Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[L4D2] - Possible cl_first_person_uses_world_model for L4D2!

Post New Thread Reply   

Sev
Veteran Member
Old 08-26-2016 , 15:16   Re: [L4D2] - Possible cl_first_person_uses_world_model for L4D2!
Reply With Quote #21

Deathchaos was pretty close to achieving working legs.

My guess is he ran into the same issues and anything involving fast download servers was too much of a trade off.

Maybe debugging could achieve it much like Machine achieved AI Detours, but who knows.
Lux
Veteran Member
Old 08-26-2016 , 16:31   Re: [L4D2] - Possible cl_first_person_uses_world_model for L4D2!
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
Deathchaos was pretty close to achieving working legs.

My guess is he ran into the same issues and anything involving fast download servers was too much of a trade off.

Maybe debugging could achieve it much like Machine achieved AI Detours, but who knows.
A fast dl server is not really an issue i mean a steamworkshop release could do the files easy but it's the matter of people just joining the server without it.

A fast dl server with 1Gbit upload is 25euro a year for 1GB space which is more than enough for left 4 dead

And a server for 26Euro a year for 8slots with a powerful cpu which i benched it to be able to pull 100tick games with 20people anymore is too unstable

The price of those 2 are nearly a price of a AAA game is a very good deal, most of the issues in my opinion is that people just care for download link drag and drop and use it.

But csgo is a different story so sad

Edit: this is all reference to the server stuff i pay for and give people free play with no annoying ADs

Another edit: An ETA on L4dSkinChanger is whenever I finish it Also the same with the legs it is fully working but i have no filter system it will be done when it is done.

Commission me for L4D

Last edited by Lux; 08-26-2016 at 16:40.
Sev
Veteran Member
Old 08-26-2016 , 16:49   Re: [L4D2] - Possible cl_first_person_uses_world_model for L4D2!
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludastar View Post
A fast dl server is not really an issue i mean a steamworkshop release could do the files easy but it's the matter of people just joining the server without it.

A fast dl server with 1Gbit upload is 25euro a year for 1GB space which is more than enough for left 4 dead

And a server for 26Euro a year for 8slots with a powerful cpu which i benched it to be able to pull 100tick games with 20people anymore is too unstable

The price of those 2 are nearly a price of a AAA game is a very good deal, most of the issues in my opinion is that people just care for download link drag and drop and use it.

But csgo is a different story so sad

Edit: this is all reference to the server stuff i pay for and give people free play with no annoying ADs

Another edit: An ETA on L4dSkinChanger is whenever I finish it Also the same with the legs it is fully working but i have no filter system it will be done when it is done.
Seems like you have a lot on your plate.

I thought I remembered you saying you were looking to add Jill, Claire, Chris and Leon. Making the survivor count 13 survivors with voice and model.

Last edited by Sev; 08-26-2016 at 16:49.
Lux
Veteran Member
Old 08-26-2016 , 16:56   Re: [L4D2] - Possible cl_first_person_uses_world_model for L4D2!
Reply With Quote #24

yes i could but i would need help doing the data input which was the longest part also adawong talker like fake zoey is inefficient code would lagg the server way too much i would need to look at a better way of doing the talker maybe i should of recoded death's code from the start?

Edit: ill write a short example
Adawongs audio is from steam workshop as in steam workshop you just replace all the audio but most of it is the same sorting though all that to get the smallest amount of files and then writing a scene intercept file or huge array for talker (adawong.cfg) in the data sm folder so you can make the speech from adawong to match as much as you can with the audio you have in the closest context what is happening. few

Commission me for L4D

Last edited by Lux; 08-26-2016 at 17:03.
Lux
Veteran Member
Old 08-27-2016 , 20:23   Re: [L4D2] - Possible cl_first_person_uses_world_model for L4D2!
Reply With Quote #25

I'v Done the menu.
I just need to do alot more on the back end

Commission me for L4D
cravenge
Veteran Member
Old 08-28-2016 , 11:47   Re: [L4D2] - Possible cl_first_person_uses_world_model for L4D2!
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludastar View Post
I'v Done the menu.
I just need to do alot more on the back end
LMC stands for Ludastar's Model Changer, am I correct? Also, can I help you with your other plugins? (i.e RandomTank) Because I have so many tank models not in use.
Lux
Veteran Member
Old 08-29-2016 , 01:16   Re: [L4D2] - Possible cl_first_person_uses_world_model for L4D2!
Reply With Quote #27

no its not called that i never thought about that
name is Left 4 Dead 2 Model Changer

Plugin is here if you want it
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...84#post2449184

Commission me for L4D

Last edited by Lux; 08-29-2016 at 01:46.
AnOldLady
Old 09-17-2016 , 09:34   Re: [L4D2] - Possible cl_first_person_uses_world_model for L4D2!
Reply With Quote #28

Uhh... Seems like this thread is dead? No plugin no nothing.
Anyway I made a non-plugin version with instructions how to use online here. I have released it.

See gameplay with instructions in description: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM7n3nVOf0k
Lux
Veteran Member
Old 06-18-2017 , 07:25   Re: [L4D2] - Possible cl_first_person_uses_world_model for L4D2!
Reply With Quote #29

I managed to replicate the left 4 dead 1 viewmodel legs on l4d2 looks nice with lmc model

It's pretty much done but just needs polishing works with workshop model's fine unless you have a big model installed

Commission me for L4D

Last edited by Lux; 06-23-2017 at 18:54.
Seagfrei
Old 06-23-2017 , 20:28   Re: [L4D2] - Possible cl_first_person_uses_world_model for L4D2!
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
I managed to replicate the left 4 dead 1 viewmodel legs on l4d2 looks nice with lmc model

It's pretty much done but just needs polishing works with workshop model's fine unless you have a big model installed
hello lux where could i download this plugin? thanks.