Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Weird crashing problem

Post New Thread Reply   

Partycat
Old 07-23-2004 , 10:33   Weird crashing problem
Reply With Quote #1

Ok so I thought I got everything working on the server, so I could go and balance in the pile of heros, and then all of a sudden this weird problem starts.

Maps like Aztec, and Office, will have this weird like, spike. It will cause ping to go up to like, 1600, 2000 (server ping, game just stops) for about a minute, then comes back. Repeats a little then crashes. Ok I have no idea.

Second thing though, is that when you are playing on Dust or something , rather than crash, I get the dialog box (Server Shutting Down) and then it boots back up, as though I had issued an rcon quit. What's up with that?

This only started recently, after some of the players have begun to level up higher. The logs don't say anything, but rather than tear it all apart, if anyone knows, I would appreciate a bit o help.
Chivas2973
Veteran Member
Old 07-23-2004 , 18:32  
Reply With Quote #2

one thing to remember, the more plugins you have, the more resources are being used, the more players you have, the more resources are being used, now to multiply the level of players times the amount of players in server, it is alot of plugins doing alot of things at once

you may need to consider cutting back on some heros, I would love to have everyhero I have ever found in my server but it just can't handle it

Just a thought but maybe you get better advice