Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[ANY] Source Community Ban List [Version 2]

Post New Thread Reply   

SomePanns
Old 06-24-2017 , 11:56   Re: [ANY] A new era of keeping hackers out! [SourceCBL]
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by good_live View Post
I got the point, but in my opinion transparancy is a very important part here.
So i don't really like the idea of non proofable bans.

Also let me turn this around.
Why are you regulating the use of the ban database?
Is there any abuse that you fear?
Or do you fear that users don't feal a ban as a threat?

Me as part of a community leadership don't really like the idea of giving up Control.
I still want to be able to allow any user I want to join the servers and as you said technicaly that's absoloutly no problem. As this isn't an automated detection there will be false positives. You wouldn't accept unban request if you don't agree on this.

So why don't you stop to try dictate the usage of this service? Is there any disadvantage at all?
What is it exactly that you are requesting?

Possibility to whitelist Steam IDs?
Possibility to exclude cs:go bans on tf2, tf2 bans on cs:go etc?
good_live
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-24-2017 , 12:01   Re: [ANY] A new era of keeping hackers out! [SourceCBL]
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomePanns View Post
What is it exactly that you are requesting?

Possibility to whitelist Steam IDs?
Possibility to exclude cs:go bans on tf2, tf2 bans on cs:go etc?
Not dictating the usage of the data in general.
SomePanns
Old 06-24-2017 , 12:03   Re: [ANY] A new era of keeping hackers out! [SourceCBL]
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by good_live View Post
Not dictating the usage of the data in general.
Alright, thanks for your input.

I'm going to discuss this with the other people in the administration and come back with an answer on this later today.
sneaK
SourceMod Moderator
Old 06-24-2017 , 16:45   Re: [ANY] A new era of keeping hackers out! [SourceCBL]
Reply With Quote #14

As a community leader I would also happen to concur with good_live on this one.

This is a great project with the overall gaming community in mind, and any sort of involvement by other communities to help further anti-cheat measures is always a good thing!
Old 06-24-2017 , 18:16   Re: [ANY] A new era of keeping hackers out! [SourceCBL]
Reply With Quote #15

We are going to implement this feature in the next version that we are working on at the moment. It is most likely going to be a whitelist config where you can put steamid exceptions that the plugin will ignore when it's running the API.
good_live
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-25-2017 , 01:45   Re: [ANY] A new era of keeping hackers out! [SourceCBL]
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomePanns View Post
We are going to implement this feature in the next version that we are working on at the moment. It is most likely going to be a whitelist config where you can put steamid exceptions that the plugin will ignore when it's running the API.
Once again i'm not asking for a Feature (i could do that myself), but instead for a change of your TOS.

Also an API Documentation would be really nice.
You shouldn't see your plugin as the service, but the data that you are providing. The plugin is just a reference implementation for the source engine. You are limiting yourself and the community if you continue like this.

And one more Point. If (and only if) you are thinking of expanding to something else then the source engine you should think about a game property for the bans. I already don't like plugins, which dont allow any VAC banned players on a Server (Maybe because i have a VAC ban myself ^^)

Last edited by good_live; 06-25-2017 at 01:55.
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 06-25-2017 , 01:57   Re: [ANY] A new era of keeping hackers out! [SourceCBL]
Reply With Quote #17

I also happen to be in this [mainly Discord-based] group [consisting of many community owners and a few people from these forums], though I have had no hand in the creation of this whatsoever. I won't be using it either as I feel the same way as good_live about these "master database" things. One person can be a hacker on some servers but not on others. I like to give people a chance on my server. I've had a few marked [on SteamRep] scammers play on my server which features minigames that players can wager items on (map-based minigames built into the map) and they've became honest regulars who actively bet and haven't scammed anyone on my server.

Last edited by 404UserNotFound; 06-25-2017 at 02:02.
SomePanns
Old 06-25-2017 , 06:10   Re: [ANY] A new era of keeping hackers out! [SourceCBL]
Reply With Quote #18

Together with what I mentioned, a small TOS change will be done accordingly to the update.

We have an API documentation available here.
Lux
Veteran Member
Old 06-25-2017 , 06:42   Re: [ANY] A new era of keeping hackers out! [SourceCBL]
Reply With Quote #19

I don't mean to poke fun but

Quote:
Policy/

Evidence

As evidence is what we built this system upon, it is extremely important that they are kept to certain standards.

Requirements for a demo to be accepted:

The demo has to 4,000 ticks (if you're recording on a private cs:go server with 128 ticks, it has to be 8,000 ticks).
does a 127tick server require 4,000 ticks or 8,000 ticks?

also
i can run my left 4 dead 2 server at a max 250ticks before it starts being unstable at default settings does that still require 4,000ticks?

You must be more clear:
Min ticks 4000
Min Time 30secs

Would be a better guide.
altho a 10tick server would be a troll

Commission me for L4D

Last edited by Lux; 06-25-2017 at 07:00. Reason: Cake
The Team Ghost
Old 06-25-2017 , 11:01   Re: [ANY] A new era of keeping hackers out! [SourceCBL]
Reply With Quote #20

Does this also work with Sourcebans/Sourcebans++ if no one answers I'll find out anyway