Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Counter-Strike should be free to play?

Post New Thread Reply   

klippy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-21-2018 , 21:56   Re: Counter-Strike should be free to play?
Reply With Quote #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
I wasn't aware of it either until I started talking to a group of people and someone from Italy brought up that games on Steam were generally cheaper there.
After some Googling, it looks like they removed tiers (they initially had 3 EU tiers?) in 2016, there's only 1 pricing for anyone paying with Euro now. Seems like it has something to do with EU law actually.

Last edited by klippy; 04-21-2018 at 21:56.
tarsisd2
Veteran Member
Old 04-21-2018 , 21:58   Re: Counter-Strike should be free to play?
Reply With Quote #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadet.89 View Post
tarsisd2, apparently You have no idea how people live in favelas, Rassia... and you haven't read all off my message or You would not call me a liar
i'm not calling you a liar, and i do know how people live in favelas, i am from Brazil, just that people have other priority with their money, but a game you can buy with 10 BRL, people are able to afford, the harder part is to get a computer, get good internet, people struggle to buy those things, i know, but 10 BRL, it's really cheap, and you can get even cheaper, that price you can't even get a real meal over here
haZh
Old 04-21-2018 , 23:28   Re: Counter-Strike should be free to play?
Reply With Quote #33

It's already forced-to-be-free if you look closely lol. Aw wait, no more discussion allowed.

Last edited by haZh; 04-21-2018 at 23:28.
Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 04-22-2018 , 05:34   Re: Counter-Strike should be free to play?
Reply With Quote #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by OciXCrom View Post
1. You can't download a cracked computer from the internet, can you? In most countries money isn't the issue.

2. The kids aren't buying their own computers. Their parents are. Good luck convincing people that have no clue how computers work that putting your credit card information in a random gaming platform which they never heard of is safe.

3. Kids aren't paying the internet bills.

4. Kids don't have credit cards and in my country there is no other possible payment method.

5. Some people don't even know that the game is not free. The first thing that pops up in Google when you write Counter-Strike 1.6 is a free non-steam version, so why would someone want to buy it if they can get it for free with only one click?
1. To stay on your way, you could steal one.
2. If their parents buy them a computer, i am pretty sure they won't give them these few bucks extra for a game
3. Look number 2
4. again look number 2
5. the first thing my parents teached me was: nothing on earth is free. What did your parent teach you?

Syturi0
Veteran Member
Old 04-22-2018 , 06:56   Re: Counter-Strike should be free to play?
Reply With Quote #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordekay View Post
1. To stay on your way, you could steal one.
2. If their parents buy them a computer, i am pretty sure they won't give them these few bucks extra for a game
3. Look number 2
4. again look number 2
5. the first thing my parents teached me was: nothing on earth is free. What did your parent teach you?
Our parents teach us to save money. We dont live in Germany like you do, litterly the MOST rich contry in EUROPE by a mile. Youth unemployment is 30/40% in most "poor" Europe contrys, while Germany is 5%~ and going down every year. You live in a rich contry and you had rich parents your youth life, stop judging other kids that dont have the same luck as you do.

Last edited by Syturi0; 04-22-2018 at 06:59.
Syturi0
Veteran Member
Old 04-22-2018 , 07:14   Re: Counter-Strike should be free to play?
Reply With Quote #36

Why are you defending a multi bilionaire company? Valve only cares about money, not their fans/community or people in general.

Why would someone (that lives in poor contrys) pay 8€ for a 20+ years old game that gets no updates, no bug-fixes, nothing... dispite being in the top-10 most currently played game on steam. The AMXX/Modding community has offered to help Valve in Goldsrc updates, for free, and they refused, they litterly want CS:1.6 to die so everyone plays CS:GO and wastes IRL money on shitty Skins and Cosmetics.
Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 04-22-2018 , 07:15   Re: Counter-Strike should be free to play?
Reply With Quote #37

I'm not going to judge on anyone here.
But you and all others here have to accept and respect that this board does not support your doing.
This board has to respect the law. Get that in your mind and stop arguing.

OciXCrom
Veteran Member
Old 04-22-2018 , 07:44   Re: Counter-Strike should be free to play?
Reply With Quote #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordekay View Post
Sure, I remember asking mine to buy me a game that was worth 5 euro when I was little. The answer was something like: "ARE YOU CRAZY??? GIVING MY CREDIT CARD INFORMATION TO THE INTERNET??? DO YOU KNOW HOW EASY IT IS FOR SOMEONE TO STEAL YOUR INFORMATION???"

No, thanks.

Quote:
20+ years old game that gets no updates, no bug-fixes, nothing
Sure it gets updates. The last update broke thousands of plugins.
Veteran Member
Old 04-22-2018 , 12:38   Re: Counter-Strike should be free to play?
Reply With Quote #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syturi0 View Post
Counter-Skins:Gambling-Offensive is giving them way too much money.
They give zero f***'s about 1.6
LMAOץ

Discord: Eyal282#1334
Relaxing
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-22-2018 , 13:57   Re: Counter-Strike should be free to play?
Reply With Quote #40

It's been a month since CS gambling is dead. Slightly players has been switching to PUBG.