Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Zombie Swarm 3.1

Post New Thread Reply   

ThomasNguyen
Old 06-10-2006 , 02:36  
Reply With Quote #11

WOW, wait a minute.. u can use this plugin with any metamod bot? because i was thinking about how podbot and realbot have all these files and configs and i dont know where to put em. and plus when u use different bots the names dont change to -Zombie|{name}-
Someone wanna help me =P

Also that zbotcz.dll crashes server. should i use some other kind of bot .dll??
Old 06-10-2006 , 02:57  
Reply With Quote #12

this commandline removed my crashing when using zbotcz.dll(actually i renamed it to zbot.dll):
hlds.exe -console -insecure -game cstrike +localinfo mm_gamedll dlls/zbot.dll +maxplayers 26 +port 27017 -nojoy -noipx -heapsize 128000 +servercfgfile server.cfg +mapcyclefile mapcycle.txt +motdfile motd.txt +logsdir logs -zone 2048 +map rambo_wallhack_test
Mini_Midget
Veteran Member
Old 06-10-2006 , 03:48  
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by voivod
this commandline removed my crashing when using zbotcz.dll(actually i renamed it to zbot.dll):
hlds.exe -console -insecure -game cstrike +localinfo mm_gamedll dlls/zbot.dll +maxplayers 26 +port 27017 -nojoy -noipx -heapsize 128000 +servercfgfile server.cfg +mapcyclefile mapcycle.txt +motdfile motd.txt +logsdir logs -zone 2048 +map rambo_wallhack_test
were you using cz or 1.6?

@Thomas, of course you can use other bot programs, not the one i just uploaded, i usually use podbot_mm cause i think its the best bot program
also, if you want to change the names of the bots with the bot program you are using, you'll have to do it yourself

the next version, i'll upload my podbot_mm with the zombie names
Old 06-10-2006 , 07:29  
Reply With Quote #14

cs 1.6

actually i think the best are the zbot, those are more "real" and properly configured are very handy

i use 2 for my server and ive got 2x more ppl visiting it
showscores show in latency that this is bot, if it didnt show it, those bots could be hard to identify that this is bot or human
ppl sometimes tell those guys cheat
Mini_Midget
Veteran Member
Old 06-10-2006 , 07:38  
Reply With Quote #15

true true...
but i dont wanna upload something illegal, i might just aswell upload the podbot version aswell just to be safe...
Old 06-10-2006 , 09:25  
Reply With Quote #16

well how the hell u could know that this bots are illegal? chill ;)
Deviance
Veteran Member
Old 06-10-2006 , 10:35  
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
well how the hell u could know that this bots are illegal? chill ;)
it was cracked whitout the permission of the creater

btw it's better to use Pod-Bot. dl it @ www.bots-united.com
ThomasNguyen
Old 06-10-2006 , 14:21  
Reply With Quote #18

So basically this plugin detects any bot program and uses it? because i tried using cz bot control and i couldnt change the name and the bots werent zombies most of the time and only had 100hp. So if i install pod bot the normal way (ex: addons/podbot/podbot_mm.dll) then it will work with zombie?

EDIT: How come when i only have the plugin on and no other bot programs on it works except most of the times the bots dont have a lot of hp and all that?? is it because CZ already has bots? if thats the case it still crashes.
Old 06-10-2006 , 14:25  
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
I got a question about your command line. What does -heapsize do? and -nojoy -noipx do? because i only have
Code:
C:\hlds\hlds.exe -console -game czero -insecure -port 27010 +maxplayers 19 +map de_dust_cz
Old 06-10-2006 , 21:43  
Reply With Quote #20

-heapsize -> size of the max memory used by HL. Don't know if it has a real impact on HLDS. If it work, the value est really low.
-nojoy -> disable joystick initialising
-noipx -> disable use of IPX (microsoft way to try to not make people use TCP/IP, win95 era)

To me, these commands seems like a blind copy-paste of an OLD HL CLIENT, far before steam even existed, as these are not even recognised by the current HLDS (or any).