I probably patched the wrong part.

It stopped bots: Healing self, healing others, using pills/adren, and some other stuff.

Recently I re-wrote the plugin using detours and while everything looked to work perfect from the start, with more options such as providing a forward for other plugins to decide which survivor could heal, it's been bugging out when you change from deny to allow.

So I'm not sure what to do. The old method is probably good enough to stop bots healing self/others, and taking pills/adren. If anyones interested in getting either method working PM me.

Arms/icons, sounds like it's probably client side issue. Which vpk addon is that?

Last edited by Silvers; 06-23-2018 at 12:54.
Sev
Veteran Member
Old 06-23-2018 , 13:27   Re: [L4D2] Real Zoey Unlock (1.1.1) [22-Jun-2018]
Reply With Quote #16

Oh I just meant my way to get around it was extracting the mission txt files from one of the pak01 directories, unpacking it, changing the survivor set to 2 for the l4d1 campaigns, repack it, then just use it client side so I can see the arms and icons of the l4d2 crew on the default l4d1 maps.

For instance, if I wanted to have the arms/icons on custom campaigns. I would have to do the same method with the custom campaign mission txt files.

I'd be interested in a method that would no longer need vpks. Think of the female boomer/cs guns and how that was worked into an extension instead of using vpks to change the mission txt files.
cravenge
Veteran Member
Old 06-23-2018 , 23:35   Re: [L4D2] Real Zoey Unlock (1.1.1) [22-Jun-2018]
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
[...]
All good! No problems.
hoanganh81097
Old 07-05-2018 , 16:50   Re: [L4D2] Real Zoey Unlock (1.1.1) [22-Jun-2018]
Reply With Quote #18

Can u make with survivor_chat_select.smx ?
when i press !csm and change Zoey -> Nick
Silvers
Old 07-05-2018 , 17:04   Re: [L4D2] Real Zoey Unlock (1.1.1) [22-Jun-2018]
Reply With Quote #19

This plugin is provided as-is. Developers of character changing plugins should update and release their scripts in support of this fix. There are many different plugins with those functions. It shouldn't be my job to update them, I simply provide the fix. If I had a server and played I would update/release the fix for whichever character selection plugins I used. Sorry.
Old 07-06-2018 , 05:29   Re: [L4D2] Real Zoey Unlock (1.1.1) [22-Jun-2018]
Reply With Quote #20

Hell yes...
Even though i've been replacing her as an unknown character in my game is just "lol" to me.