Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Gameplay
Plugin Game:
Left 4 Dead
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Allows for multiple witch spawns each map alongside a tank by dynamically adjusting basegame convars.
    Old 03-25-2018 , 00:57   [L4D/2] More Director Bosses: Many Witches Guaranteed Tank
    Reply With Quote #1

More Director Bosses
    Repost because I typed "None" in the cvar box and therefore original post was not flagged as a plugin. Original thread edited to link to this one. No way to delete threads D:

Compatible with both L4D And L4D2

Short Description
    This is a simple plugin that forces the Director to give you multiple witches each map, alongside a guaranteed tank. It works simply by toggling basegame cvars.

Long Description
    The game has two console variables "director_force_witch" and "director_force_tank" which forces the Director to offer you the respective bosses as soon as possible. However, the two variables are mutually exclusive as the two bosses are treated as the same entity - if you set both variables to one, you will get either multiple tanks with no witches or multiple witches with no tanks.

This plugin is a simple jerry-rigged solution to counteract that problem. At the start of each map, it forces witch but not tank. When the first witch spawns, if no tank has spawned yet, it sets "force_tank" to 1 and disables "force_witch". After the first tank spawns, it sets "force witch" to 1 and disables "force tank".

On a normal map, this translates to multiple witches per map, as well as 1 tank that occurs after your first witch encounter in the map. In finales, tank waves still occur as normal. Special rules are implemented for finale maps to potentially allow for multiple witches if possible. Note that boss spawns still obey map-specified rules.

I made this as I was dissatisfied with existing options to handle boss spawns. Using z_spawn_old to spawn the bosses is terrible gameplay-wise as they cannot be paced properly, with jarring results such as tanks in the midst of a panic event or a witch suddenly popping up in the room next to you.
    As they are out of director control, they can also spawn in places they should not be able to, resulting in absurd situations like a spawn in the c1m1 or c8m1 corridors.

Installation

The "Get Plugin" button does not work. The plugin will not compile since it utilizes a left4downtown2 native. Download the smx. Drag and drop to addons/sourcemod/plugins.

Latest Left4Downtown2 Extension
    Latest working Left4Downtown2 Gamedata - Use the extensions from github, not this link.

Compatibility
    This only tampers with basegame cvars, should be compatible with everything. It only manipulates the Director's chances of spawning tanks/witches; does not interfere at all with tank mods such as the likes of Super Tanks, Last Boss, MultiTanks, Finale Tank Storm et al.
    Plugins to spawn more witches are technically compatible but obsolete and not recommended.

Notes
    • All this plugin does is dynamically toggle basegame cvars based on the situation. It is up to the director to spawn the bosses. Dont come to me saying "no witch/tank on XX map!!111" Boss spawns still obey each map's vscript rules.
    • This makes tank spawns less dynamic and more predictable. As the code indicates, the map's tank always appears after the first witch that you encounter.
    • This is my first plugin. I am new to sourcemod so tell me if I did anything wrong in my plugin. Do tell me if there is any code optimization I can implement.

Miscellaneous
    These variables will allow you to further tweak the director's boss spawn rates.

Related Console Variables

I recommend these cvar settings for best experience. I use these on my realism hard eight server.
    director_tank_max_interval 500
    director_tank_min_interval 180 //default 500
    director_threat_max_separation 5000
    director_threat_min_separation 500 //default 5000
    director_threat_radius 500 //default 1000
    director_max_threat_areas 8 //default 4

Do not change max interval timings or your boss spawns will become incredibly static. (Ie they will always be at the same spots)

Related Vscript DirectorOptions

cm_WitchLimit
    cm_TankLimit

You want to use the mutation specific values (cm_) since they can override map/event specified values.

Related Versus Control Variables

Director boss spawns work slightly differently for versus mode. I have not tested the plugin on versus mode as I do not play modded versus. If you are not seeing bosses on versus with this plugin, try modifying the following cvars.

versus_witch_chance //default 0.75
    versus_witch_chance_finale //default 0.1
    versus_witch_chance_intro //default 0.3
    versus_tank_chance //default 0.75
    versus_tank_chance_finale //default 0.1
    versus_tank_chance_intro //default 0.3
    vs_threat_initial_distance_first_map_max //default 12000
    vs_threat_initial_distance_first_map_min //default 8000
    vs_threat_initial_distance_max //default 8000
    vs_threat_initial_distance_min //default 3000
    vs_threat_radius //default 200

Changelog
    8th April 2018: Switched to using Lux's stock for checking final map. Left 4 Downtown 2 no longer required. Added special rules for c5m1_waterfront, spawning a tank before witch.
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d_moredirectorbosses.sp - 2884 views - 3.6 KB)

Last edited by ConnerRia; 04-08-2018 at 02:46.
    cravenge
    Veteran Member
    Old 03-25-2018 , 04:54   Re: [L4D/2] More Director Bosses: Many Witches Guaranteed Tank
    Reply With Quote #2

Offtopic: You are linking two different versions of the Left 4 Downtown 2 extension, making it hard for others to identify which is which.

Last edited by cravenge; 03-25-2018 at 05:01.
    ConnerRia
    Old 03-27-2018 , 01:32   Re: [L4D/2] More Director Bosses: Many Witches Guaranteed Tank
    Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cravenge View Post
    Offtopic: You are linking two different versions of the Left 4 Downtown 2 extension, making it hard for others to identify which is which.
    I linked Merudo's post because the later gamedata do not work for me on windows. With your linked gamedata I end up getting frequent server crashes ; error logs report one missing signature. (Only one).

Last edited by ConnerRia; 03-27-2018 at 01:33.
    cravenge
    Veteran Member
    Old 03-27-2018 , 01:45   Re: [L4D/2] More Director Bosses: Many Witches Guaranteed Tank
    Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ConnerRia View Post
    [...]
    Offtopic: May I ask which signature? Since you're the first one to give me feedback about it.

Old syntax has something to do with this. Refer to Lux's answer.

So far, I haven't been able to notice any crashes on my Windows 7 and 10 computers.

Last edited by cravenge; 03-27-2018 at 02:09. Reason: Duh...
    Lux
    Veteran Member
    Old 03-27-2018 , 02:03   Re: [L4D/2] More Director Bosses: Many Witches Guaranteed Tank
    Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cravenge View Post
    Offtopic: May I ask which signature? Since you're the first one to give me feedback about it.

Also, check the plugins you have installed if some are using the old syntax of the natives and forwards that L4DT2 provides. There are times the frequent server crashes are caused by this.

So far, I haven't been able to notice any crashes on my Windows 7 and 10 computers.
    LOL old syntax you say.
    Instead of posting this here, submit an issue on the github then...

Either way sounds like L4DDT2/gamedata problem not the syntax

ConnerRia this could be alternative method for you

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Timocop View Post
    PHP Code:
    stock bool IsFinalMap()
    {
        return (
    FindEntityByClassname(-1"info_changelevel") == -1

&& FindEntityByClassname(-1"trigger_changelevel") == -1);

Commission me for L4D

Last edited by Lux; 03-27-2018 at 02:09.
    ConnerRia
    Old 04-08-2018 , 02:37   Re: [L4D/2] More Director Bosses: Many Witches Guaranteed Tank
    Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lux View Post
    LOL old syntax you say.
    Instead of posting this here, submit an issue on the github then...

Either way sounds like L4DDT2/gamedata problem not the syntax

ConnerRia this could be alternative method for you
    Thanks. Switched to using this method.

Also added special rules for Parish Map 1 since it has a tank spawn spot before any witch spawn spots.

If there are any other maps that need special rules, please notify me.
    Old 09-29-2018 , 23:05   Re: [L4D/2] More Director Bosses: Many Witches Guaranteed Tank
    Reply With Quote #7

hola help you

the plugin is well worked ... I just wanted to know how to deactivate the tank respawn in certain chapters
    since I use the stripper configuration of sky..and that delivers tank statics for your events c2m4_barns, c4m4_milltown_b and C12m4_barn there I have some events and the tanks are static ...

Also if you could help me how to have the tank respanw from 80% of distance in c1m1_hotel

thank you...
    Old 03-14-2019 , 06:49   Re: [L4D/2] More Director Bosses: Many Witches Guaranteed Tank
    Reply With Quote #8

witches' spawn is very static most of the times, any fix to that?
    DarkzKnight
    Old 06-24-2019 , 12:15   Re: [L4D/2] More Director Bosses: Many Witches Guaranteed Tank
    Reply With Quote #9

i've noticed this mod interferes the finale of the no mercy campaign (haven't tested another campaign)
    if it is activated on the finale, the director didn't seem to spawn the horde and/or tank correctly that results in kinda a soft bug where there are no zombie spawn,
    so you are stuck and cannot progress

have to disable to mod for the finale to work correctly

the witch in certain areas also seems to disappear when startled (still visible when idle)

great mod, though

Last edited by DarkzKnight; 06-26-2019 at 10:05.