Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Players able to join server even when full

Post New Thread Reply   

boboffuture
Old 06-22-2017 , 22:51   Players able to join server even when full
Reply With Quote #1

I just noticed this problem while setting up slot reservation in my current live server. Everyone that connects via console, can enter my server (as far as I can tell, only 1 extra slot).

This happens in the 14 slot DM server, ALOT of times it's 15/14, it has a few plugins.

Copied every plugin to my local server, and started removing them to figure out the problem, ended up deleting EVERYTHING, addons folder, cfg folder, everything but the maps folder and pak.vpk files. Re-downloaded everything, and STILL happening.

I have absolutely NO idea why this is happening, so any tips?
sneaK
SourceMod Moderator
Old 06-22-2017 , 23:03   Re: Players able to join server even when full
Reply With Quote #2

Gonna go ahead and assume CS:GO, but you didn't specify.

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2302217
Old 06-22-2017 , 23:33   Re: Players able to join server even when full
Reply With Quote #3

Oh

You're correct, it's CS:GO.

So is this a bug? or this thing is planned? It's SO weird to me, since AFAIK if a server is full, it should kick you with a "Dropped client, server is full" message, right?

I thought that this was because of slot reservation from SourceMod. And was curious to see why it wasn't kicking other people to open space.
kasikadam
Old 06-23-2017 , 04:09   Re: Players able to join server even when full
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by boboffuture View Post
Oh

You're correct, it's CS:GO.

So is this a bug? or this thing is planned? It's SO weird to me, since AFAIK if a server is full, it should kick you with a "Dropped client, server is full" message, right?

I thought that this was because of slot reservation from SourceMod. And was curious to see why it wasn't kicking other people to open space.
This is a general bug for csgo they cant connect if server is full via server browser however they can connect with typing connect xx.xx.xx.xx . I don't know if there is a solution but its generally not a problem.
boboffuture
Old 06-23-2017 , 11:25   Re: Players able to join server even when full
Reply With Quote #5

Well, since players can connect to the server even tho it's tecnically full, is there a way to set-up the default slot reservation plugin to not use a slot?

I can achieve what I want by setting the reserve type to 1, and using 1 slot (so tecnically the server will be 15 slots, and will be shown are 14, the extra slot is the reserved one, but I just want VIPs to be able to connect to the full server, and then the plugin kick someone to make room for the VIP).

I know a plugin that does this, but I'm wondering if I can do the same with the default SourceMod plugin without settings 1 reserved slot.

I think I can pull this off editing 1 line of code in the slotreservation plugin (that avoids the reservation logic if the reserved slot count = 0) but I'm wondering if I'm missing something, or the plugin shouldn't be used for this case.