[ANY] ASteambot - Arkarr's Steam bot

Post New Thread Reply   

Sillium
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-11-2017 , 01:47   Re: [ANY] ASteambot - Arkarr's Steambot
Reply With Quote #521

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelrw View Post
so steam_admins is just a list of steamID values (separated by a ' / ' ) that i want to give access to

also, while it doesnt have to run on same server as game server.. do most people do this? if so, how then do you run the exe? also, if you were to run it on your home PC, i imagine it would need to be on at all times to listen for donations?
It's a list of SteamIDs you want to be admins. It's not a list of SteamIDs who are allowed to access it.

What do you mean how you run the exe? You do it like any other exe.
Or do you mean how you can run it if you e.g. only have FTP access?

Yes the server/PC has to run all the time for the Bot to function.

www.unterwasserpyromanen.de
Arkarr
Veteran Member
Old 10-11-2017 , 08:44   Re: [ANY] ASteambot - Arkarr's Steambot
Reply With Quote #522

@drhax9908
That's very kind of you, really, but I must deny it. It will give me 1-2 month of temporary solution, but after that, I stay on the same problem. I made my code better and clear, now, all my RAM is usued but at least, it doesn't crash haha... Thank you again.

EDIT:
Also, I have enough to have a roof, internet and PC and food, so it's alright... I'm not THAT bad haha...

@michaelrw
Quote:
so steam_admins is just a list of steamID values (separated by a ' / ' ) that i want to give access to
Separated by whatever you want, just make sure they are in STEAM_ID:X:Y... format.

Quote:
also, while it doesnt have to run on same server as game server.. do most people do this?
I don't know, ask them. I personnally let the bot run on a raspberrypi. My servers are on when I do test, I don't really own a server...

Quote:
if so, how then do you run the exe?
On windows, double click.
On Unix, mono. I use mono on my raspberry pi.

Quote:
also, if you were to run it on your home PC, i imagine it would need to be on at all times to listen for donations?
No. You can shut it down and when it restart it *should* (last time I test, around 1.6.0, it worked) load all the finished trades and send the credits to the players.

Althrough, if the bot is not running, obviously, he can't do trade offers, and people won't be able to use the !donation command.

Also, if you have questions regarding to a specific module, please post your question on the coresponding thread, here in AM.

@all
Thank you for using my bot. I appreciate ALL your feedbacks.
Old 10-12-2017 , 16:22   Re: [ANY] ASteambot - Arkarr's Steambot
Reply With Quote #523

so everything seemed to go ok, i installed mono, ran the exe, it connected to db server, connected to db, then started giving me "Disconnected from Steam, reconnecting in 5 seconds..." is this maybe because of Steam Guard? not sure how I can give it steam guard access, if thats what is needed
Arkarr
Veteran Member
Old 10-13-2017 , 02:25   Re: [ANY] ASteambot - Arkarr's Steambot
Reply With Quote #524

Quote:
so everything seemed to go ok, i installed mono, ran the exe, it connected to db server, connected to db, then started giving me "Disconnected from Steam, reconnecting in 5 seconds..." is this maybe because of Steam Guard? not sure how I can give it steam guard access, if thats what is needed
What happen after 5 seconds ? It's normal for the bot to disconnect and reconnect at the beginning.
Do you have steamguard on the bot's account ? As it been linked through ASteambot ?
Old 10-13-2017 , 02:52   Re: [ANY] ASteambot - Arkarr's Steambot
Reply With Quote #525

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkarr View Post
What happen after 5 seconds ? It's normal for the bot to disconnect and reconnect at the beginning.
Do you have steamguard on the bot's account ? As it been linked through ASteambot ?
Starting TCP server on port xxxx
Connecting to database server...
Success.
Attempt to connect to database...
Connection to database successfully done !
Disconnected from Steam, reconnecting in 5 seconds...
repeat over and over

yes, the bot account has steamguard on it. but I dont know how to tell ASteamBot to use steam guard code.. it never ask me for code in SSH or anything, so idk.

Also, when Asteambot is finished with the database connection (Connection to database successfully done !), the title of the PuTTY window changes from "Akarr's steambot" to "Akarr's steambot - [NO STEAMBOT SELECTED USE 'select']" not sure if this means anything to you

Last edited by michaelrw; 10-13-2017 at 02:58.
Arkarr
Veteran Member
Old 10-13-2017 , 02:57   Re: [ANY] ASteambot - Arkarr's Steambot
Reply With Quote #526

Quote:
"Disconnected from Steam, reconnecting in 5 seconds..."
repeat over and over

yes, the bot account has steamguard on it. but I dont know how to tell ASteamBot to use steam guard code.. it never ask me for code in SSH or anything, so idk.
Sucess ! It's a bug !
Write :
help
And use the approriate command to link/unlink the steamguard. Or, wait for my fix in about 2-3 houres.

Just keep in mind that if you link/unlink the steamguard, your bot won't be able to do trade / sent trade offers for the next 30 days.
Old 10-13-2017 , 03:15   Re: [ANY] ASteambot - Arkarr's Steambot
Reply With Quote #527

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkarr View Post
Sucess ! It's a bug !
Write :
help
And use the approriate command to link/unlink the steamguard. Or, wait for my fix in about 2-3 houres.

Just keep in mind that if you link/unlink the steamguard, your bot won't be able to do trade / sent trade offers for the next 30 days.
i will wait for now. and for the 30 days wait, this is not a new account.. this is my smurf csgo account im using because the 'bto account' i created was making me buy game and spend money to get API key.. and i dont want to spend money just for steam api key. so i use my alt account, which steam guard has been enabled for a long time

thanks for update soon
Arkarr
Veteran Member
Old 10-13-2017 , 03:21   Re: [ANY] ASteambot - Arkarr's Steambot
Reply With Quote #528

Quote:
i will wait for now. and for the 30 days wait, this is not a new account.. this is my smurf csgo account im using because the 'bto account' i created was making me buy game and spend money to get API key.. and i dont want to spend money just for steam api key. so i use my alt account, which steam guard has been enabled for a long time

thanks for update soon
If you have an account protected by a steam guard for 999 years, and later you decide to disable it and then renable it, you still will have the 30 days wait period.

If your phone is jailbreaked/rooted, you can extract the auth files and bypass the activation / reactivation of steamguard on your bot account.

Last edited by Arkarr; 10-13-2017 at 03:22.
Arkarr
Veteran Member
Old 10-13-2017 , 04:22   Re: [ANY] ASteambot - Arkarr's Steambot
Reply With Quote #529

Try last update, might have fixed your problem. I believe you run the bot under linux. I would like to know what you installed (wich version of mono + extra (?)) and also the version of ASteambot.

It's higly possible that the bot can't read from the configuration file, the .sentry file or the .auth file.
Check your permissions.

I remember having this problem on my unix system, can't remember how I fixed it through...
Old 10-13-2017 , 11:47   Re: [ANY] ASteambot - Arkarr's Steambot
Reply With Quote #530

Installed mono-5.4.0.201.tar.bz2
Installed monolite-164-latest.tar.gz
currently using your latest ASteambot 2.5.4

I found this in my log from yesterday
Spoiler

When i run new version today, same behavior and verbose readout, but nothing new in the log (SEND_TO_ARKARR.log)

Also, when i try to run on my local windows machine I get this
Spoiler

ive tried 'mono ASteambot.exe help' mono ASteambot.exe --help' mono ASteambot.exe -help' mono ASteambot.exe -h' and i dont know how you issue the help switch... i need to link authenticator i think..

Last edited by michaelrw; 10-13-2017 at 11:54.