Plugin Category:
Technical/Development
Plugin Game:
Counter-Strike: GO
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    This plugin will find any CSS map in your maps folder
    Old 04-11-2018 , 05:02   [CSGO] CSS Map finder.
    Reply With Quote #1

This plugin is maybe useful only for servers with big amount of maps. (Like bhop, surf, etc.)

It will find and print to file all CSS maps that you have in "csgo/maps/" folder, so you can replace all css maps with csgo ports for example, or just to know how many CSS maps do you have.

Usage: sm_checkver <mapname> for checking only one specific map or sm_checkver all, to check all maps in "csgo/maps/" folder, result output file would be in "csgo/" folder named "cssmaps.txt".
    #NOTE: you need a ROOT admin flag to execute that command!
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (bspvertest.sp - 855 views - 2.5 KB)
    File Type: smx bspvertest.smx (5.5 KB, 362 views)

Last edited by butare; 04-11-2018 at 05:04.
    sneaK
    SourceMod Moderator
    Old 04-11-2018 , 12:12   Re: [CSGO] CSS Map finder.
    Reply With Quote #2

Many CS:S map ports to CS:GO will still retain the CS:S VBSP version, so this doesn't actually do much.

Edit: Yeah, just ran this on one of my servers and it claims I have 424 CS:S maps, when they are all ports that are working well in CS:GO.

Last edited by sneaK; 04-11-2018 at 12:14.
    butare
    Old 04-11-2018 , 12:17   Re: [CSGO] CSS Map finder.
    Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sneaK View Post
    Many CS:S map ports to CS:GO will still retain the CS:S VBSP version, so this doesn't actually do much.

Edit: Yeah, just ran this on one of my servers and it claims I have 424 CS:S maps, when they are all ports that are working well in CS:GO.
    Well then you have to deal with it, cuz if it is a "port" as you saying it needs to be compiled in csgo hammer which leads to VBSP ver 21, and if you have VBSP ver 20, then it's not a "port" it's just a map that work in both games, CSS and CSGO, but it was created for CSS, in CSS Hammer!

Last edited by butare; 04-11-2018 at 12:26.
    Mitchell
    ~lick~
    Old 04-11-2018 , 12:26   Re: [CSGO] CSS Map finder.
    Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
    Originally Posted by butare View Post
    in CSS Hammer!
    I don't think hammer was updated for cs:go just the applications used to compile the map.
    butare
    Old 04-11-2018 , 12:30   Re: [CSGO] CSS Map finder.
    Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
    I don't think hammer was updated for cs:go just the applications used to compile the map.
    Well you can clearly see here, that CSS and CSGO uses different VBSP versions, and yeah that version stored in .bsp header and also CSS SDK and CSGO SDK uses different vbsp.exe

Update: Sorry I misread your post, yeah you're right, by CSS Hammer I meant not hammer itself but tools that you are using to compile

Last edited by butare; 04-11-2018 at 12:38.
    sneaK
    SourceMod Moderator
    Old 04-11-2018 , 12:40   Re: [CSGO] CSS Map finder.
    Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
    Originally Posted by butare View Post
    Well then you have to deal with it, cuz if it is a "port" as you saying it needs to be compiled in csgo hammer which leads to VBSP ver 21, and if you have VBSP ver 20, then it's not a "port" it's just a map that work in both games, CSS and CSGO, but it was created for CSS, in CSS Hammer!
    Define "works".

Sure, the BSP will load in both games (VBSP ver 21 maps will also load in CSS also, fun fact), however proper CS:S > CS:GO ports include many fixes including packed textures, lighting, ladders, etc. Just because a map will 'load' doesn't mean it 'works'.

So I suppose this plugin can show you how many proper CS:GO ports you have & CS:S maps you may have mistakenly thrown in, but there will be no way to differentiate just by VBSP version.

Last edited by sneaK; 04-11-2018 at 12:41.
    butare
    Old 04-11-2018 , 12:45   Re: [CSGO] CSS Map finder.
    Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sneaK View Post
    Define "works".

Sure, the BSP will load in both games (VBSP ver 21 maps will also load in CSS also, fun fact), however proper CS:S > CS:GO ports include many fixes including packed textures, lighting, ladders, etc. Just because a map will 'load' doesn't mean it 'works'.

So I suppose this plugin can show you how many proper CS:GO ports you have & CS:S maps you may have mistakenly thrown in, but there will be no way to differentiate just by VBSP version.
    Lol but if it was compiled with VBSP ver 20, there's no way it can be "ported". In my case from all of my maps (800) I have only 35 from CSS, so if you have more of them, then that were your choice to upload them

Last edited by butare; 04-11-2018 at 12:48.